• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Misc Digimon Revisions Vlll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
I think this is number 8....I think....Anyway this is a pretty hefty one. We have 13 things to go over for this 8th revision.

Boltboutamon and SGDL Conceptual Shenanigans
While this is somewhat detailed in the Malevolent Fist Blog, there is a little bit of new lore about what Bolt's goal entailed.

To quote Ex,

"The Malevolent Fist planned to directly destroy the old concept that the Seven Great Demon Lords embodied and thereby establish itself as the new concept of darkness that existed in the multiverse. "

Boltboutamon directly attacked the Demon World and the SGDL in an attempt to completely erase their concepts. But what is surprising is that he failed and in fact the SGDL survived getting their very concepts attacked.

What this basically means is that while you can attack the Concept can hurt him, however, unless you are strong enough, it will not kill him seeing as the Malevolent Fist who is stronger than the SGDL failed to do so. Twice.

Another thing is that if Boltboutamon is the embodiment of the "New Concept Darkness" then he should have Abstract Existence in line with that.

To summarize,

Boltboutamon: Conceptual Destruction + Abstract Existence

SGDL: Resistance to Conceptual Destruction

Yggdrasil Resistances and Conceptual Stuff
This is simple as brought up in the Homura vs Ygg fight.

Ygg should naturally have a resistance to Mind and Soul Manipulation due to the fact that it's a blatant super computer and not an actual conventional being. Think a pure robot. There is also the fact that Yggdrasil managed to resist the attacks/corruption of the Eaters for a good while before eventually getting corrupted completely. This could also count as Resistance to Information Manipulation.

One thing that was brought to my attention is that Yggdrasil should be considered the Abstract of Life and Death. The comes in line sorta with Executor's new blog and statements from Yggdrasil itself. These quotes come from Yggdrasil stating "Death has no meaning to him" and that he has "Complete Control over Life and Death". There is also the fact that he created Dexmo who was also considered to be Death itself. He also seems to have abstract like qualities. To quote PaChi,

"Yggdrasil is an incorporeal being, so he uses Manifestation Bodies to interact more directly with the physical plane.

A mysterious host computer, "Yggdrasil" that controls all of the "Digital World" on the network. This figure is the incarnate body created by "Yggdrasil".

Note that Yggdrasil can both create a body to use as an avatar as well as take over an existing body, as it was in Digimon Next and Digimon Savers with Barbamon and Masaru.

Its basically the embodiment of Life and Death in the digital world."

Also based on the fact that Death means nothing to him, Ygg qualifies for Type 5.

So to summarize this,

Resistance to Mind Manipulation, Soul Manipulation and possibly Information Manipulation.

Abstract Existence, Conceptual Manipulation (Life and Death) and Type 5 Immortality.

Clockmon's Temporal Lineage
This was recently brought to my attention. In a vast majority of games Clockmon's natural evolution is Knightmon. And Knightmon's natural mega is Crusadermon. Ergo, Crusadermon is to also inherit Clockmon's skills.

To summarize,

Crusadermon gets Clockmon's skills.

Apocalymon Infinite Stamina
So this is also something that is a "maybe". Apocalymon's Darkness Zone is sourced multiple time to expand infinitely. However, for some reason, Apocalymon has limited stamina. Due to Darkness Zone being sourced as an infinitely expanding attack, Apocalymon should have infinite stamina. To maybe help support this, Machinedramon is also apart of him. It is noted that Machinedramon has infinite energy.

Sealing For the Dark Masters
So the Dark Masters (And by extention Apocalymon) should have sealing based on these quotes.

In the four corners of the world, four sets of light and darkness stood at odds. Those on the side of the Light had large, beastlike shapes, while those on the side of Darkness varied. There was one shaped like a large dragon, another like a mechanical dinosaur, another the size of a human adult, while yet another was as small as a child. Although their shapes were different, all of them were Digimon. News that the children had left File Island reached the dark Digimon that was shaped like a human adult. He cursed. That wretched Devimon failed! Yet he could not make a move. Currently, he needed all of his concentration to seal the Digimon of the Light that was coiled in front of him, its shining dragon―like form trapped as it squirmed unsuccessfully under his power. It would take some time before its seal was completed.
After chaining his hostage Sora to the wall, Nanomon used his repaired hand to hit the keyboard keys at a speed that be caught by the eye. He had changed the network system and programs skillfully, without any of his enemies noticing. Etemon, Vamdemon, and the Dark Masters behind them (HAVE THEY ALREADY FINISHED SEALING THE FOUR HOLY BEASTS, I WONDER) seemed to think that by changing the order of the world, it would make it easier to control, but as he had mentioned earlier, Nanomon did not agree.
Based upon this, the Dark Masters can seal opponents if need be as shown when they seal the 4 Holy Beasts. How strong the Holy Beasts were at this time is unknown, however they did defeat Apocalymon once...so there is that. It should be noted that each Dark Master sealed one of the Holy Beasts. This process seems to take time, but if the Holy Beasts are indeed Low 2-C seeing as they defeated Apocalymon, then maybe it's faster on weaker foes.

