• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

misconceptions about rimuru's abilities

Starfeldway

He/Him
more or less this is a downgrade- the tensura web novel have alot of issues on their scaling and alot of things were taking off context of thinking it is what it's not now
First
transduality type 1 downgrade.
the main reason rimuru got this according to thunderian thread was because
1. veldanava is the holy spirit and he created the great spirits and rimuru "transcended" veldanava and he gets it.
2. rimuru was in the same space as the holy spirit
equal nothingness
but now heres the issue
1. veldanava isnt the holy spirit i dont know if i can use author statements which correlates with plot cuz i didn't see an instance where veldanava was called the holy spirit here I was able to gather information from here translation of this is

And the last contradiction-ish thing.

>Verdanava, the "Star King Dragon. The creator of this world.

Isn't this a bit contradictory to the old story?

>"The emptiness is filled with power.
 This is the Holy Spirit. The Great Holy Spirit is the source of power that just exists.
 In the midst of all this, light and darkness, the two pillars of the Great Spirit, arose.
 This was the moment the world was born.
 The world, however, is merely a drifting existence.
 Light and shadow, yin and yang. Even if they tried to intersect with each other, they would not be able to do so.
 One day, the Great Spirit of Time is born.
 It is the child of light and darkness.
 And the world began to move.
 The world that began to move turns. It moves aimlessly in circles.
 In this one-way flow of life and death.
 The five great spirits of earth, water, fire, wind, and air are born.
 The world interferes with each other and eventually stabilizes.
 These are the eight great spirits.
 Then, the world is filled with light and covered with darkness.
 New spirits are born and disappear.
 Life and death.
 Until that time when the world will one day come to an end. ......"

The owner of the King of Justice is uncomfortable with creation. Does he have the ultimate version of Yuki's creator? I mean, he's a dragon species too, right? How can a being that's all out of magical elements be a holy spirit? He has a proper will to begin with, he is not a "source of power that just exists," and he is not one of those two great spirits.

Submitted by: ZeroUrashima
---- ----
November 07, 2013 at 03:37 pm

The world creation is difficult to explain.
 Veldanava arose after the world was created.
 After that, he was the one who adjusted the energy swirling in the primordial world and created life.
 A detailed explanation would be redundant, so I have omitted that part.
Fuse
November 07, 2013 11:49 pm
I'll be detailed on what author fuse said here
he said "veldanava arose after the world/reality was already made
the holy spirit is a mass of primordial energy which happened to just exist he's similar or he is even the big bang itself
unless you can show how this contradicts with the plot then fine- there was never an instance that veldanava was called the holy spirit in web novels
there was never an instance they said he is the creator of the great spirits as well the world is made through energy after all which leads us to the second one
about rimuru being in utter nothingness similar to holy spirit
here's the thing
the world itself uses energy- turn null to regulate time and space to flow effectively so ones that energy loses its power to expand further the concept of both time and space-spread of space here means matter either ways as a voided space still waits for you
it's simply called heat death thast why the author directly said
"according to the law of entropy this world have arrived at "nothingness""
I shouldn't explain how this works by the way but I'll do it regardless
Entropy is the loss of energy available to do work. Another form of the second law of thermodynamics states that the total entropy of a system either increases or remains constant; it never decreases. Entropy is zero in a reversible process; it increases in an irreversible process
also I'll be using scans from chapter 401here it says in a world without energy the flow of time have stopped, veldora will still be able to move, the second mentioned how energy regulated the flow of time and space. and how ciel said
Certainly, time doesn't flow and is in a stopped state. I can't sense the spread of space either......

