• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moderate Sized Dead Rising CRT

Jackythejack

They/Them
Or as I like to call it "Frank Rising 2 electric boogaloo" So, I really like Dead Rising, and I noticed that some of the abilities Frank should have aren't there, and I'm gonna be here to try and fix this awful offense while also tuning up the verse a bit. Let's begin.

Now, my first topic was going to be the zombie form that Frank gets in the DR4 DLC Frank Rising, but right now I don't have the DLC and I haven't played a lick of it, nor have I actually finished DR4, but I definitely will when the time comes. After I played it, I'll make a thread asking for him to have his zombie key. For now, let's get to the real topic: Capcom Heroes

Capcom Heroes is another DLC in DR4 which lets you dress up as various Capcom characters, and I'm pretty sure it should be alright for Frank to add these to his general roster of items and stuff. Right now, I don't think that these costumes give him too many abilities, but he still does get new abilities from these costumes, though whether or not they should be added is up for debate.

Either way the costumes from the Capcom Heroes update should likely be added or at least given as optional equipment, where Frank would gain the following abilities:

(Disclaimer: All of the abilities and evidence for those abilities are derived from the link video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLMSyJ1Qt4I)

Chi Manipulation: Due to Ryu's outfit, which lets him fire out a Hadouken.

Restricted Flight: Because Ryu has this on his profile due to Tatsumaki, or whatever his flying spin kick is called, and Frank can do the same.

Possibly Transformation: Sissel's costume seems to let him turn into a washing machine among other items to attack people. This would also give him possible Summoning or Weapon Creation given he can spawn items out of nowhere

Mecha Zangief likely just gives him a bit higher durability but I'm mentioning it because something might come of it but I personally doubting it. Just adding it here to make double sure.

M. Bison's costume gives him very clear Teleportation as well as moves such as Bison's psycho crusher.

Akuma's outfit lets him use the Raging Demon, but it hasn't been shown to actually manipulate souls or be able to destroy them to my knowledge, though perhaps I need to examine it a little more.

Viewtiful Joe could possibly give Frank Time Manipulation as I was told he does slow down his enemies around him. At the very least that's Statistics Reduction

The others below are just powers that I think he might be able to have. There's not many there but I feel like something could come out of it:

Plasma Manipulation: Given to him by the frequency gun, or the big frequency gun (BFG). This thing does use plasma as ammunition and when fired at something that's not the undead it causes vomiting.

Water Manipulation: This is mostly just given via the water gun. I don't think it'd actually be combat applicable, because...water gun, but you know it could be useful to at the very least have on his profile to catalogue, and besides it does stagger those on his tier.

Energy Projection: This is just given to him via his laser eyes and laser gun as well as possibly the Ion cannon.

Regenerationn: Frank West gets passive Regenerationn after leveling up enough in DR4, I'd say it's likely mid-low like the standard regen normally is. He can heal up from getting bloody and bitten. I know his profile already has Regenerationn but this should also be on it to note that his regen is passive.

Frank's camera also gives him night vision in Dead Rising 4. I don't know if this would be in enhanced senses or otherwise, but it'd still be good to add onto the profile anyways.

Frank could possibly be given limited light manipulation as his camera should be powerful enough to blind most humans, and to be fair I've taken this from the death battle regarding him, but it seems accurate. I'm not sure if that's exactly light manipulation, or if it qualifies as something else or nothing at all, but it'd also be a good thing to add to the profile. Besides I believe one of his costumes in capcom heroes (old Frank) does this as well.

It should also be noted that he has enhanced speed with the Protoman costume, though this probably doesn't need to be mentioned too much. It's just increases his speed to likely super human. It's like a times three boost from what I remember. This may just be negligible though.

Now, those are most of the problems I've had with Frank's profile. I'm sure I can find something else, but that's it for now. I want to move onto resident zombie killer Nick Ramos.

Nick Ramos:

Should be given different kinds of manipulation, including Fire, Explosio, Technological, Electricity, Acid Manipulation (Pukes o' Hazard gives him this), and Energy Manipulation. He should also be given Preparation because of the same reasons as Frank and Chuck. Same goes for Healing. There could possibly be more but I haven't seen much of Dead Rising 3

His Stamina should also be Very High for the same reasons as Frank's an Chuck's, as I'm assuming Nick doesn't sleep for most of the game. Could be wrong, though. I haven't seen a playthrough for it. He should also be given Genius intelligence because he can make a robotic dog with a keg and a computer screen if I remember correctly. He makes insane combo weapons similar to Frank and Chuck.

Summary:

Frank West should possibly be given limited light manipulation, and all the powers given by his Capcom heroes outfits should be added, as well as Plasma and Water Manipulation, Statistics Amplification, Energy Projection and passive regen

Nick should be given Fire, Ice, Explosion, Electricity, Technological, and Energy Manipulation for the same reasons as the other two, as well as Preparation and Healing. As well as Genius intellect and High stamina.

