• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid: Shouldn't the massively hypersonic+ speed of Tohru and the rest of her race be merely their flight speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is still a bit uncertain which of KLOL's calculations that we should use, but I asked the calc group members who had already responded to do so again.

Okay. I think that one of them accepted the anime version though.

The manga version is probably the best choice for now, it's also consistent with the previous travel speed calc.
Unless we discover more feats that supports either.

If it can't be decided, is it fine to make it "MHS+, possibly Sub Rel"?

Okay. I think that one of them accepted the anime version though.
Migue accepted the anime version, while DragonGamer accepted the manga.

DMUA gave his eval already but didn't clarify which version, DemonGodMitchAubin has yet to respond, I contacted him as well.

The manga version is probably the best choice for now, it's also consistent with the previous travel speed calc.
Unless we discover more feats that supports either.

If it can't be decided, is it fine to make it "MHS+, possibly Sub Rel"?
I was originally gonna just use the manga scan with the anime time-frame since both the manga and anime versions happen in the same exact manner, only way the anime differs is Tohru and Elma's kiss (Which really doesn't contradict anything as it happens after the deadpan stare the two give each other which is present in the manga BTW, so it could be concluded that the kiss is additional info) and the better looking visuals for the beam and it panning out further to show how far the beam went (Which you could say is also another piece of additional info on the manga feat that only adds on and doesn't contradict).

But if the majority decide with your proposal, I have no issues with it either.

DemonGod has also replied, he also thinks both versions are fine.

I guess an "At least MHS+, possibly Sub-Rel" combat speed and reactions could work. If everyone is fine with it of course.

Can somebody explain the conclusions here so far and what we still have to do here please?

You just need to include a scan of someone dodging a beam and you should be fine.
Kanna dodged Tohru's mouth beam (And before that Tohru kicked away Kanna's beam, I think?), but not sure about that part since they stated they were "playing" but that would be a noteworthy feat.

But I think Tohru and Ilulu's fight scene might have a couple instances? There's obviously Elma and Tohru too (Who are obviously on par with each other and most likely shot mouth beams at each other before the space beam feat happened), and maybe even a few future fights that I haven't watched yet.

Will have to ask Berkanstelll and Metalballrun for some more scans regarding anyone dodging either Tohru or Elma's beams in combat (I'm sure there might be plenty of instances).

Last edited:
Oh right, there's still Tohru's dad.

NVM that's anime only I think.

Last edited:
Since the new calculation blog was accepted by our calc group, you should feel free to apply the result to the relevant characters.

Since the new calculation blog was accepted by our calc group, you should feel free to apply the result to the relevant characters.
I've asked the relevant members the questions needed. Once I get the response, I'll get to it.

But I think Tohru and Ilulu's fight scene might have a couple instances?
All you need is to have someone dodge a beam and write it like "Avoided an energy blast from X, which moves this fast". Then people scale to that person (assuming they aren't radically more powerful).

All you need is to have someone dodge a beam and write it like "Avoided an energy blast from X, which moves this fast". Then people scale to that person (assuming they aren't radically more powerful).
Well, Tohru vs Kanna happens (Chapter 9 and S1 E2, where Tohru kicks away Kanna's Kamehameha-esque beam and fires a mouth beam at Kanna, which Kanna reacts to and moves away from), but they state to only be horsing around and not being serious yet they then end up cramping around from fatigue from their horsing-around which implies some sort of seriousness being put into their attacks.

That being said, I'm not the best Kobayashi Dragon Maid expert and I haven't made that much progress aside from the anime, so I've already asked Berkanstelll, Arrogant and MetalBall to provide some further supporting scans, just to be safe.

Finally found it. Thanks to Arrogant_Schmuck. Here. Chapter 73.

Fafnir can easily react to and even outright block Tohru's mouth beam, berating her for it even. Fafnir was also blocking a bunch of blasts from Tohru before this in the same chapter.

Okay. That is probably fine then. Thank you for helping out.

Tohru and Elma consistently clash against each other so them scaling to their beams would also be fine as additional support I suppose.

Bump

I re-did my speed calc here. Seems like I forgot some crucial components in the curvature formula, and the earth circle didn't form a perfect fit. Fixed now.

Thank you for helping out. The accepted results can probably be applied then.

So turn out the MHS+ is going to be stay as straight up speed instead travel speed, but with more justified feat
Well they need to keep it. Plenty of people on the wiki have high combat speed but can be outrun by a sedan going at its top speed (Captain America for example).

Having high flight speed means they can more effectively fight.

Anyway, now that the calcs are done. We can work on justifications for the profiles and add scans accordingly

Kanna: Her flight speed remains and she gets scans for reacting to Tohru's beams.

Fafnir: Outright reacts to and blocks Tohru's beam and is stated many times to be far more powerful than her.

Fafnir: Outright reacts to and blocks Tohru's beam and is stated many times to be far more powerful than her.

Uh, didn't Tohru say she only lost to him one time? Inferring that she beat him like every other time.

Anyway, now that the calcs are done. We can work on justifications for the profiles and add scans accordingly

Kanna: Her flight speed remains and she gets scans for reacting to Tohru's beams.

@Qawsedf234

What do you think?

Thank you.

That can probably be applied then.

Okay. I will add the calcs to the respective pages.

Tohru and Elma scale (It's their beams obviously), Kanna saw Tohru's beam coming in hot and Fafnir saw the beam and blocked it himself.

Thank you for helping out.

Is there anything left to do here then?

Okay. I will close this thread then. Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back