• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monica Pinkston vs Tart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change my vote to Tart

I don't see how Monica can overcome the fate manip, even though that should make this a haxstomp

Type 3 goes from a km of height to several thousands. Tart can BFR the former but not the latter

Kaltias said:
And?
That applies only if Monica resisted magic that does that kind of stuff.
This page has a number of magical weapons used to no effect on Monica.

So, to list:

• Dura-Negging Fire Magic
  • Spiritual/Spectral Magic
  • Various forms of Powernull Magic
  • BFR/Portal Magic
  • Spatial Distortion Magic
Wait, no. Monica resists BFR. How is Tart winning?

"Tart's BFR is literally a portal that grabs people btw. And it sends you to a 2-A plane of existence"

So, votes should be invalidated, I guess.

Disregard that.

I'm voting Monica, so there is a grace for me to actually debate this.

Here's the quote on Monica's size, Kal:

"It glinted in the light of the faraway Sun. Spires of dull towering metal drifted in the cosmic wind, each with a glowing orange core, each the size of a small city. The constructs contained enough power to vaporize star systems. With one thought, the entity at the center of this grand iron cathedral"

The Thanopenetrating Aperture Mortar or the Geometric Destabilization Artillery are the BFR right? (If its the former, you guys sure its just not that she can destroy/escape the limbs?)

Anyways, this reminds me that the Mami vs Monica thread should get removed. Apparently the reasoning was "Monica always starts with spamming teleporting cruise missiles with Instantaneous attack speed." until it got debunked in the Homura vs Monica thread.

Monica doesn't have instantaneous attack speed?

He can spawn bombs wherever she pleases (within a range), but she has to actually think about it first.

She claimed that "nothing the Foundation used had affected her". So it was actually used successfully on her, to no effect.

Tart's fate manip works only on herself. Basically she cannot avoid the fate of becoming a "true hero", and thus will evolve to quite literally counter her enemy in the best way possible. Obviously this is very NLF-able, but the current example we do have is Tart getting the infinite stat boost everywhere (Actually the reason she is High 3-A too). So I prefer that we don't debate the fate manip if her other abilities may work.

Ah, gotcha. I was worried the fatehax applied to other people.

Also want to clarify that Monica never resisted the Voidslinger (although she never got hit by the guy); she just powernulled him.

So, if BFR won't work, what does Tart have?

@Dargoo that's why I said we should remove it. Just look at the Homura vs Monica thread, where some of the voters for Monica did actually mention they thought it was, based on the description of the Monica vs Mami thread.

Hmm I see, again though, it could still be considered to be unaffective without actually getting into the portal if she is superior to the limbs. Though this can be easily disproven if the limbs have feats of stronger characters.

EDIT: She has her Magic negation / Power Null I guess. She also has her Darkness Manip which can restrain her. If Tart despairs enough, she can start affecting the world throughout time, so if there was a point where Monica wasn't as op, it could prove dangerous (unless monica is acasual or something)

I agree it should be removed. Honestly I'm guilty myself for claiming Monica would in-character spawn bombs like that, even though she typically attacks by transmuting herself into weapons. The Showstopper is the only example of "spawn above the enemy", and it's at an orbital distance.

The quote she gave for resisting the BFR is rather vague, yes. However small parts of Monica are several km in size, with her whole size being in the hundreds of km (A small part, of a small part, of what is a disparate network that makes up her body was the size of a town) How large are the portals?

Well it BFR'd the main antagonist of Tart Magica, who was significantly larger than a castle, though I doubt it would be anywhere near hundreds of kilometers.

Oh, then BFR likely wouldn't work.

She could BFR parts of Monica, but regen would cover that.

I also question the legitimacy of Cinder vs Monica TBH

Like, Monica has one weapon that can hurt Cinder and it has an extremely slow rate of fire.

Gargoyle One said:
I also question the legitimacy of Cinder vs Monica TBH
Like, Monica has one weapon that can hurt Cinder and it has an extremely slow rate of fire.
Cinder couldn't harm Monica with the vast majority of her attacks, also, regen.

Monica's resisted dura negging elemental magic.

That's an inconclusive, not a win for Monica.

Monica has exactly one weapon that will hurt Cinder, and said weapon can only be used once after a long period of time and said shot won't kill Cinder

Gargoyle One said:
That's an inconclusive, not a win for Monica.
Monica has exactly one weapon that will hurt Cinder, and said weapon can only be used once after a long period of time and said shot won't kill Cinder
She was also able to spam 50kT attacks that aren't outside of the traditional stomp range for Cinder's Dura.

She won for good reason.

You can take it to the removal request thread if it peeves you that much, although please take this to my message wall as I'll likely debate that too.

So now that BFR isn't applicable (which should invalidate previous votes), what does Tart have to win?

That's only in regards to herself, though, and from what I heard it just translates to a power boost that put her at 3-A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back