• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MLP ability additions

So new MLP episode came out "A Matter of Principles" and with it new powers from Starlight and Discord https://youtu.be/BkIUiz5ALkc

At 13:35 Starlight fires a giant magic blast at Discord that "banished him from school grounds forever" sounds like it would fall under BFR also makes a decent crater but bit feat

At 16:30 Discord comes back to the school as a ghost anyway cause his ghost form "can come and go just fine" I believe this would fall under Astral Projection

Pretty straight forward this time

I guess to not overload the wiki with technicolor horses, we can also discuss the potential tiering revisions too. A little while ago it was mostly agreed to downgrade MLP since the WWU calc was heavily flawed.

I did a calc recently that put their stats from 7-B to High 6-C with a 6-B super high end.

What's peoples thoughts on it?

Anywho. I'll watch through the episode later. Have a lot of stuff to do today and my nieces birthday is in a few hours. I don't think the first sounds like BFR but the second seems fine. I'll post again once I've seen it.

Also at around 18:38 Starlight gave Discord a body. And she did that by firing a spell at Discord's ghost so Starlight can also hit intangible beings apparently.

Peter1129 said:
Also at around 18:38 Starlight gave Discord a body. And she did that by firing a spell at Discord's ghost so Starlight can also hit intangible beings apparently.
Pretty sure that would be non corpireal if he needed a body.

And this imo is just more evidence of the PoS statement being legit. At least to some extent. Considering Discord needed a ghost body to get past his banishment, and the fact he couldn't resist in the first place.

ShakeResounding said:
@Light What was the statement about the PoS?
That Twilight was nearly as strong as Starswirl. Ultimately rejected on the grounds that Twilight had too many shownings of being portrayed as on par with her friends. Something along those lines.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Can discord still use his powers as a soul?
He was still using them, yes. Whether or not he could recreate his body or not is another story. But this should definitley be non-corporeal or something similar, since he can function just fine as a disembodied spirit.

That Twilight was nearly as strong as Starswirl. Ultimately rejected on the grounds that Twilight had too many shownings of being portrayed as on par with her friends. Something along those lines.

Twilight seems to be portrayed as comparable to her friends in most of the normal episode. But in Premieres and Finales she has normally been portrayed as comparable to the other princesses. I think Twilight should've been changed to something like 6-C to 4-C since her power seems to vary depending on the episode

Nah. She doesn't scale to Celestia on account of not having as powerful magic her her. She would scale to Starswirl who is low 4-C.

Funny thing is: The storm kings minions are the only time she is portrayed as given as hard a time as her friends as of now post alicorn. The only other one is the Bugbear giving her a hard time, which btfo after a single blast from Starlight in this very episode.

Yeah I know she doesn't actually scale to Celestia just saying that as an example. I do remember seeing some of the character profiles on the site such as Katsura being 7-C to 7-B. Twilight profile could also be something like that. Although I'm not sure if 6-C to Low 4-C Twilight will get accepted.

I am fine with if somebody wants to add BFR and astral projection.

I will unlock Discord's profile. Tell me here when you are done.

Well Darkanine earlier wanted to discuss potential tier changes here to but he hasn't been around in a bit so maybe we should keep it open for now til he gets back

She did not interact with it. She just restored him to normal.

I do not think so. I am not sure what to call it.

Back