• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mitsuru Kirijo vs Rama (an sexy icy executioner fight an young hot-headed ancient india heroes)

I mean that stabbing someone is hardly undodgeable, now this is a bit of slang, but basically it means that stabbing someone with a trident isn't undodgeable, and it isn't exactly almighty, but it's still pretty strong.

Legium Epidermus said:
I mean that stabbing someone is hardly undodgeable, now this is a bit of slang, but basically it means that stabbing someone with a trident isn't undodgeable, and it isn't exactly almighty, but it's still pretty strong.
I wasn't referring to the trident I was referring to Megalodon

Mitsuru for Gar's reasons. As soon as she realizes Ice doesn't work she'll go straight for Megidolaon. Even sooner if she sees it as her only option.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Rama for Legium's reasons. If he can end it in the first clash, she wouldn't have enough time to switch to Megidolaon.
He can't

Brahmastra is restricted

Legium Epidermus said:
Rama should be able to finish it quite nicely then, because Vishnu Bhuja allows access to a weapon known as Trishula, and EX ranked Noble Phantasm in its own right, making it superior to the Brahmastra, a weapon only ranked A+.
They dont even talk about Brahmastra ...

Vishnu Bhuja is used here as argument,and it stated superior to Brahmastra,and Brahmastra is restricted so they use VB as comparison to Brahmastra.

Gonna vote for Rama here, mitsuru won't likely lead with megido and instead using bufudyne instead if I remember correctly (even in game mechanism and anime wise) and Rama will just throw everything from his arsenal(since he was using Vishnu bhuja here)

Despite his pride that make him look like a cocky brat, he usually cast his NP right off the bat(the more reason if Rama saw mitsuru persona as demon)but technically I'm not really sure here so I'm gonna retract my vote,(he doesn't even know the existence of vhisnu bhuja if I recall)

He is fully capable of using Vishnu Bhuja right off the bat since its ingrained in his very being as a Servant. With Brahmastra restricted he'd have to use it, unless you're suggesting him to use fisticuffs. What he'd be doing here is using Vishnu Bhuja to provide him with a weapon to fight with. The rules have it starting with CQC, so a melee weapon, such as Trishula, would be optimal. The AP of said trident should pretty much be an instant one shot on Mitsuru if it lands. If the rules didn't have it set to starting off with CQC, Mitsuru could one shot with Megidolaon, but since that's a spell and out of character to start off with in the first place, she's pretty boned. Rama holds a distinct advantage in terms of CQC because he gets to casually wave around a trident that one shots if it lands.

Every Noble Phantasm ever is ingrained in a servants being though, it's literally their being or idea personified

Also, she leads with it in the fight against the Arma Giygas and the Leviathen, so I don't get where she doesn't use it in character

Did she now? Must've forgotten that detail. Also if it's their very being, then why wouldn't Rama know about Vishnu Bhuja (This question refers to ENDR S).

His skill of Martial Prowess is literally there for him to utilize the weapons of Vishnu Bhuja so it'd be pretty weird if he didn't know he had a surplus of weapons to throw at people.

Legium Epidermus said:
Did she now? Must've forgotten that detail. Also if it's their very being, then why wouldn't Rama know about Vishnu Bhuja (This question refers to ENDR S).
I didn't say he didn't know about it

I said he would not lead with his absolute strongest attack immediately just because its part of his being, which is every NP of every servant

Except that it would be hard not to. Since to him it would be casual to use. Using a weapon as a weapon is different from releasing the True Name. Saber from FSN can use Excalibur as a sword without having to unleash a giant beam of light. The same goes for Rama. He can just the trident as a regular weapon, the thing is, said weapon can casually **** up Mitsuru if it lands.

The only reason of Rama don't know the existence of VB is because he was summon in his younger aspect, thus limiting the use of all his knowledge, resulting in him forgetting crucial information, such as the existence of Vishnu Bhuja. The chance of him pulling out VB is very slim like an accident.

Vishnu Bhuja is what gives him most of his gear, how would he not know he has it? Regardless of whether he has acces to it, he can still swing his laser-arrow-turned-sword as usual. Mitsuru is dying really fast.

Rama: 6 (Legium Epidermus, Solacis, DragonEmperor23, AnonymousBlank, LSirLancelotDuLacl, LlamaGod 1411)

Mitsuru: 3 (Reinhardthrowhisspear, Gargoyle One, Edwellken)

Inconclusive: 0

Undecided: 1 (ENDR S)

I believe LlamaGod,Lance,and Sol vote are not counted since this whole current discussion is after post-debunk by Gar here.

Gargoyle One said:
No seriously, no offense to the people of this thread but the reasoning shows a lack of knowledge on Persona.

<Magic Resistance

Not only is Magic resistance getting wanked extremely hard, it's also just straight up wrong.

Almighty attacks, in any form, are meant to physically strike the opponent without triggering their defenses.

For the record This can work on 2As even as a 7A, so Magic resistance only works against magic attacks such as Ice Break and that's it.

<Brahmastra

This doesn't give her the win, with this same logic I can very easily say that Mitsuru uses Megaladon and GG, which she can totally do, and it has a much faster activation time then Brahmastra and can be done with a word.

<8 million Soldiers

A guesstimate, and not even impressive since those soldiers are fodder, and "Part of the sun" is wank otherwise Rama wouldn't be 7A.
I kinda went against those here^

AnonymousBlank said:
Vishnu Bhuja is what gives him most of his gear, how would he not know he has it? Regardless of whether he has acces to it, he can still swing his laser-arrow-turned-sword as usual. Mitsuru is dying really fast.
She uses her persona to dodge and says "Die"

Does that work?

Llama argued using Vishu Bhuja and simply beating Kirijo in cqc. The only things "debunked" in Sol and Lance's initial arguments was that Persona magic =/= Nasu magecraft so MR wouldn't work (despite verse equalization). Even if we discount their initial arguments, Sol later said FRA for Legium's reasoning (Dragon also did this), this happened after the "debunk" so it is valid anyway.

@Gar

Does she lead with Megido (not sure how that works)? If she does then (according to general consensus above), she is winning pretty handily. If not, then whatever she tries first gets ignored by MR and Rama murders her.

As for counters, Persona magic = Nasu magecraft, Magic Resistance is gonna work on it fine. What are the specifics on how Almighty attacks work? Above, someone (possibly you, too lazy to check rn) said that they don't trigger defences hence why it bypasses MR. If that is how it works, even that fails since MR doesn't get triggered as its always on.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no, although I still doubt she automatically gets one shotted and can't dodge in any way.

They bypass defenses and kill you, and it's as if the Magic Resistamce didn't even work on the attack

Also, Almighty attacks can bypass 2A Shields so....No, MR being always active is worthless

Back