• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter Discussion Thread (#1)

Vaal Hazak's power output is in the "Powers and Abilities" section lol

Alright so I just checked and honestly, even if it is referring to an actually kind of eclipse (which I doubt it is), it would be a massive outlier. Plus it is incredibly vague on what a "black eclipse" even is since I googled the term and basically nothing came up for it. Plus for Shagaru, all that is said is "The virus's range will also block out the sun and put the area in a seemingly endless night.". This would only line up with the fact that we see Shagaru darken the sky in its fight/when it dies everything lights up again because the Virus is no longer being held in place.

Not gonna lie, I doubt the Black Eclipse thing means much here.

Also small update, but on Vaal's profile Biological Manipulation and Mind Manipulation are in the Power and Abilities section twice.

Laviente used to be classified as an Elder Dragon, but it got reclassified as Unclassified for some reason. Also, Guanzomuru is named wrong, the monster is actually called Guanzorumu

> Says he is gonna make Vaal Hazak

> First verse page uploaded after he says that is the one he called dibs on

ThisCannotContinue

So minor thing I realized about Gore Magala is that, I think, one of its item/material descriptions says that a part of its body actually dissolves or devours the thing that touches it?

I think it ight have been the carapace or something. IDK if it is legit tho

I personally refer to him as Kush Daddy honestly. And yeah, Jho was stated to occasionally go up against Kushala, though Kushala seemed to have higher chances of victory.

Hellblade Glavenus is considered to be on equal footing with it. According to the Ecology page on for Deviljho, it is capable of keeping up with Akantor and Ukanlos.

Honestly I wouldn't even call Kushala a rival. I'd say it is more accurate that fights between the two have been documented, but that is just me.

I have a Monster Hunter vs EtG Hunter thread if anyone wants to look

dis it

UH

UHM

THAT ONE

RIGHT THERE

Yes, actually. It is the best selling game Capcom has ever released. It was an overwhelming success.

Mine's either Valstrax or Alatreon. Also even other MH game is a juggernaut. Sony and Nintendo are fighting really hard for MH because to be frank, in Japan, nothing can top Monster Hunter on the same ground. Oh yeah, GG Microsoft.

Absolutely. No doubt about that. They need to work on the variety since the server's pretty stale now because of it.

Also I seen people arguing if Dark souls is rip-off of Monster Hunter in the internet last day. And it did not went well.

You die with few hits, you heal all the time, stamina system is pretty identical, enemies are tanky AF and you can barely damage them, the gut gud difficulty, you die a lot, you need to use your moves and background carefully, and you run away to enemies a lot. Not to mention presentation at least on a surface level is pretty much matching to each other.

Yeah but for MH, there's the whole armor and weapon creation aspect. There are also more weapon styles and the game's more suited for co -op.

Dark Souls is more like one of those "Hard" games that people like to speed run and stuff. There are bosses and health bars. They have a magic class in some games (I think).

I can see the similarity but nowhere near enough for either one of them to be rip offs.

Speaking as someone who no-lifes Soulsborne games, as in, it is my crack that I cannot let go, Dark Souls is nothing like Monster Hunter except that they are both Action RPGs.

Also yes, Dark Souls has magic which, depending on the game, is either overpowered (Dark Souls 1) or complete garbage (Dark Souls 3).

Also co-op is on Dark Souls. Actually super fun. There's a thing called Fight Club where the community puts down summon signs in one area and gets summoned to just fight each other until they die. Super fun, really good for farming souls to level up.

Get mata into Dark Souls and the Messing with armor is a thing. The same can be said to speed run and Monster Hunter. Not to mention, have you ever seen first MH? Their AI and fairness is bullshit and in later games...... Bullfangos...... It's as infuriating as Dark Souls game.

Not like I agree with them, I don't like the comparison in fact but I see where it going. I don't like it though.

Being hard doesn't make a game like Dark Souls.

AccurateDarkSoulsChart

MH is in Thematic Neutral/Gameplay Purist part. Close but not close enough. I dunno, sometimes I feel the same rage or that feeling when you beat the boss in early Monster Hunter game. Eh, they're different though.

Monster Hunter gameplay is almost nothing like Dark Souls. We'll say Gameplay Neutral, Thematic Neutral- it bears little resemblance to the themes of Dark Souls, only sharing that they have somewhat Souls-like weapons such as swords, even though the weaponry of the game more fits in guns and such.

"I T U S E S D E A T H, I T I S J U S T L I K E D A R K S O U L S!!!!!!"

Back