• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

Not feeling Shao’s design but he looks fun, I do wonder who his father is (Onaga?)

Sindel looks solid but 11 is still her best design. I do love she has a Class K feat

Motaro looks crazy and it’s dope since we know he’s a canon character in this game

Raiden looks busted and seemingly has a cool speed feat (for sending you to the stratosphere) and duplication

So the trailer shows that there's a tourney between Outworld and Earthrealm, General Shao konquered the realm of the Shokan when Sindel said he did it to the Kuatan Planes (it's spelled "Quaton" for some reason)

The tourney was made by Jerrod and Liu long ago, dunno for what purpose it is now, since the MK tourney was made to earn the right to claim something from someone in kombat (throughout the games it was claim to a realm, in a non-canon MK9 ending for Liu, the Elder Gods made a one match MK tourney to determine who will become Earthrealm's protector between Liu and Raiden)

Also Shao killing the Umgadi warriors, looks like Shao is overthrowing the Throne and he's influenced by Shang's convincing
Yeah we knew this from the clip showing Motaro, Shang is inciting him to act violently.

but in terms of Hax Shao doesn’t seem to have much, seemingly just Weapon Control and Energy Manipulation are his things

Motaro does get some decent stuff tho

Really like the way Shao can drop his axe in gameplay to go for pure hand to hand but also still use the axe in other ways like slamming the opponent into it or using it to attack from a distance, it looks like it'll be a lot of fun to use in combos.

Yeah we knew this from the clip showing Motaro, Shang is inciting him to act violently.

but in terms of Hax Shao doesn’t seem to have much, seemingly just Weapon Control and Energy Manipulation are his things

Motaro does get some decent stuff tho
He has fire manip too from the trails of his swings and the cracks of fire that he leaves on the floor from the strikes of his weapon, interesting how green energy is nonexistent rn

Really like the way Shao can drop his axe in gameplay to go for pure hand to hand but also still use the axe in other ways like slamming the opponent into it or using it to attack from a distance, it looks like it'll be a lot of fun to use in combos.
Yeah looks he has some interesting setups, like MKX Ronin Takeda but Shao has a new playstyle after he drops his weapon

Motaro should have been playable noooo.
Not a big fan of the axe and horns for Shao, I hope they avoid making him into a clown this time too at least.

I think it's the horns. I really like his design overall but the horns are just too big, they look good combined with his helmet but without it they look comically large.
Ears are dumb too for me, he looks like a Dragon Age character
Motaro should have been playable noooo.
Not a big fan of the axe and horns for Shao, I hope they avoid making him into a clown this time too at least.
yeah the Axe and armour aren’t it, hopefully he’s a tank in story mode tho
Yeah looks he has some interesting setups, like MKX Ronin Takeda but Shao has a new playstyle after he drops his weapon
Honestly reminds me of a move from Ares in Injustice, loving that since Ares was my main from I1. Really hoping he gets some good kit (like let my man have Emperor’s Shield back)
He has fire manip too from the trails of his swings and the cracks of fire that he leaves on the floor from the strikes of his weapon, interesting how green energy is nonexistent rn
Oo good catch, they’re playing up the dragon vibes here (which has lead to some thinking his “father” is Onaga). Aside from that his bio might have some new hax for the hourglass as well

Yooo NRS showing us a look at MK1's prologue and Chapter 1 is Kung Lao's, plus the new Invasion mode. Story spoilers for prologue and chapter 1 below

Kronika appears to Shang before he became a sorcerer (he is just a quack doctor mage without his powers) and tells him that he's destined for more by being a powerful sorcerer that everyone fears. The Lin Kuei (Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Smoke, and some black clad jobbers) attack the teahouse where Kung Lao and Raiden (who are best buddies) always have lunch in. They are trained by an old lady named Madame Bo, probably a reference to Bo' Rai Cho or even another version of him as the Shaolin duo's new master. Also Cyber Smoke's planet busting fatality is back but Cyrax has it now lol, too bad he's a non-canon Kameo

Last edited:
They are sticking to the stinky individual chapters format? I hate that, they learned nothing from 5 story modes ****** up by this stupid system?

They are sticking to the stinky individual chapters format? I hate that, they learned nothing from 5 story modes ***** up by this stupid system?
It's back like Kronika is. I personally don't think the chapter system is a problem, it's just the writing and what they can fit in a single chapter. MK9 shoved people like Reptile, Baraka, Kano, Sheeva in every opportunity the good guys run into a problem before the big one. They just have to be more diverse in who wins and who loses. Plus more pre fight cutscenes need to put some respect on these fighters (e.g. MK9-X Ermac owning everyone until your current player character fights him, the IGAU quick time events, etc.)

I think it limits the narrative by a lot and makes it more discontinued honestly, aside from framing the characters only in specific portions (unless they get favoritism like Scorpion and Liu in 11).
I agree that writing can be improved while keeping the method, though. Still, I'd also like some chapters dedicated to villains, not only makes the playthrough more varied, it also allows them to shine a little and not be a sorry bunch of jobbers from the last goon to the final boss.

Calc'd at Low 4-C, but this could be lower because the planet still remains as fragments and it's not utterly annihilated
Yeah probably 5-A for this one
Oh yeah looks like Havik's got Mid regeneration from popping his head off and regrowing it
Ayo where

also wild Kronika is alive, perhaps her soul made a new body somehow? Low-Godly would be cool and I wonder if she gets new hax

also wild Kronika is alive, perhaps her soul made a new body somehow? Low-Godly would be cool and I wonder if she gets new hax
This could deadass be high-godly, if Liu Kang tried to erase her from history and she came back anyway

I'm not sure, it all depends on how the universe split or whatever occurred.

Could be mid-godly if Shang retained her soul and she lol'noped it, high-godly if one of them tried to rewrite history while deleting her from the equation.

One of his strings that end in a headbutt that shatters his skull, seconds later a blood globule pops out and his head reforms. It was in Invasion gameplay vids around the internets
Crazy cool
Ok but when are they finally gonna bring back everyone's favorite character, Moloch?
unironically wouldn’t mind him as a Kameo

also the Invasion Mode has Test Your Might, could e use that for feats?

With invasion mode, we can get a clearer maps so when there's a feats that has a higher destructivr AP, we can use those maps as the references, and that's honestly really cool and make our jobs easier

Also with test your might is back, i'm hoping that test your luck is back as well lel

Anyway which DLC chars you guys excited most, mine are Takeda and Omniman

And Homelander.....for spite reasons, MK1 all Fatality on Homelander will be glorious as hell

Anyway which DLC chars you guys excited most, mine are Takeda and Omniman

And Homelander.....for spite reasons, MK1 all Fatality on Homelander will be glorious as hell
I'm excited for the MK half of KP1 because i want to see what new abilities and feats they got but the guests are nice as well

Looks like Liu Kang really did a big bang in the story mode and made every celestial body in his universe, from planets and stars to entire galaxies, would be cool if he did this without the Hourglass seeing how he can make a black hole with a snap. Starts at 0:41 btw

Looks like Liu Kang really did a big bang in the story mode and made every celestial body in his universe, from planets and stars to entire galaxies, would be cool if he did this without the Hourglass seeing how he can make a black hole with a snap. Starts at 0:41 btw

Yes but it was the hourglass

Can we update the Hourglass now with this feats (or used Shao khan Ending where he create endless timelines?)

Can we update the Hourglass now with this feats (or used Shao khan Ending where he create endless timelines?)
We already know it creates timelines, that’s nothing new.

but tbh one could argue that Liu actually created the stars and such himself over time. Give him a nice star rating since it’s so vague. But idk.

Back