• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More Gilgamatches: The King of Heros wants to slay a monster.

"Anywhere" is a strong word. Yes he has surrounded people with portals, but he hasn't spawned them literally on top of them with one possible exception in which he used only a single portal.

He kept up with a weaker-than-normal Artoria, who still beat him. He was also wearing his Island Level+ armor during that fight.

Key word "if". Enkidu spam is something he does quite frequently Enkidu spam that would normally be overkill is something he does not use often.

And Bam can block the chains with Shinsoo attacks or barriers.

It's also worth noting that Bam can also form Shinsoo attack around enemies to attack, similarly to Gil's GoB. He also has a higher firing rate and better control over his projectiles than Gil.

Baam by fate standards is divine, Gil tends to use Enkidu against divine people pretty early. And even then what's stopping Gil from literally just doing as he normally does with Enkidu offensively an just making a shit ton of portals directly above and below his target.

Oh! So baam has comparable firing rate to someone who stopped a solid beam of energy with ******* swords? It isn't a contest for who has the better firing rate. On average if Baam actually does hundreds then yeah for a short bit Gil will be behind.

Artoria and Gilgamesh were literally clashing swords for most of the second fight. He wasn't tanking much, if anything, until Artoria used Avalon, walked through EA and slashed him with Excalibur. Gil may not be as skilled as Artoria but he is at least capable of keeping up.

I know. Nothing stops him, it's just not enough if we use the Herc fight as a measuring stick.

Fire rate is important as proven by UBW. Gil stops that with quantity, not fire rate.

Which is not yet at Bam's level. And before you bring up Instinct, Gil did not get in any good hits on Artoria during that fight. Besides, sword fighting skill is not exactly relevant in this match.

You didn't really address the rest of Bam's capabilities and options I named that could definitely spell trouble for Gil.

Fire rate is important as proven by UBW. Gil stops that with quantity, not fire rate.
Which is not yet at Bam's level. And before you bring up Instinct, Gil did not get in any good hits on Artoria during that fight. Besides, sword fighting skill is not exactly relevant in this match.

You didn't really address the rest of Bam's capabilities and options I named that could definitely spell trouble for Gil.
Unlimited Blade Works Gilgamesh has so many reasons as to why it isn't his usual mindset. Especially against Shirou. This is stated and proven in every Gilgamesh thread that brings up UBW.

Agreed, just saying that Gilgamesh isn't as unskilled as everyone

Maybe it's because there isn't anything to say hmm?

I meant the reality marble UBW, not the route.

I am aware. He's still a battle-oriented Servant after all.

Well in that case my point stands. Enkidu is an effective weapon, but it does not give Gil an easy victory.

Not voting yet though.

ACnLfHo.png

Well those lights are GoB.

And there's also the fact all his weapon have different abilities, ranging from space axe, dura neg of Gae Bolg and various conceptual armament.

I know what GoB can do, I also know Gil will definitely not shoot that many weapons at Bam before he gets desperate enough to just pull out EA instead.

That was against enkidu, yall need to undertand the difference between gil when he is fighting someone worthy/serious oceans of danmaku for days
vs casual arrogant gil whos danmaku spam varies.

vs casual arrogant gil whos danmaku spam varies.
More precisely it depends on the situation at hand, if Gil is just attacked without something of a challenge/announcement he takes it as an insult and is far more willing to just murder someone outright with his full power

If Gil is just attacked without something of a challenge/announcement he takes it as an insult and is far more willing to just murder someone outright with his full power
Who did gil do this full power too?

Idk how baam fights and via vsbattle is he doing something like this to gil?

I just wanted to set the record straight,
Ive noticed for awhile some people are conflating a Gil excluding the higher tiers who could hilariously destroy most characters on this site no diff, together with a gil we laugh at cause his arrogance is gonna give him an L

you've literally made him more bland and boring just copy and paste this:

When ever his paired against an opponent in a vsbw who has an ability/hax that could potentially beat him just say oh supress SNI told him about it, he releases full SNI precog listens to the auto win guide that works on acausality type 5 pulls out stuff from GoB even he doesnt understand and wins.

