• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey D. Luffy vs Gon Freecss

Honestly, i think both have about the same in both so that's null IMO.

I will Gon FRA cause due to his lower stamina it will not take him long to use his wincon (a well placed hit with Scissors),
The fact that inferior stamina is actually a valid wincon is funny to me
which at the same time means Luffy will not have the time to adapt to Gon's speed he would need.
It takes Luffy like 2 minutes to adapt to superior speed, while Gon doesn't seem capable of shutting down the fight that fast
If he goes for a bazooka, Gon scissors his arm off.

If he grabs him, same thing.
Nah, if Luffy grabs him, he won't be able to move his arms at all.

Luffy can't see nen, so he can't react to something that he doesn't even know exists.
And there's no guarantee Gon dismembers Luffy in a single shot. Kuro was seen slicing rock and couldn't cut Luffy's arms off even when blitzing Luffy on several occasions. If scissors doesn't work on Luffy the first time to THAT degree, then he'd already become familiar with Gon's s Jajanken Scissors hand and be careful of it. Nothing's stopping Luffy from forcibly stopping Gon from using his Jajanken altogether at that point via restraining.

Looks like this match might end up being inconclusive, though I don’t know the rules of when to start grace for any inconclusive match. Do I wait until the vote count reaches 7?

I'm keeping my Luffy vote. Unless Gon "cutting his arms off" is a for sure thing (which it ain't), then Luffy will actively change his combat style to one that doesn't let Gon use his arms at all.
All it takes then is a few close range gum gum attacks like Spear, Kane or just flat out BFR to take the win. And gon relying on headbutts and kicks to free himself at that point shouldn't even bother Luffy.

And there's no guarantee Gon dismembers Luffy in a single shot. Kuro was seen slicing rock and couldn't cut Luffy's arms off even when blitzing Luffy on several occasions. If scissors doesn't work on Luffy the first time to THAT degree, then he'd already become familiar with Gon's s Jajanken Scissors hand and be careful of it. Nothing's stopping Luffy from forcibly stopping Gon from using his Jajanken altogether at that point via restraining.
What does Kuro have to do with Gon? Just because Kuro couldn't cut him, does not mean anybody else can't.

What does Kuro have to do with Gon? Just because Kuro couldn't cut him, does not mean anybody else can't.
Because we know HOW WELL Kuro can cut? It's not like his slashes are like paper cuts. He can cut stone apart without even trying and still couldn't fully overcome Luffy's durability to the point of taking his arms.

Not necessarily

Wrong timestamp. He been in that stance since 57 seconds. He does have a charging time

Wrong timestamp. He been in that stance since 57 seconds. He does have a charging time
???? He's literally not charging anything for most of the video. He's literally standing there, waiting for the enemy to move, and THATS when he charges it

We can hear him breathing hard
That doesn't mean anything. We can visibly see him charging his nen as soon as the enemy jumps at him. It's literally right there. He's just in a stance, waiting for his enemy to jump at him to trick him so that he can use scissors

Now that things have gotten so far, I’ll cast my vote for Gon. While I do believe it would be an incredibly difficult and close match since both fighters possess great ingenuity and tactics, I believe that Gon’s greater speed could give Luffy a challenge, which coupled with his Ko and Ryu-enhanced attacks would cause damage to pile up. Furthermore, as mentioned several times Gon can easily bisect Luffy with his Scissors, and given how it bisected the chimera ant, I see no reason why it couldn’t do the same to Luffy. A 347 ton attack with cutting power against 81 ton durability? Sounds pretty clear cut to me.

???? He's literally not charging anything for most of the video. He's literally standing there, waiting for the enemy to move, and THATS when he charges it
Oh, the charge up is only when the aura starts then?
Well either way. Again- Gon has less means of beating Luffy than Luffy does him. If Scissors doesn't do as well as it should and just CUTS Luffy, then it isn't touching him again afterwards.
Also whenever I say "restrain" or "grapple" your brain goes to Luffy STRETCHING his arms out recklessly when he's never done that in fights like that??? Against Kuro Luffy literally clung to him and headbutted him to a KO. Gon gets legitemately negged if he's grabbed.

