• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MLP stats and feats.

Hello. I want to discuss the accuracy of stats in mlp. You know, on this wiki people usually put stats basing on attack potency and durability. But on my opinion this has not so many sense when it comes down to mlp magic. Why? Because it's magic! Fine, there are my arguments: most of all I am confused in EoH and RP. The fact that those villians like NMM, Discord, Tirek were beaten by them isn't saying nothing to me, I don't see reason of putting them to the 7 tier or higher. Did they shown some destruction of that power? They've just beaten those guys up via some magical methods: turned Discord to a stone, drained Tirek powers, etc.

I want to create an analogy: we have a very big, tough evil city-block level guy and two humans with two hoses with liquid nitrogen, who stop that guy by freezing him out. Did that put those hoses to the same level as that villain? Or those humans? And for the next step we make them fight with each other, so they can keep up with attcks of their opponent. If their level is the same as that villain, that means their durability must be city-block level also. But that's nonsense. (I know that sounded stupid, but I hope you understand me)

P.S The analogy roles:

Evil guy - Discord

Hoses - EoH

Humans - Princesses.

P.P.S I will be glad to hear your responds why I'm not right. Also sorry for my English.

The analogy doesn't work, in this case. The hoses the humans used weren't part of them, nor was the liquid nitrogen created from their own power. If the alicorns beat a tier 7 character with magic, that magic was all created from their own power and put to use specifically by them.

Not to mention the verse has absolute, no-name, completely unimportant fodder who are tier 8-A, so tier 7 high tiers is faaaaar from an exaggeration.

Fine, I see. But still, why would a magic power, that can beat a 7-tier, must be 7-tier also. It's magic after all, it can use some tricks or spells, that work only with this type of bad guys, or just cause an effect that beats the bad guy. EoH and RP are not about destruction, I can't see them blowing up a huge battleship, for example, but maybe they can shut down the electricity on board, or cause some other effects, like malfunction of the ship systems. Don't you think so?

Also there are some weird things to me, like Relativistic reactions, and other stuff. I understand where are they from: they have been born from a suppose that their moon and sun are at the same distances as ours, but I noticed that not. First, when Twilight starts to cast her spell during the finale of 5 season to raise the sun, only few seconds pass before it starts to move. Even if magic can interact with objects on FTL speed, we would see the effect of Twiligt's efforts only in 8 minutes. That means sun is much closer, and maybe so does the moon. But there is a one way out: lightspeed in pony dimension is higher than in our. Also I rewatch Celestia x NMM battle and I don't think their rays are so fast, because they are like all other rays in mlp at speed. And if they were than mostly everypony must have Relativistic reactions.

I still have some questions, but I do not want to create too huge message.

That's why it's AP instead of AoE. It's based on what it can affect and hurt, not how much it can destroy. Otherwise there would be literally no way whatsoever to rate anything magical, which would be ridiculous.

The distance to the sun is likely the same, as a common trope in fiction is being able to see effects much, much sooner than one should be able to. Such as in Medaka Box, when Ajimu blows up a star, and the explosion is seen almost immediately, despite it realistically not showing up for years and years.

Now I get it. Yes, it seems logical to me. When we talk about magic it is not necessary for some ability to beat anything that stands on lower tiers, tier just shows it's maximum potential. Did i get it right?

Fine, now my last question. Do you remember the battle between Twilight and Tirek? For me it mostly fits their stats. And what's about Celestia vs NMM? One city-buster tries to destroy (I think so) other city-buster via attack that can destroy... a roof, a statue, a part of a bridge. My applauses. And Celestia, the other city-buster, gets shot down by one of these shots. Applauses intencifies. But still that can be understood by your explanation.

Well, thanks for your attention.

Yeah, a lot of the time, attacks can have far greater potency than they appear to due to how fiction works.

Anyway, it's not a problem.

Back