" Yes. in this world, the flow of time has stopped. The spread of space had ceased as well, and in accordance to with the law of entropy[3], this world has arrived at nothingness"
now let's clarify the ass translation about "the new spirit coming to erase all"
虚無に力が満ちている。
 これが聖霊である。大いなる聖霊は、ただ存在するだけの力の源。
 そんな中、光と闇、2柱の大精霊が生じた。
 世界が誕生した瞬間であった。
 しかし、世界はただ、漂うだけの存在である。
 光と影、陰と陽。互いに交わろうとしても叶わぬ存在。
 ある時、時の大精霊が生まれる。
 それは、光と闇の子としての存在。
 そして、世界は動き出した。
 動き出した世界は回る。目的も無くぐるぐると。
 その、生と死、一方通行に進む流れの中で。
 地・水・火・風・空という5柱の大精霊が誕生する。
 世界は、相互に干渉しあい、やがて安定する。
 これが、大いなる8柱の大精霊。
 そして、世界に光が満ち、闇に覆われて。
 新たな精霊達が誕生し、消えていく。
 生と死。
 世界がいつか終わりを迎えるその時まで……
which translates to
“The Void was full of power.
 This is the Holy Spirit.
The Great Holy Spirit is the source of power that just exists.
 In the midst of all this, light and darkness, the two pillars of the Great Spirit, arose.
 Light and shadow, yin and yang. Even if they tried to intersect with each other, they would not be able to do so.
 In that one-way flow of life and death.
 Life and death.
 Until the time when the world will one day come to an end. ......”
I used someone in the tensura server who can speak Japanese you can check yourself if you want.
-there's nothing like a new spirit came and killed the rest spirits
-it said new spirits will replace the ones who dies until the source of it dies-world end/all of reality
so rimuru doesn't show any feat of being trans-dual anywhere in the web novels of tensura since the argument was veldanava created the world as long as with the great spirits important notes to take
  • author Confirms veldanava isn't holy spirit>he said Holy spirit is big bang, veldanava arose after the big bang, so he doesn't show any superiority over great spirits in this case
  • no where in all of web novels was it directly stated he is> literally nowhere, world of emptiness≠nothingness where the holy spirit or before the big bang itself
  • rimuru didn't survive the death of anything since they never died> it was a mis-translation it's the death and the replacement of the great spirit using the their source the holy spirit [the one way current of life and death, new spirit are born when others die, until the very day the world=reality ends, rimuru was just sent to the future where there's no more energy for space and time to flow through author uses law of entropy for a reason and author himself said rimuru was never sent beyond reality only to end of time In just that one universe
  • rimuru never showed superiority over the dual great spirits>never implied he did, the rules of the world were created by veldanava in the first place so he is just beyond everyone including veldanava the holy spirit isn't a being with will or any attribute
  • you guys arguments are veldanava created the world along with the great spirits which was never said>never ever
  • and I showed you turn null is a condensed energy that was swirling in the primordial world which veldanava uses to maintain and create worlds, turn null as the name imply is just energy which birthed life and control the flow of space and time
  • no canonical evidence veldanava is the very creator of the great spirits>so it's head canon to speak of anything beyond the plot and words of author
  • so author words here too are valid>doesn't contradict the plot
non existent physiology type 1 downgrade.

okay now that transduality is cleared up, let's now talk about misconceptions of nep1 it was said he used "turn null" which Is nothingness and it existed before the great spirits which it didn't or have no prove of having
the holy spirit is the only source of the great spirits as mentioned, here and here
what rimuru did is just void manipulation nothing more nothing less
turn null isn't also void its void energy
the regulation of turn null make it super densed that it can create a universe <space-time> as being a regulated void energy and not void itself it doesn't scale the character infusing it to be scaled to nep1
as said by rimuru himself he just regulated it from the void space, turns it into super densed energy and can fuse it with his body - because rimuru himself is just a massive ball of energy he can use turn null as energy supply this doesn't count as nep1
nep1 is lacking all forms of what makes someone exist non existent like a soul lacking a soul or like how it formerly used-<existed before the great spirits>
so yeah.
that's it
rimuru doesn't have nep1
nor td1
there are several reasons to why rimuru maintain his conceptual manipulation type 1
but his resistance was due to "survival of type 1 conceptual destruction" which isn't true

Last edited:
there was never an instance that veldanava was called the holy spirit in web novels
I don't really know what kind of holy moly spirit they are talking here but this is what i got
through search engine:
There was another being who awakened as a demon lord at the same time as Guy.

Milim.

One of the four “dragons”, the first among them, created a child with a human.

Interestingly enough, most of the “dragon’s” power was taken by this child.

Thus, the “dragons” declared the making of children a taboo.

The “dragon” who lost his power took on flesh, and became the founder of the dragon family.

From then on, the mass of natural holy spirits came to be called the Dragon Race. - ch.81
Even the instructors said that it’s pointless to fight Veldora.

But does that not go against their creed?

When she asked, they responded that 『Dragon Veldora is a monster and is also not a monster』 .

A dragon is actually a holy spirit and is thus a ball of energy. - 87
“Then I will tell you. I am a visitor from another world. You can call me the result of supernatural power…or more simply, the dragon who controls the storm. Yes.”

Veldora got bored of explaining and ended it abruptly.

He didn’t know what religions existed here, but he didn’t think they would understand if he said he was a god or a holy spirit.