Scissors is STILL on Gon's arm. Luffy dodging his swing, not the blade is not as crazy as you might thing it is.

Voting Luffy because outside of everything he already has going for him, there's one key thing that's ending this fight:
A single gum gum bazooka.
Gon gets BFR'D to another continent. Or Luffy does him like he did Momoo, GRAB him when Gon attacks and realizes his blunt force ain't jack, and Gon's basically stuck because of the astronomical LS difference. Luffy spins and yeets him to another crossover.
How tf did no one remember BFR is pre-ts Luffy's go-to? He did it against the cow in arlong park, against Buggy, against Wapol-
Grabbing might be a valid BFR.
Bazooka's aren't.
Gon uses 30% aura on his front side, and 70% on his feet and eats it for breakfast, much like Blueno did. The difference being that Gon's not gonna fall

Gon has dealt with impacts much stronger than his own durability like Razor's dodgeball attacks and stayed in the arena without much trouble by focusing Nen on his feet. He also has some answers for BFR. (Plus, Jajanken can send people to other countries)

I will look for the scans to support Gon's negating impact with his feet being enhanced.

As for grabbing, Luffy doesn't do grabbings BFR in a 1-on-1 with an opponent of the same size in character.

Well either way. Again- Gon has less means of beating Luffy than Luffy does him. If Scissors doesn't do as well as it should and just CUTS Luffy, then it isn't touching him again afterwards.
Scissors is nearly 5x stronger than Luffy's durability. It will cut whatever Gon targets clean off.
Also whenever I say "restrain" or "grapple" your brain goes to Luffy STRETCHING his arms out recklessly when he's never done that in fights like that??? Against Kuro Luffy literally clung to him and headbutted him to a KO. Gon gets legitemately negged if he's grabbed.
You do know Gon can still use his offensive Ren when he's out of options, right?
Scissors is STILL on Gon's arm. Luffy dodging his swing, not the blade is not as crazy as you might thing it is.
It is. Gon can tail him, and swing faster than he can move his body out of the way.

It takes Luffy like 2 minutes to adapt to superior speed, while Gon doesn't seem capable of shutting down the fight that fast
As other's said above, Scissors scales to Paper which is 1/4 of Rock which is in the kilotons (i think i got it right) and that's 380 tons or whatever being applied into a sword (which can cut even if they have lower ap, with a gap of this size Gon would have no trouble cutting Luffy's head off)

Mhm
If Luffy tries reaching for him by stretching (whether to grab or bazooka, or what have you), Gon can dodge, and the scissors will slice through his arms. Gon isn't going to make small cuts and baby cuts it's literally a straight swipe. If Kuro couldn't cut through Luffy, that's Kuro's problem NOT Gon's.
Also whenever I say "restrain" or "grapple" your brain goes to Luffy STRETCHING his arms out recklessly when he's never done that in fights like that???
I literally NEVER said nor implied that. All I said, which is something reasonable, is that if Luffy tried to bazooka him (like you said), Gon has a counter. Stop putting words in my mouth. (Mind you Luffy grabbed Kuro rather recklessly anyway but that's not my point)
Gon gets legitemately negged if he's grabbed.
Which will not be easy given Gon has the speed advantage, RPL, and Zetsu which allows him to enhance his senses and react to moves that he cannot already react to. Gon already has the speed advantage, so activating Zetsu will make it EXTREMELY hard for Luffy to actually grab him.

As other's said above, Scissors scales to Paper which is 1/4 of Rock which is in the kilotons (i think i got it right) and that's 380 tons or whatever being applied into a sword (which can cut even if they have lower ap, with a gap of this size Gon would have no trouble cutting Luffy's head off)
but in terms of LS?

