• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moira (Overwatch) vs Edward Elric

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know much about Moira, but from what I read, it seems like Ed will win. Moira doesn't seem like much of a physical fighter, relying on range like most of the Overwatch combatants. Since Ed can dodge bullets, he could possibly dodge the beams and get in close enough to slice her up. In addition, no Overwatch fighters use the environment in combat like Ed does (Mei is the closest to an Alchemist with her ice wall). So far, Ed appears to be the winner. I just have two questions:

1. Have Moira's beams' speed been calculated. If so, how fast are they?

2. Has Moira had any canon fights against Overwatch characters? If so, who was it and how well did she do?

Moira's attacks should very well bypass durability, as her Biotic Grasp does damage by siphoning life rather than outward harm.

This has shown to be more potent in cutscenes than it has been demonstrated in gameplay, taking less than a second to kill Talon soldiers with similar HP values to that of her own, which in game takes 4 seconds to do.

Moira is very capable of escaping sightlines with Fade, and her Orbs have the same effect as her grasp does, meaning that she simply has to let it richochet near Elric and it should kill him.

Since speed is equalized, bullet dodging isn't going to be a factor, and her reactions and combat speed are much higher than his without equalization. (HS+ vs. HHS+)

Moira herself should be very skilled, as she was a key role in the original Blackwatch strike team, which consisted of Reaper, McCree, Genji, and herself.

Moira should win here.

Moira's beams are homing, she just has to point in her opponent's general direction and the beam will target them

Speed is equalized so the speed of moira's beams dont matter

Against no but during her time in Talon she worked alongside Reaper (Overwatch), Genji (Overwatch), and McCree in covert missions for Talon

Unless Moira's beams can pass through solid earth, Ed can block them pretty easily. In addition, he was quick enough to keep up with and block Pride's Shadow attacks, so he should be able to block her beams with his arm. On top of that, Edward copied Scar's destruction technique. All he has to do is hit her once with that and the atomic bonds in whatever area of her body he hits are broken, rendering her organs destroyed.

Blocking her beams with his arm gets his life force absorbed as it works on cyborgs and robots, and if he tries to make a wall she can use her Biotic Orb to get around it or just use Fade to teleport around it. Fade also helps uf Ed tries to get too close.

Moira seems more of a range fighter, so if Edward can close the gap he wins by slicing or deconstructing her. The problem is coming this close.

Coalescence: "Moira channels a long-range beam that heals allies, damages enemies, and bypasses barriers." (9 m/s, range 30 m). And there is also her biotic orb, which could cause some problems for him.

But Ed is also capable of fighting at range: he can create cannons, create hands and use the ground (creating spikes, ...) for his alchemy.

If Ed fights offensive he might win this, forcing Moira to go into defense and closing the gap. I am just not sure if he could survive Moiras coalescense.

Voting Edward, but it could be a close match.

Meosos said:
Moira seems more of a range fighter, so if Edward can close the gap he wins by slicing or deconstructing her. The problem is coming this close.
Coalescence: "Moira channels a long-range beam that heals allies, damages enemies, and bypasses barriers." (9 m/s, range 30 m). And there is also her biotic orb, which could cause some problems for him.

But Ed is also capable of fighting at range: he can create cannons, create hands and use the ground (creating spikes, ...) for his alchemy.

If Ed fights offensive he might win this, forcing Moira to go into defense and closing the gap. I am just not sure if he could survive Moiras coalescense.

Voting Edward, but it could be a close match.
The offensive is the worst decision for Elric, both Moira and her Orb are capable of siphoning out his life force in less than a second, and with Fade as a quick escape, he's not going to narrow the distance without one of those two things killing him.

Moira is entirely capable of playing the range game and does so in character almost exclusively

Based on the profile, Moira doesn't seem to have much combat experience, while Ed has been fighting a large variety of foes for several years by the end of the manga. He can use that if need be. But before I go on, I have two questions:

1. Can her beams bypass Mei's ice wall?

2. Can her Orb be destroyed?

Yeah Moira, mainly for her healing, but she can legit home in on Elric with her annoying bouncy balls

Question is, does Ed have a Philosophers Stone and can he copy Roy Mustangs Teqnique (Roy is another Character from FMA, the two fought side by side a couple of times).That power would allow him to cause massive explosions, which would be a huge gamechanger.

If he could, then he wouldn't do it, remember, they are in character, as well as, Moira is very clever, she would just kill from afar, and if worst comes to worst, she'd vapourize him with her Ultimate Ability and would be able to heal herself with her primary attack and her Orbs.

Gonna give this to Moira FRA, Edward is more experienced and skilled but Moira is still smart enough to play to her strenghts.

Udlmaster said:
Well, not physical destruction.
Well considering how Defense Matrix works, it would indicate that they can be physically destroyed.

Anyway, I really want to give a vote to Moira as she's one of my favorite OW charactes, but I never got around to watching FMA (I know, I live under a rock), so I don't think it would be fair to vote lol

I don't think Moira's stuff is exactly dodgable, though working on Bastion is more likely than not a game mechanic. Still, gonna go with her FRA.

Orisa's probably also a game mechanic, DVA and Hammond are able to be targeted, and a cyborg's still partly biological and as such is drainable. If there's no story feats of that, considering the noncanon nature of the game, I don't think we can assume that's a thing.

That's fair then, though mind providing the clip?

Either way, the balls should be able to get around him throwing up walls.

Weekly can you provide examples from non gameplay I know nobody's immune to it in the game but that's not what's relevant

@Wok the only stuff that is non-gameplay is it working on cyborgs

Also why would we consider them immune?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back