“Hahaha. Like from a myth?” - ss 12

There was another being who awakened as a demon lord at the same time as Guy.

Milim.

One of the four “dragons”, the first among them, created a child with a human.

Interestingly enough, most of the “dragon’s” power was taken by this child.

Thus, the “dragons” declared the making of children a taboo.

The “dragon” who lost his power took on flesh, and became the founder of the dragon family.

From then on, the mass of natural holy spirits came to be called the Dragon Race. - cch.81
Good, this question was asked and I have the answer
Thanks for the update!

It just occurred to me that the dragon species is the Holy Spirit.
Ramihlis was the reigning Lord of the Holy Spirit.
Did you mean to say that Ramiris is higher than Vertanava? 
Also, is Ramiris in his prime at a level where he can beat the dragon species?

Keep up the good work on the updates!
Posted by: kirin
---- Male
Nov 08, 2013 at 00:35 PM
Setup.
 If Rudra's reputation is up, then it was worth writing about!

Dragon species = not Holy Spirit.
 The Holy Spirit is like a mass of primordial energy, with no will or attributes.
 Don't think too much about it.

Keep up the good work!
Fuse
November 08, 2013 11:34 pm
yeah according to the link
dragon have wills and attributes made through beliefs of others
even in the web novels the kanji used was
"神霊" which means divine/highest tier spirits
“Then I will tell you. I am a visitor from another world. You can call me the result of supernatural power…or more simply, the dragon who controls the storm. Yes.”

Veldora got bored of explaining and ended it abruptly.

He didn’t know what religions existed here, but he didn’t think they would understand if he said he was a god or a holy spirit.

“Hahaha. Like from a myth?” - ss 12
I'll like instances of when "Veldanava" was called the actual Holy spirit= the creator of the great spirits =the type 1 conceptual energy
like it's like most of the time we use the wrong paragraphs to clear up the misunderstanding
checking the op you'll find out there's no such thing as "a new spirit is born erasing all" so yeah through this rimuru didn't survive any conceptual destruction also
it's "a new spirit is born when another one dies" replacing the dead spirit it's source being the holy spirit- the great holy spirit which is the source of all power
not veldanava

I'll like instances of when "Veldanava" was called the actual Holy spirit= the creator of the great spirits =the type 1 conceptual energy
That may not be the case because of multiple statements from fuse himself that says Veldanava is not the Holy Spirit from the story Ramiris talked about. But base on the last statement I've provided, it can be said that his existence are akin or equal to it, on stop of being superior than type 1 conceptual entities like Gii (Or unless we don't treat their existence as a part of the Great Spirits here)

Last edited:
Agree with downgrading NEP type 1 because i also thought it doens't make sense. Rimuru obviously injecting the turn null but in the scans from previous threads never shown or stated to be he himself turning into non existent being because of that. From what I understand he just gets big amp from that nothing else. Unless some scans states he gets non existent features because of injecting turn null into his body. That should be downgraded.

Last edited:
That may not be the case because of multiple statements from fuse himself that says Veldanava is not the Holy Spirit from the story Ramiris talked about. But base on the last statement I've provided, it can be said that his existence are akin or equal to it.
being akin to isn't enough sources that he is Trans-dual
and no where is it said they are similar
also being non dual isn't being trans-dual

Agree with downgrading NEP type 1 because i also thought it doens't make sense. Rimuru obviously injecting the turn null but in the scans from previous threads never shown or stated to be he himself turning into non existent being because of that. From what I understand he just gets big amp from that nothing else. Unless some scans states he gets non existent features because of injecting turn null into his body. That should be downgraded.
exactly since this so called "energy" didn't also exist before the holy spirit

turn null like the name said or as stated "is just a super massive condensed energy that can create and destroy a world when it have enough"

it's not void/non existent

even veldora was kinda taking rimuru's turn null
so yes it's a massive energy boost

thanks for the input

being akin to isn't enough sources that he is Trans-dual
Well it is, being akin or equal to someone existence can also possibly grant you the same feature they have... I mean iirc it's how Dagruel got his type 1 and 4 Acausality base on a statement that says his existence are on par/akin to [Ultimate Skills] Users.
and no where is it said they are similar
also being non dual isn't being trans-dual
I'm using the Holy Spirit statement and as well the fact that his existence are superior to Conceptual Entities like Guy Crimson.