Who did gil do this full power too?
Don't remember but I know it was a Lost belt in FGO that he got pissed at someone attacking him without warning and proceeded to drop a lot more weapons then he usually would starting out

Also I only said "far more willing" not that he actually did it

im just happy that this match was alive and that all it took was me giving the initial push(for Bam) hehe

Also Forcefields of Bam cover his whole body and has absorbtion and btw(not on this key) Spamming Danmaku from anywhere is not really something new in Tower of God, Data Zahard literally did that against him.

Also:
Oh! So baam has comparable firing rate to someone who stopped a solid beam of energy with ******* swords? It isn't a contest for who has the better firing rate. On average if Baam actually does hundreds then yeah for a short bit Gil will be behind.
Who did this, I want to put them against White(Hoaqin).

Last edited:
Also to set the record on Bam skill:

Bam is able to copy and instantly master moves after seeing them once, he can join/mix several hundreds of skill and join them to his style.

Could copy an entire martial style an style that by WoG normal ppl wont be able to use as good as Arie's family member, yet Bam could go toe with toe with one of the most skilled known member of the Arie family.
That style could bend space,and follow abstract lines of attack he could copy the entire style after he fought it only 3 times MIND YOU, only the third time he got a sword, he probably copied it the first time as all canon says that he copy and master at simple sight.
Before there was an statement that no one could copy the style but that was before the previous Word of God so it likely got retconned:
Martial and Instinctive Senses:
He can adapt to his enemy pattern attack, has a danger sense and instinctive reaction from natural instinct(even from totally soundless and invisible attacks)not super anything just instinct.

His senses are so good that he can sense several invisible attacks coming from different directions, UNTIL he straigforwardly learnt to SEE the invisible attacks by seeing it's flow on shinsu(air).
  • Can copy entire styles/and skill and master them instantly.
  • Can mix hundreds of skills and add them to his own style.
  • Can adapt to his enemy attack pattern and outgrow them.
  • Instinctive Reaction and Danger sense from Natural prowress.
  • His senses which are innate of him are very good.

Last edited:
Even in Zero and Stay Night, Gilgamesh was willing to casually throw hundreds of weapons at his opponents.

He doesn't need to be fighting someone "worthy".

I've only seen the anime for Zero. When did that happen?

Either way due to having an AP and dura advantage, Bam should be capable of dealing with hundreds of weapons. Especially since Gil tends to shoot hem like a wall, instead of from all directions, with those numbers.

In the VN Fate route Day 15 That which cannot be surrendered
"Of course. I had no intention to kill Saber. That thing is mine.
But
2-line2.png
I cannot stay idle if I want the Holy Grail.
I need just one more Servant to die for the ritual to be completed."

A thousand swords appear.
The golden knight grins.
That's why he was able to block Lancer's surprise attack.
Lancer wasn't the only one trying to launch a surprise attack on his ally.

"Damn
2-line2.png
so this was your plan all along."

"I told you. I would have done the same thing if you had not done so.
You deserve praise, Cu Chulainn. This situation is ideal for me."
The distance between the two decreases.
Before I see them clash, we leave that place.

ties bam up with enkidu then experiments on him is a valid reason from me if it was stated before.
I mean, forcefield with absorbtion qualities tho, that's what he does in character when someone spams attacks close to him, which has already happened.
edit: WOOPS, not on this key
Shields.png

And im sure the one who made that vote also addressed Bam RFC+pirecing technique as a wincon to Bam, but fair enough

Last edited:
If that's the case mind to come to my Raikou match?
link?
I mean, forcefield with absorbtion qualities tho, that's what he does in character when someone spams attacks close to him, which has already happened.
Shields.png

And im sure the one who made that vote also addressed Bam RFC+pirecing technique as a wincon to Bam, but fair enough
so Bam is going to keep the shinsu defense on forever? and also it is not in Bam character to use this,
and like i said once enkidu is used the match is pretty much decided, Bam is divine so yeah he gets nuked

link?

so Bam is going to keep the shinsu defense on forever? and also it is not in Bam character to use this,
and like i said once enkidu is used the match is pretty much decided, Bam is divine so yeah he gets nuked
This has already been debunked. Enkidu is an effective weapon against Bam, but it doesn't grant Gil an easy victory as Bam has ways of defending against it.

Back