• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter Discussion Thread (#1)

technically accurate clearly you are a renowned game designer, tell me more things that are just like dark souls and bastardize the name

"Well, the obvious ones would have to be Super Smash Bros and Dragon Ball Fighterz. I mean, cmon,being able to come back to life? Now that's just a lack of creativity."

Cool but I have no idea what any of it says.

also I've been slowly making write-ups for Monster Hunter creatures in D&D kek

Mr. Bambu said:
also I've been slowly making write-ups for Monster Hunter creatures in D&D kek
Not gonna lie I've been meaning to do that for literally ever now

On that note, making a tabletop adaptation of Persona for my friends lul

For reference

CR ranges from 5 (Great Jagras) to 40+ (Fatalis)

If it means anything, I always envisioned Dalamadur being a perfect fit for a D&D monster (Despite being far too large for the size system in D&D)

First phase is Dalamadur, who has basic attacks such as a meteor "spell" that lasts multiple turns and peppers the entire party, really high AC

But if you get it to a low enough HP, it will shed its skin and become Shah Dalamadur, which has lower AC but is more aggressive and can attack more within a turn. I also envisioned it having a passive ability where if players get to close, they suffer from heat damage due to the immense heat that radiates from Shah Dala.

Just small stuff along those lines, at least for what moves/attacks/skills Dala might have if I ever translated it into D&D stuff in its entirety.

Actually it does fit under Colossal+.

But... yeah, that sounds lit. I also have worked on adding Dark Souls/Bloodborne stuff to D&D since I'm trying to have a lot of new shit for the Discord table to deal with.

@Rein

Mine is White Fatalis and Ceadeus theme,every time i wanna fight them i always thinking it will be the end,so pre-historic and epic.

Valstrax and Dire Miralis theme are closest to my liking.

Also Dalamadur and Nergigante's theme is cool. Also, that theme running at you whenever Bazelgoose and Pickle is coming at you. ******* run.

Nightmare with most melee weapons tbh. Tornadoes and he just... keeps... flying...

I play for fashion souls more than effectiveness tbh. Most people acknowledge Charge Blade being OP. Longswords just have the best fashion.

I like Longsword in solo. But for me, the most stylish weapon is Insect Glaive. I tried it and it hits like leaf on a lion. Still, fun weapon.

BUMP

Also apparently the Lance for Black Fatalis can cause wounds that cannot be healed from and "will remain raw for 100s of years".

That's kinda neat

I wonder how they would know that if most hunters kill monsters and then the corpse is disassembled. I guess someone caught a monster and it had a long life span but the wounds never healed and then they traced it back to the hunter using that lance.

huh

Regen Negation, cool

Oh, huh. A new calc for MH. That's a good supporting feat at least.

Also, question... Would there be any way to calc the Storm that White Fatalis makes in that cutscene. I imagine the hardest part of that would be finding the distance/size of the damn thing, honestly...

Bump

Was looking over the Gore Magala profile and its first key says "Has feats that makes it comparable to Elder Dragons like Kushala Daora and Deviljho", but then it doesn't specify what those feats are.

Shouldn't we add them to the profile?

I need to catch up on MH smh

been awhile since I even picked up World

Nargacuga coming yeah boiiiiiiiiiii

G-Rank, new continent, and Witcher in really nice too. I'm actually pumped to play MH all over again.

Just wondering, how good is Monster Hunter World?. I've just heard of the franchise a while back and seen minor gameplay.

Is it one of those games I can enjoy playing by myself or do I need a crew running around with me?.

Um. Both, usually. I played most of the game solo but it is certainly better with friends. The older games are 100% built to be done with friends but they sorta moved away from that model with World (probably why it is their best selling game).

But yeah for the most part you can play it 100% on your own if you want.

Should also be worth mentioning that making armor sets or getting the materials for even a single weapon can sometimes be rather time consuming. So if you don't have enough time on your hands, chances are it could be hard to get into the game.

That is true. I remember friends asking a lot how, when the game had just come out, I had gotten Kushala Daora armor as a full set coz it was just

so ******* time consuming

because stupid tornado dragon bastard is mean.

It just occurred to me

In the Monster Hunter World Expansion, if this new icy area is also a part of the New World, wouldn't that mean that the Zorah Magdaros Country level+ feat needs to be redone?

We may end up getting a buff if this turns out to be the case.

BUMP

Also, found something kinda interesting I guess. Was looking through the Ecology and Lore Blog again, found some stuff on Dalamadur.

According to it, Dalamadur's power is enough to affect the entire world (and we already know that it can shift the tectonic plates). As well as that, Shah Dalamadur has the following passage in its ecology section: "The Shah Dalamadur's tail rips the air and sky with fire. It gouges the land with its immense strength, shaking the earth in fire."

So it implies that it could shake the whole planet, I guess? Any way for us to maybe calc this, come up with a potential buff for Dalamadur, Zorah and Xeno?

it Highly could since our dear monster's travel to the ice world and back from a fair distance and the ice world is the by product of the everstream which is still conencted to the new world.

and for what you just posted right now that could either give them planet level high end but low end would probably be Continent level(or +) to multi-continent level

Back