Well it is, being akin or equal to someone existence can also possibly grant you the same feature they have... I mean iirc it's how Dagruel got his type 1 and 4 Acausality base on a statement that says his existence are on par/akin to [Ultimate Skills] Users.
if you can show more information on why they are trans dual please do so
I'm using the Holy Spirit statement and as well the fact that his existence are superior to Conceptual Entities like Guy CriCrimson
like I said they are called Highest tier divine spirits
also guy crimson is stronger than velzard and velgrynd
I made a thread on why guy crimson is superior than veldora too
he might be on par with veldanava but not prime veldanava as that guy had turn null
your arguments are not disturbing mine cuz there's no evidence of being "Transdual" in any sense
we don't care who and what guy is at the end he is still a product of the spirit of darkness
so where's the evidence veldanava or any other person is more superior than the great spirits
there's literally no instance

Based Elde.
I'm also in favor with the downgrade with this reasoning.

if you can show more information on why they are trans dual please do so
like I said they are called Highest tier divine spirits
also guy crimson is stronger than velzard and velgrynd
I made a thread on why guy crimson is superior than veldora too
he might be on par with veldanava but not prime veldanava as that guy had turn null
your arguments are not disturbing mine cuz there's no evidence of being "Transdual" in any sense
we don't care who and what guy is at the end he is still a product of the spirit of darkness
so where's the evidence veldanava or any other person is more superior than the great spirits
there's literally no instance
I'm trying to propose scaling scaling Veldanava to HS who predates the dualities.
And idc where you physically tier Gii, cus I'm not even talking about the difference in their physical characteristics.
Anyway you can stop addressing my argument now, the person whoever brought nondual should be depending this lol.

Last edited:
I'm trying to propose scaling scaling Veldanava to HS who predates the dualities.
And idc where you physically tier Gii, cus I'm not even talking about the difference in their physical characteristics.
Anyway you can stop addressing my argument now, the person whoever brought nondual should be depending this lol.
so bring more evidence about veldanava scaling up to him
where did he use turn null to create great spirits
look this is pure head canon
it's not seen nor said therefore never happened
I'll wait for staffs input

alo
also what 💀
I just said no one predated anything 💀
the great spirits didn't die in anyway
Read the op again

I talked with OP privately before he made this CRT, and he actually showed me the evidences and accounting of the downgrade, as far as I can tell, this is commonsensible, and I agree with them.

Last edited:
exactly since this so called "energy" didn't also exist before the holy spirit

turn null like the name said or as stated "is just a super massive condensed energy that can create and destroy a world when it have enough"

it's not void/non existent

even veldora was kinda taking rimuru's turn null
so yes it's a massive energy boost

thanks for the input
Based Elde.
I'm also in favor with the downgrade with this reasoning.
I am neutral about TD. Only agree with NEP type 1 downgrade.

Pemilik King of Justice merasa tidak nyaman dengan ciptaannya. Apakah dia memiliki versi pamungkas dari pencipta Yuki? Maksudku, dia juga spesies naga kan? Bagaimana bisa makhluk yang tidak memiliki unsur magis menjadi roh suci? Dia memiliki keinginan yang benar untuk memulai, dia bukan "sumber kekuatan cepat", dan dia bukan salah satu dari dua roh besar. Dikirim oleh: ZeroUrashima ---- ---- 07 November 2013 pukul 03:37 — Penciptaan dunia sulit untuk dijelaskan. Veldanava muncul setelah dunia diciptakan. Setelah itu, dialah yang menyesuaikan energi yang berputar di dunia purba dan menciptakan kehidupan. Penjelasan terperinci akan berlebihan, jadi saya telah menghilangkan bagian itu. Sekering
dimana kamu melihat ini?

kinda understand a little bit of Japanese
so there's a part which said
And the last contradiction-ish thing.

>Verdanava, the "Star King Dragon. The creator of this world.

Isn't this a bit contradictory to the old story?

>"The emptiness is filled with power.
 This is the Holy Spirit. The Great Holy Spirit is the source of power that just exists.
 In this one-way flow of life and death.
 Life and death.
 Until that time when the world will one day come to an end. ......"

The owner of the King of Justice is uncomfortable with creation. Does he have the ultimate version of Yuki's creator? I mean, he's a dragon species too, right? How can a being that's all out of magical elements be a holy spirit? He has a proper will to begin with, he is not a "source of power that just exists," and he is not one of those two great spirits.

Submitted by: ZeroUrashima
---- ----
November 07, 2013 at 03:37 pm

The world creation is difficult to explain.
 Veldanava arose after the world was created.
 After that, he was the one who adjusted the energy swirling in the primordial world and created life.
 A detailed explanation would be redundant, so I have omitted that part.
Fuse
November 07, 2013 11:49 pm

Disagree with TD downgrade.