The fact that inferior stamina is actually a valid wincon is funny to me

It takes Luffy like 2 minutes to adapt to superior speed, while Gon doesn't seem capable of shutting down the fight that fast.
Gon's also has RPL for speed, so the timeframe would be higher.
Nah, if Luffy grabs him, he won't be able to move his arms at all.
Unless Luffy grabs Gon's whole body, what's stopping Gon from throwing a 420-ton Ko attack with whatever limb he has available? We're not saying Luffy's resistance is enough to no-sell an attack with explosive force that's 5x stronger than him, right?

Gon's also has RPL for speed, so the timeframe would be higher.
Luffy does as well, so it's not that bad either, and it's not that slow
Unless Luffy grabs Gon's whole body, what's stopping Gon from throwing a 420-ton Ko attack with whatever limb he has available? We're not saying Luffy's resistance is enough to no-sell an attack with explosive force that's 5x stronger than him, right?
Luffy being surprised Rayleigh can hurt him, stating "it hurts, even though I'm rubber!".

Sengoku and Kizaru hurting Luffy​

They're both Haki users.
Sengoku scales to Garp who uses Haki to hurt Luffy. Kizaru scales to Rayleigh who uses Haki to hurt Luffy.
Luffy's resistance scales to the god tiers of the verse who are 6-B

Scissors and Paper would be better. Rock, no.

Ehhhh, it would send luffy flying that's true but do any lasting damage? Far from it.

Also Gon FRA, most of the OP arguments are forgetting the fact Gon doesnt just stand there

It's not sending Luffy flying either, it'd send his limb flying, then the limb would come back flying towards Gon with equal force.

Luffy does as well, so it's not that bad either, and it's not that slow.
Yeah, just saying it's not gonna be exaaactly that fast.

btw, we might settle on inconclusive, I see arguments for both sides.

Luffy's resistance scales to the god tiers of the verse who are 6-B

Scissors and Paper would be better. Rock, no.
Whoa, whoa, why isn't this listed on the profile.
"Durability: At least 6-B with Rubber Physiology" should work, no?

Also, also, I don't particularly agree that Luffy being surprised is a factor to scale.

Regardless, the vote count is 8 to 5 with 1 inconclusive, and a difference of 3 is all that’s needed to win, correct?

Bazooka's aren't.
It BFR'd Wapol, did it not? Or am I remembering that wrong-
As for grabbing, Luffy doesn't do grabbings BFR in a 1-on-1 with an opponent of the same size in character.
Most of Luffy's opponent's were comparable in terms of LS. Those who weren't got sent flying.
You do know Gon can still use his offensive Ren when he's out of options, right?
Can that help bypass Luffy's physiology?
It is. Gon can tail him, and swing faster than he can move his body out of the way.
Both characters can react to FTE speeds and are analytical geniuses. Luffy isn't going to be oblivious to the fact that Gon can chase (especially when the attack doesn't give openings because it's only arm length). Luffy dodges he'd be doing what he did vs Croc's hook and stomping on Gon's arm to stop his swing from changing direction.
(Mind you Luffy grabbed Kuro rather recklessly anyway but that's not my point)
The panels literally show Luffy targetting his arms. If he restrains Gon that way then bye bye Jajanken.
Luffy grabs Gon's whole body
Which he can. If he becomes aware of the fact that Gon can cut him, he has no reason not to restrain Gon's arms. Luffy's been shown doing that vs Kuro, twice, and when he uses that one marine like a puppet by restraining his arms and legs.

Grace can now begin, since it’s 9 votes to 5.
When tf did this get nine??
Yeah, just saying it's not gonna be exaaactly that fast.

btw, we might settle on inconclusive, I see arguments for both sides.
Yee
Whoa, whoa, why isn't this listed on the profile.
"Durability: At least 6-B with Rubber Physiology" should work, no?
Not too relevant as the mechanic isn't really something that is like a specific durability rating, as it's not durability based, just weird physiology based
Also, also, I don't particularly agree that Luffy being surprised is a factor to scale.
Meh, it's support for the rating

Back