• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mordekaiser and Nautilus' 6-C ratings

These champions have the most nonsensical reasonings for their ratings and they should be removed and revised immediately.

Mordekaiser: (More powerful than the whole of the Black Mist, a force capable of potentially destroying the island nation of Bilgewater)

Nautilus: (Singlehandedly defeated half of the Black Mist that was going to destroy Bilgewater, the equivalent of the combined force of Miss Fortune, Gangplank, and two entire armadas)

This might be fine, except that the Black Mist is totally unquatified and it hasn't even carried out what it is said to be capable of. So a downgrade for both of these champions is necessary.

There's nothing else describing what it exactly does and no proof/showings of its power at that level. It's literally just a statement and you're using it to rate them at 6-C, when the destruction could simply be burnt buildings and ships.

When the context is completely wrong and there are no further showings or feats supporting the argument. This is the exact reason as to why Illaoi got downgraded from 6-C here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/658003.

'Illaoi ― The Black Mist is unquantified, and nothing in the lore suggests that she fought all of it off, only that she faced the strongest spirits (like Hecarim as an example). So, a downgrade here. Downgrade to Standard level.'

The Black Mist is unquantifiable, since we don't know how it destroys places apart from the spirits like Hecarim and Thresh running around and killing people, and neither of those have Island level feats. So putting both Nautilus and Mordekaiser up there for the faulty reasoning that Illaoi had seems pretty stupid.

Black Mist isn't unquantified but at no point is its destruction of the islands implied to be instant.

Either way, this seems like a downgrade for both characters, though I'll wait for further input. I'll be going out soon, so don't worry if I don't get the chance to reply immediately. I'll get to it later.

If the destruction is say killing everything in the vicinity, it might just be haxx. I remember arguing about it being spiritual in nature too in the past.

Possible to go for unknown ratings too imo.

Not sure why you've asked me when I haven't actively played League of Legends outside of URF for years.

That said, the reasoning seems alright (my memory of the Harrowing 2014 is fuzzy), but Weekly should be on here.

@Repp, just thought I should get as many opinions as I can. Yeah, I'm also waiting for Weekly and Perp as well, but they seem a little busy.

Downgrade to Unknown, definitely no. If youre going to downgrade them theyd both be 7-C for Naut's scaling and Mord being superior to guy like Hecarim who are bound to the Black Mist

Can't the Black Mist destroy the entire island outright? As in it passes by and the island is gone?

...honestly, yeah, the Black Mist justification had always felt like one of the weakest. The way it's usually portrayed, even in the pre-reboot lore, its more a corrupting force than anything direct, with "destroy" being used in the context of "ruin, ravage, wither." Etc.

We downgraded Varus too (His justification was just "Absorbed the energy that corrupted an island), so I agree with the downgrade.

Back