• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MLP S9 Ending of the End 3-A Statement (Minor Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a chance to watch the subbed version of episodes 25 and 26. I won't be going to do massive stuff like what happens , but will be discussing a statement made near the end of the show that may imply 3-Afor those who scale above or on par with Discord. So, Pinkie manages to get Discords power through unknown means. She literally says this:

"I feel as if I could turn the entire cosmos so that it could become one big party !". Firstly multiple people she isn't dumb whatsoever, just for the most part is not able to be understood by the cast. She actually has validity since she is a minute chaos magic user and knows far more about Discords powers than everyone else does since this is a running gag throughout the show. Plus no one corrects her either, including the likes of Twilight and Discord, who would know the limits of Discord powers.

Plus we've encountered someone capable of ending the universe before in Equestria Girls [but her feat is more tier 2 than 3 but that's beside the point] whose at least at the same level of Discord via statements about the Elements of EqG made in S1 , so it wasn't once in a lifetime moment either.

Plus we have multiple cases of him stated himself as capable of ripping the fabric of reality, which would be a very nice tie in to this statement in "To Where and Back".

I'm really here to determine the validity of the feat really, who it would truly scale to,

and maybe do a CRT if it's viewed as legit once the episode passes.

There's another feat where they bring up being able to manipulate all of reality with Discord's magic. Now normally this probably wouldn't be worth much, but when coupled with this other statement it maybe has some validity? If we take reality to refer to universe/cosmos (which Pinkie was absolutely referring to).

I think it could even be tier 2 since Discord brought up he can rend reality down to it's fabric.

Then we have Sci-Twi as Mdinight Sparkle performing a feat of literally slowly tearing down the universe. Remember based on scaling she at least in the same realm of power as Discord at the time via scaling to the Elements which Twilight thought of was at least as strong as Discord. If we combine all three of these it basically gives us a good idea of what to do.

Tearing it down to the fabric is most definitely tier 2. Where did that come from BTW ? I'll add all the occurences of this happening in the main post.

The princesses can definitely scale to this. Discord is above them, but the show has demonstrated repeatedly that it's not to an infinite or immeasurable degree. They'd be baseline though.

I believe it was from to where and back again. He says something about rending or ripping the fabric of reality. I brought it up one time but it got rejected as standard reality warping. But now thanks to this episode we have more proof he meant reality in the context of reality; like a universe. All of reality already implies this. Outright bringing up the cosmos (which is an other word for Unvierse) futher reinforces this. My hopes for acceptance are not high however. We'd need to structure our arguments carefully and clearly explain the context to get this accepted.

It's definitely possible to be fair , because personally I see them really as somewhat comparable to Discord I'm not ruling out the possibility of us getting Celestia to that level, but I'm unsure how do we explain that without it sounding a crazy outlier to most, which is why I played it safe and said only Discord + above scales to it.

That's fair because it does sound like reality warping without further confirmation they define reality as a universe. I would need help on something like that though when the time comes because this would be very difficult with a verse that prioritizes on sun feats.

It's relatively easy to dismiss thr outlier argument. Discord got overpowered by an artifact able to grant 3 people at least the might of the alicorns at it's full power. And he got overpowered by someone half as strong as 4 alicorn Twilight. They don't have any direct feats (unless you count the comic series), but they do have 2 instances of powerscaling. So while very much above them, he's obviously not immensely above them.

Well for Celestia and Luna the feat is effortless so it's not like it's their upper limit. They have an at least for a reason. and technically FTL movement generates infinite energy anyways.

True enough. The powerscaling is noable and the Elements are a good enough reason to use.

That is true. Their feats at least on that scale is very effortless, every time the sun is moved [sans Twilight] it was done effortlessly. Speaking of said sparkle & starswirl, we still have to figure out what to do with Starswirl if this is passed because I'm sure as heck they are going to say " boi Starswirl can barely move the sun without help ... What makes you think we can upscale him to tier 3 ? ".

Honestly, we can probably lay it out as PIS that he can't move the Sun. The fact that he can move it fast enough to generate High 4-C levels of energy alone (via moving it around the planet it a day) debunks the idea of him being unable to move the Sun by himself since he; by definition, is generating more energy than the Sun's GBE. It can't be anything more than PIS.

Starlight knocked back Chrysalis (who should at least be comparable to her love powered form), Twilight was blocking attacks from Cozy Glow (should be comparable to the other 2 villains). And Twilight herself was blocking blows from Sombra with difficulty.

Or it could be that Pinkie was exaggerating about being able to manipulate the cosmos.

It doesn't really have to be the characters in the narrative that would correct Pinkie Pie though, especially in a show like MLP. It could be that way because Pinkie is so obviolusly exaggerating (you literally see her going nuts) to the viewers that it is not necessary for the characters themselves to declare it to be an exaggeration. In other words, Pinkie's claim is not strong enough for an upgrade to Universe level, which is a big jump ngl. I would like to see some more solid confirmation and explanation about the top tiers being Universal (or even Tier 2).

