• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter: World of "Bro what"

Fulgar Anjanath isn't actually stronger considering normal Anjanath has the same turf war with Diablos.
Weird that this isn't in World, since Anjanath does show up in the Wildspire waste, but not much that can be done, I guess you do have a point

Still, even going case by case, nothing else has feats even remotely close to White Fatalis' level, so there is a pretty solid reason to think it swings to the other side of the spectrum

Last edited:
Still, even going case by case, nothing else has feats even remotely close to White Fatalis' level, so there is a pretty solid reason to think it swings to the other side of the spectrum
I don't really see how that swings to the other side of the spectrum, characters with weaker feats can scale to higher levels of strength. Fatalis itself does not have any anti feats that would imply that it is significantly weaker than White Fatalis as they both always are defeated by the same Hunter (which you could use as a scaling point in this situation).

btw are there any other MH threads going on right now that I should know about? If so, can I get a link and summary of them? Thanks in advance!

I don't really see how that swings to the other side of the spectrum, characters with weaker feats can scale to higher levels of strength. Fatalis itself does not have any anti feats that would imply that it is significantly weaker than White Fatalis as they both always are defeated by the same Hunter (which you could use as a scaling point in this situation).
The Hunter generally jumps up in strength a lot (fighting a Diablos and a Rathalos and then almost immediately proceeding to fight off Nergigante in the process of destroying Zorah's Magmacores, facing a Rathalos and Zinogre then jumping straight to Shagaru Magala, or just fighting Elder Dragons and jumping to a Black Dragon in the first place)

I guess there aren't really solid anti-feats to decisively shift it one way or another but still

For what it's worth and to get around the aforementioned power jumping issue, I'd prefer it if monsters fought before a feat occurs were not assumed to scale to that feat unless they are then shown to be comparable to the source of the feat after the feat in question is made.

btw are there any other MH threads going on right now that I should know about? If so, can I get a link and summary of them? Thanks in advance!

General Discussion
  • The Hunter profile is slowly being redone to have separate keys for each game.
  • Capcom's crossover card game Teppen has some sweet MH art.
  • What's your favorite monster?
  • Sunbreak's Qurio are scary and maybe should get a profile of their own?

Kushala Daora (and friends) upgrade CRT
  • In the process of deciding which monsters we have conclusive proof of scaling to Kushala.
  • Badly in need of opinions on how (or even whether) Lao-Shan Lung, Valstrax, Tempered Monsters + a bunch of others scale.

MH broad Stamina rework CRT
  • A little thread that got swept under the rug a little while back.
  • Many profiles for this setting are really, really out of date and lacking a centralized format. Standardizing MH profile stamina is part of an effort to change this.

On my plate is to redo Alatreon's powers and abilities based on Iceborne information and fixing some baseless stuff in there, as well as do a CRT to figure out monster intelligence once and for all in the future as well, since most profiles have a single word like "High" with no elaboration on what that means, and profiles like Fatalis use information that's just... wrong.

I did see the Alatreon one, actually! And yeah, I agree with the removal or rewording of the powers and abilities as you listed them, it's weird how so much stuff slipped by in the past lmao

I came back just for this because I don't wanna see my 5-A Monster Hunter go :(

Is this thread done it's job or something because I just want to throw my two cents into this. I talked with DMUA in discord what my opinions are but basically:

*I am okay with speed feats, MFTL+ is valid, MH rarely talks about planets, when hoshi is mentioned, it's almost universally stars. Looks like Hypersonic Elder Dragons got dropped but further justification should be added.
*Agreed with Dala and Xeno dropping to Low 6-B which I saw the recalc of the explosion turns into.
*Agree with Kirin dropping to 7-A and Raging Brachy to Elder Dragon level.
*I heavily disagree with removing 5-A Fatalis in its entirety. DMUA's reason for removing it can be the reason why sun didn't appear but it could just as well be the moon. It could also be telekinesis just as much as he done it himself. At least Low 6-B, possibly 5-A. I believe there can be a middle ground that can be drawn here.

*It could also be telekinesis just as much as he done it himself. At least Low 6-B, possibly 5-A. I believe there can be a middle ground that can be drawn here.
I mean, if any Fatalian species were capable of straight-up telekinesis, the devs would have gone out of their way to explain it like they do many other fantastical phenomena in this series, but nowhere in Fatalis-related content have they ever stated or even implied telekinesis was a trait of Fatalis - even after the "curtain" came up three years ago on the Black Dragons. In terms of 'evidence' for telekinesis, at most you could say the castle begins crumbling when Fatalis wakes up, but that could easily just be tremors from its immense strength, like Ceadeus or even Zorah Magdaros.

In no gameplay setting does Fatalis ever actually use telekinesis. You'd think if it has orbital range TK it would just burst the hunter or hit them without even touching them before crawling up to and breathing fire on them. And if Fatalis really did use telekinesis to perform that feat, that wouldn't necessarily even scale to its physicals, either, right?

Yeah everything that hasn't been added to the profiles kinda just got dropped

On the other hand I did at least find a few examples of the Kirin statement being completely literal with the help of Josh (Kirin escaping Rajang after their horn broke in his ecology cutscene, MH4U's introduction has them blatantly pull that trick multiple times [side note: you do indeed fight Kirin in low rank in 4U, so lol])

Last edited:
In no gameplay setting does Fatalis ever actually use telekinesis. You'd think if it has orbital range TK it would just burst the hunter or hit them without even touching them before crawling up to and breathing fire on them. And if Fatalis really did use telekinesis to perform that feat, that wouldn't necessarily even scale to its physicals, either, right?
I think they're arguing that Fatalis could have just pushed it physically and flew back down, since we do see it fly from the moon itself

... Which is strange for a few different other reasons but

At the very least White Fatalis and Disufiroa should remain 5-A imo, the other DFCM can get At least Low 6-B likely far higher or possibly 5-A depending on the compromise.

I mostly inclined to agree with @ShiroyashaGinSan here.

Yeah everything that hasn't been added to the profiles kinda just got dropped

On the other hand I did at least find a few examples of the Kirin statement being completely literal with the help of Josh (Kirin escaping Rajang after their horn broke in his ecology cutscene, MH4U's introduction has them blatantly pull that trick multiple times [side note: you do indeed fight Kirin in low rank in 4U, so lol])
There is also this, skip to 2:14 For more Kirin stuff if that matters, or another instance is like 2:54 in the same video

And also who knows with the whole telekinesis thing. I doubt it's Telekinesis, but the closest thing we have for that amongst the Fatalis family is Crimson, in how it can just inexplicably summon meteors. Maybe BannedLagiacrus' twitter threads say different now, but when we looked through it initially on the old lore blog I think it said that it was totally unknown as to how Crimson Fatalis was even capable of doing this. But still, telekinesis is speculation and I think the general consensus is that White Fatalis pushed the moon physically

I don't think this thread has reached a conclusion yet.
As of now, Kirin is tiered as stated here, Zorah/Dala/Xeno are rated at Low 6-B as desired here, and the general thread has opened a new line of discussion regarding scaling sub-apexes to apexes which has yet to reach a final conclusion. As for speed, MHS+ and MFTL+ are both still up in the air, and are not accepted right now. Those are the lines of discussion this thread can continue on.

Back