• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zanza
"Using one's power to change the world. That is a right possessed only by gods."

Inferno nightmare
"My sins...can only be cleansed with blood!"

Rules: Both Combatants at 5-B
Speed is Equalized

SBA Apply; Who Wins?

Zanza
:

Nightmare:

Inconclusive:

Stomp:

Oh damn. I'd assume Soul Edge is? It's a sword that has a mind of its own and just lives to consume souls. So can someone give a summary of what Zanza is like? I've not followed Xenoblade matches sadly.

Anyhow Nightmare in this key opens up with BFR into Astral Chaos which gradually and instantly corrupts you mind, body and soul.

Well this Zanza in particular is the Bionis (giant zen-aku titan) and not his soul (the form we mostly see him in) because that is tier 2.

Zanza as the Bionis has passive Life-Force Absorption which killed an entire expedition squad in an instant. All of the Bionis's strikes include it's Monado which has built in Deconstruction and Matter Manipulation.

Well it can work but not only is Soul Edge/Nightmare attacking a haxed tier 2 character but it also takes time while Zanza's Life nomming is passive and instant.

JoshSSJGod said:
but it also takes time while Zanza's Life nomming is passive and instant.
Should probably say Astral Chaos works instantly as well as gradual.

Well if both have passives that kill the other then its an Incon like Golden King vs Nihilus isn't it?

Zanza doesn't have precog in this tier. Nor does he have an answer to getting his soul ripped by Nightmare.

Okay I looked at the Kirito match, apparently Astral Chaos is thought based. That and if he's dealing with a smurf that's tier 2 with passives then Nightmare can't really do anything, I'm kinda tempted to call stomp here.

Should probably say Astral Chaos works instantly as well as gradual.

Well if both have passives that kill the other then its an Incon like Golden King vs Nihilus isn't it?

Also how often is it used instantly?

No the fact that the scenery changes as soon as the light clears, that's Sieg in Astral Chaos Night Terror just shoots a laser as a normal attack at him. So if you don't resist you suffer its affects as soon as the fight starts.

Question, doesn't that only work on organic life forms? If so, that won't help as Soul Edge/Night Terror are not legitimately organic.

There's also the fact that Zanza's only done life nomming when he was in critical condition and needed to recover, if he started off life nomming right off the bat as the Bionis he had an entire species crawling on his body for him to feast on.

@Glassman

I stated it above but I'll say it again. Zanza did it to Shulk and everyone else on the expedition. Ask Bware for more information, he is the one that got it accepted.

Critical condition isn't a very appropriate term as he was wounded but Zanza himself stated that he was resting with Meyneth stating that he grew tired from their battle. The wound on the Bionis meant nothing in the long terms as it acts completely fine with the same injury (and number of other ones) when Zanza wills it.

Zanza also relied on these people as if they forgot about him, he would cease to be so eating all of them instantly is not a good idea.

@Stillwinston

That light isn't instant so wouldn't Souledge and Nightmare be nomed by the time the light clears?

@Dragon

Which the Life nomming or the Deconstruction? Life nomming was never stated to only work on organic life. Closest thing to it is Zanza calling the beings on Bionis his food.

@Josh that's not when he was in 100% condition. He only did that when he needed to recover, not when he just needed to take someone out normally.

Added a response onto my previous statement.

As for Dickson's statement. Remember Zanza's soul needs a host or else he'll die (which is why Meyneth's Monado was very helpful) so it was likely for that since the Monado itself isn't a suitable host (not even the Bionis is a perfect host as seen by the need of Arglas) he needed it to exist long enough to possess Shulk.

I apologize, I had the keys mixed up thinking that Zanza with his and Meyenth's Monado's is what was Tier 2, and the seperate Tier 2 key was for The Archietct. In which case I could change the matchup or close all together depending on what's preferred, since Nightmare probably stomps here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back