We have one other statement that claims you can warp the entirety of reality with Discord's magic from the guy who actually owns it. Not just a generic "warp reality" statement but warp all of reality, which surprise surprise: Is exactly what Pinkie thinks she can do.

Also to give my 2 cents if anyone thinks this would be an outlier or break the setting. I should say keep in mind Discord though out most of the series has never gone all out, most(it not all) of his feats were casual af or while he was fooling around. And the only people who definitely scale above him (Elements of Harmony, Post Mane 6 Tirek Ect) don't really have any anti feats that contradict this (unless you try to use the damage from Twilight vs Tirek's fight but using that reasoning they wouldn't even be close to tier 4.)

So a full power Discord possibly being universal isn't to far fetched.

It would be very interesing. Should we get some feedback from moderators yet or wait for the episode to appear first ? And BTW, the universe was defined as Low 2-C at least using space-time numerously more times than just mere physical matter in both EqG and MLP.

I still think this needs to be more organized and some of the arguments much more explained in more detail before contacting any staff. These are massive upgrades and even then this'll probably get a "possibly" at the very most..

More details in comparing the all of reality statement to Pinkie controlling the cosmos. That's going to be the hard part. The backwards scaling to Discord is a bit easier. Point out that he's been beaten by people only a few times stronger than the princesses multiple times.

Basically a more organized version of everything we've brought up in the thread.

Honestly what you describe as the hard part... Isn't as hard as you make it out to be. Human Pinkie was the one going on about how both variations of equestria have their own space-times and each are 4-D structures. Human pinkie, with Sci-Twi and Human Twilight both onfirming it as fact. So I don't think I'll have a problem proving Pinkie knows about reality at least being of a space-time variety.

I know it sounds really out of place" ... But it was from the movie series Equestria Girls. I believe it was Rainbow Rocks when they were trying to figure out how the mirror works , but I'll get the scan later on in the hour or two.

If it was just an "I feel like" unproven statement, we obviously cannot use it. We should also preferably wait until the episodes are officially released.

Antvasima said:
If it was just an "I feel like" unproven statement, we obviously cannot use it. We should also preferably wait until the episodes are officially released.
Again, there is a statement where Discord claims his magic can warp all of reality which is very similar in context to "the entire cosmos" statement. And the MLPverse has used reality in the same context as universe before.

Well of course we're waiting. We're just discussing what this should be rated as when the episodes are officially released.

It still seems like very little evidence to base such a massive upgrade on.

Is it? There at least two statements implying universe based on their context. I'm not gonna deny that there's not a lot iof evidence, but the evidence isn't that small.

Most likely completely unproven hyperbole. My apologies,

I agree with Light here. While the apology is accepted, that logic is flawed. Whelp that means we downgrade people based on having statemants but no feats on that level ?Also we literally have more than 2, actually 3 if you count other sources.

Who the statement comes fron shows its' validity, the very user of the chaos magic who is the msot qualified to make the claim as he is the original wielder of chaos magic, never really exaggerated with his powers before. He also never called them omnipotent or something.

It is still a statement indicating a power level that is unfathomably higher than what has actually been demonstrated in the show. It would be very against our standards to accept it without any further evidence that it is true, so I am not going to accept it. You can ask other administrators and bureaucrats to weigh in though.

Nothing else has been demonstrated by the show. No upper limits for Discord have been set. Has he failed to perform a feat beyond 4-C?

As I mentioned, you are never going to get an agreement for such a massive upgrade from me based on such flimsy premises, but you should ask several other administrators and bureaucrats to comment here as well.

These are hardly flimsy premises and the only true issue is them not displaying anything like that beforehand and that these are statements (made by knowledgable people to be completely fair).

I'm not saying the evidence is good or anything, but calling it flimsy is a stretch.

Unproven "I feel like"-style claims or figurative statements that completely contradict the established scale of the series are considered flimsy by our standards, and I am still not going to agree about this, as it would seemingly make our profiles very unreliable.

I do not have the time and energy to extensively argue about this though, so again, please ask several other administrators and bureaucrats to comment here as well. Trying to convince me about accepting something that appears so unreliable is pointless, as I am very concerned about that our profile pages should be as accurate as possible.

As I have pointed out repeatedly: Discord's claim is not an "I feel like" claim. He straight up tells us just how powerful his chaos magic is. Meanwhile Pinkie Pie's "I feel like" claim is entirely backed ul by Discord's aforementioned statement. I've pointed this out twice before.

Fine, I'll look for people then.

In what episode did Discord claim that he could warp all of reality, and what did he say exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back