• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu Narukami vs Arjuna (Yu is trying to beat an ancient mary sue from india) (ONE MORE VOTE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how are the Persona's/magic reflecting them? If its via AP goodluck.

If its a case of can't be dodged then Arjuna's Luck makes them miss so no damage is happening.

Schnee One said:
The votes revolve around him dodging the arrows before using an Almighty attack

Yet he can't dodge them, his Almighty attacks get rejected with magic resistance and his Luck.

So like what are the reasons again?

Almighty nopes magic resistance. That's like its main function.

And passive reflection kinda removes the need for him to dodge.

The Luck Lolnopes the attack even hitting him and Magic resistance blocks absolutely everything else

Literally always has.

I also doubt him having passive attack reflection as that implies he was never threatened by anything that wasn't an almighty the entire game

I don't think so. It stops stuff like Gae Bolg from insta-killing, but never stopped regular attacks from hitting a Servant as far as I'm aware.

It's from switching to a Persona that passively reflects whatever Arjuna is shooting him with. Regular arrows get reflected by Phys resistance, elemental arrows (such as fire in this case) get reflected by a resistance to said element, and magic arrows get reflected by Makarakarn.

Your example quite literally goes against an Almighty Attack killing him

Plus Saber has B rank Luck, Arjuna has A Rank IIRC

So an Almighty attack won't get affected by luck the same a way a causality reversing attack will?

Okay, what is it then?

I'm saying that Luck doesn't "lolnope" every attack like you're claiming. Almighty and most of Yu's attacks don't rely on altering fate or causality to hit the opponent, so Luck won't affect them in the same way. Just like regular attacks from other servants don't just automatically miss everytime they fight each other.

It's more then enough to shrug off an Almighty while everything else gets noped with magic resistance

That's not how Luck works, Luck is meant to effect the best possible outcome, to say Luck can't change the outcome of a normal attack because it works on causality makes no sense

Servant Luck is not "I always have super good luck and can win the lottery super easily"

It's "if something is 100% guaranteed by fate/causality to kill me, my luck can change that so it doesn't actually kill me". Which isn't necessarily it doesn't do any damage.

Monarch Laciel said:
Servant Luck is not "I always have super good luck and can win the lottery super easily"

It's "if something is 100% guaranteed by fate/causality to kill me, my luck can change that so it doesn't actually kill me". Which isn't necessarily it doesn't do any damage.
Contested=/=debunked

Monarch's post literally supports my point. Luck doesn't stop any of Yu's attacks from hitting Archer, and reflection removes the need for Yu to dodge at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back