As far as i know.
Veldanava is the one who created the world with turn null and he is the holy spirit. Him creating the world has also been mentioned several times.

Holy Spirit is veldanava but veldanava isn't the holy spirit.

Veldanava Creator (Holy Spirit) ≠ Physical/Dragon Veldanava. (who regulated the physical world)

It was also said that he "lost turn null" after creating worlds which later ciel recreated. If he only adjusted the world and created life, then why turn null was lost? No.

The Veldanava that rose after reality bloomed would be more of a secondary or avatar of said holy spirit.

That's my take on it atleast.

Nothing is proved that Veld is qualitative superior to great spirits, and neither suggests he is creator of them. The argument was that Veld is a great spirit, which is canonically wrong.

But the translation you gave is much more accurate than the previous one.

"the nothingness was filled with power

"that was the holy spirit" The great holy spirit was a source of power that just exists.

In the midst of it, two pillars of spirits, light and dark, rose.

It was the moment the world was born.

However, the world was just an existence floating around.

Light and Shadow, Yin and Yang. Even if they try to intersect it won't come to existence.

one time, the great spirit of time was born

An existence that was a child of light and dark.

Then the world begun to move, it spun around.

Spinning around without purpose.

In that one way of life and death.

5 pillars of Great spirits were born known as Earth, Fire, Water, Wind and Sky.

The world will interfere with each other and eventually stabilize.

These are the 8 pillars of great spirits.

Then the world was filled with light and was covered in darkness.

New spirits were born, and disappeared.

Life and Death.

Until the day the world ends."

Idk where the previous translation came from but it's inaccurate
Disagree with TD downgrade.

As far as i know.
Veldanava is the one who created the world with turn null and he is the holy spirit. Him creating the world has also been mentioned several times.

Holy Spirit is veldanava but veldanava isn't the holy spirit.

Veldanava Creator (Holy Spirit) ≠ Physical/Dragon Veldanava. (who regulated the physical world)

It was also said that he "lost turn null" after creating worlds which later ciel recreated. If he only adjusted the world and created life, then why turn null was lost? No.

The Veldanava that rose after reality bloomed would be more of a secondary or avatar of said holy spirit.

That's my take on it atleast.

Last edited:
that's the only one I used btw
the nep downgrade

"that was the holy spirit" The great holy spirit was a source of power that just exists.

Light and Shadow, Yin and Yang. Even if they try to intersect it won't come to existence.

Life and Death.

I don't see where veldanava is the creator of great spirits here tho and my translation doesn't seem too off from this thunderian translation was kinda the one pulling all our asses
it said - new spirit will come, kill other spirits and then erase all of existence which is false new spirits are just replacing the old ones from both mine and your translation
“The Void was full of power.
 This is the Holy Spirit.
The Great Holy Spirit is the source of power that just exists.
 In that one-way flow of life and death.
 Life and death.
 Until the time when the world will one day come to an end. ......”

Last edited:
you guys disagreeing is funny so I'll wait for staffs
  • author Confirms veldanava isn't holy spirit>he said Holy spirit is big bang, veldanava arose after the big bang, so he doesn't show any superiority over great spirits in this case
  • no where in all of web novels was it directly stated he is> literally nowhere, world of emptiness≠nothingness where the holy spirit or before the big bang itself
  • rimuru didn't survive the death of anything since they never died> it was a mis-translation it's the death and the replacement of the great spirit using the their source the holy spirit [the one way current of life and death, new spirit are born when others die, until the very day the world=reality ends, rimuru was just sent to the future where there's no more energy for space and time to flow through author uses law of entropy for a reason and author himself said rimuru was never sent beyond reality only to end of time In just that one universe
  • rimuru never showed superiority over the dual great spirits>never implied he did, the rules of the world were created by veldanava in the first place so he is just beyond everyone including veldanava the holy spirit isn't a being with will or any attribute
  • you guys arguments are veldanava created the world along with the great spirits which was never said>never ever
  • and I showed you turn null is a condensed energy that was swirling in the primordial world which veldanava uses to maintain and create worlds, turn null as the name imply is just energy which birthed life and control the flow of space and time
  • no canonical evidence veldanava is the very creator of the great spirits>so it's head canon to speak of anything beyond the plot and words of author
  • so author words here too are valid>doesn't contradict the plot

Last edited:

Life and Death.

that's ramiris

Back