I think that the capcom heros is non canon. Let ever since Dead rising 3, they have said those kind of things to not be actually canon. I know there was statements and written stuff saying stuff like that wasn't canon. (I'm not entirely certain. This is just what I remember reading). Limited Light manipulation is a yes for me. Via the camera. That's a fair point

Nicks makes sense. He does need an update (just being the boring one of the franchise. Nobody ever bothered too).

Also yea. Water manipulation is a yes for me. It's on chucks page too for the same reason.

And yes on Regen. You are correct. Mid Low seems fair

I mean we already have OTR stuff still. I think Frank is just a weird amalgamate of all his appearances. I don't see why we couldn't at least add it as something optional.

Actually. OTR weapons isn't on his page. That game is completely non canon. Not sure why the pic is still on there. But the weapons aren't. The wiki is very tight about canon and non canon.

still can't get them to use a PVL game

However I don't see a problem with adding OTR weapons especially considering that adds a lot more abilities to his arsenal that aren't available otherwise (I don't actually think every combo weapon is available in Case West? The wiki doesn't say so). Besides we have other things where the canon is particularly iffy, I think TF2 profiles can be considered this. I believe we use comics for supporting feats or something and they're not exactly canon to my knowledge.

Though with Capcom heroes in particular, my main point is that they're not actually problematic or don't interrupt with canon in anyway unlike, admittedly, what DR2 OTR kinda does super hard. They're just bonus powers for Frank.

Also, what's PVL?

Because it is even said to be non canon. That would be like giving him stuff from Marvel vs Capcom infinite. It's clearly a Universe, canon, and frank. And Case west doesn't give him all of them. It gives him actually very few. (Which makes sense, cause it was in a science lab)

Capcom heros I'll look into if there's actual statements and stuff. Cause I recall seeing them. At best we ATM could put maybe like a "Possibly" these powers

And Phoenix vs Layton. A crossover game which has been put on their timelines. (But since they haven't said any reference to it in other games. The wiki won't take it.)

I mean I understand that the validity of the costumes would be under question. The most I saw was a blog saying it's non-canon but it wasn't from the developers so I doubt that's trust worthy.

Honestly I'd take a possibly, even, over just disregarding them entirely.

also while researching I realized Capcom Vancouver shut down while they were making DR 5 and I'm sad

I mean yeah, obviously. But I mean personally I feel like if push comes to shove we could at least add it as a separate key or something considering they limit weapon use.

Then again Frank would then have four keys as I plan on adding his zombie form at some point.

Zombie isn't used mostly cause it was cured. Which makes sense.

A separate key does sound a lot more doable. I can definitely settle on us doing that.

I mean even then Frank has a zombie form. Just because it got cured doesn't mean it isn't usable.

Kinda does. He can't use t anymore. And he isn't even infected, so not like him dying would result in the same thing.

That's like giving Deathstroke the speed force cause hehad it at one point but lost it later

Yeah but with frank we have more to work with. It's got actual abilities and you play as him for a good chunk of time. I'd say there's more for a tier than Deathstroke, out of all his years in comic books, having something once.

That doesn't matter. Frank had it once only and he lost it. He can't have it on his page. It doesn't matter that we get to play as him for an add one. It's still not something you can use. It's very unfair.

And add on that is canon, though. We can't just ignore it we have to find a way to acknowledge it somehow. We have something like that with other characters (that admittedly for some is have to find but still).

the add on is canon. Yes. I get that. But you can't give Frank West a Form he literally can't access anymore. He uses it only once. And it he literally can not use this form at all anymore. He is cured

If we're going like that then we wouldn't be able to use any character after they have a big change or any of their limited alternate forms, which characters have a lot of.

I've talked about it with a few other people and they said as long as he's had it for a significant amount of time than it should be fine. A big part of gameplay is the zombie form. Him being cured means nothing if we can literally pluck a character from any point in their timeline (EoS compared to BoS)

At the very best you could put it in a separate key. But it can't be on his page normally as it isn't normal stuff. You have to use a specific timeline Frank.

That's...what I was referring to.

I was going to add it as a separate key. I thought we established that?

No no just put it as a separate key. It'd be stupid to have it normally and it adds nothing new.

Ahh. Ok. That's good then

Franks normal page can get limited light manipulation

A separate key for zombie and Capcom forms

And nick can get an update for the manipulation He has

Bump
Main points:

1. Frank West and other main cast are no longer 9-A

2. Characters with Exo Suit are 9-A

3. What OP says.

bump

Bump

if no objections I think we need to do the grade restoration and speed upgrade (if not done yet) first in 3 hrs

Okay so I did get Wok's word that the costumes should be fine btw. Spoke to me over discord about it and I could probably get the picture too. At that point we only gotta talk about the additional abilities which...shouldn't be that bad. They're reasonable I'd say.

I would prefer if you showed the pic. Cause we would get issues likely without it. If ya don't mind posting a pic of it here.

Then it should be good. If Wok is fine with it. We can make a separate key for it.

Back