To summarize,

All the Dark Masters should gain Sealing.

Mother Eater Conceptual Destruction
This one is actually quite cut and dry. Suedou was planning to use the power of Mother Eater to eradicate the concept of sadness from the world.

2ezKsfCl

Hacker's Memory Updates
This is simple. So we got some new powerhouses that scale to the CS 2-A's.

First we have Megidramon who could fight end game Keisuke in a fight. It should be noted that they didn't kill him, but calmed him down. And Keisuke had help from Leomon. Of course this feat may immediately be thrown out seeing as Leomon didn't die, thus making the fight invalid. OvO

We have a SkullMeramon who could erect a barrier that was so powerful that not even THE Beelzemon could get through it. And it fought end game Keisuke. However, I am not 100% sold on scaling SkullMeramon to Keisuke and as such thinks a "Possibly 2-A" rating should do. But I'll let you all decide. He should be High 2-A with his special barrier.

The last two are VenomMyotismon and GranDracmon. These are two of the Super Bosses of the game and fight end game Keisuke along with an ally of his choosing. However, I feel that only GranDracmon should get the additional High 2-A rating while VenomMyotismon should only get the "At least 2-A" rating. Also GranDracmon should get some type of Reality Warping seeing as he can control to appearance and structure of the Abyss Server. His resurrection should be updated to high speed Resurrection seeing as the instant he is defeated and Keisuke leaves his domain, he returns ready to fight once again.

To Summarize,

Megidramon gets an "At least 2-A" rating.

SkullMeramon gets an "At least 3-C, possibly 2-A" rating with "High 2-A via his special barrier"

VenomMyotismon gets an "At least 2-A" rating.

GranDracmon gets an "At least 2-A, likely High 2-A" rating as well as Reality Warping and high speed Resurrection.

Regarding Cyber Sleuth Piercing Moves
Originally we rated moves from CS that stated "DEF-Penetrating Attack" or "INT-Penetrating attack" as Bypassing Physical/Magical Defenses. However, I believe a better classification is that they pierce through defenses and not actually completely bypass them.

Digimon Type 1 Immortality
Digimon cannot die from old age (They don't age) nor natural causes.

Digimon Savers Another Missio
So this is also apparently a thing. In S:AN the Savers cast are literally given the powers of the SGDL. As such they should gain the abilities of the Demon Lord that they were gifted.

Yatagaramon/Crowmon BFR
Crowmon/Yatagaramon can BFR opponents to the Dark Area as you can see via these scans.

https://imgur.com/a/S0tQf

DemiMeramon Rege
DemiMera is able to regenerate as long as a single flame is left. Not only that it then multiplies as part of it's regen. As such this would grant DemiMeramon and evolutions up BlueMeramon Mid-High Regen + Duplication as well as Immortality Type 3.

Scans: https://imgur.com/a/pL2db

Barbamon Revival
Barbamon can revive others from Nonexistence.

Scans: https://imgur.com/a/KBX7R

That's all I believe.

I repeat that Ygg should have type 5 because the concept of death is meaningless to it (Actually, pretty sure that it was supposed to have type 5 since type 5 was changed)

i'll say something about Apocalymon in a bit given the previous stamina stuff (and not just because of vs matches ovo)

Everything else though looks good.

Everything looks good, only i'm not sure about giving Clockmon's stuff to Alphamon.

Apocalymon i guess is good if one of its components has an infinite energy supply

I'm iffy on Alphamon getting them as well. But it was brought to my attention and thus I though I'd might as well put it in. I mean the only thing it grants Alphamon is thought based Time Erasure.

Although it's kinda obvious that Digimon have Type 1 Immortality tho. That's gonna be a big revision when we haven't even finished the Champion level Revisions. (HELP NEEDED)

Everything seems good, though I am iffy on Alphamon gaining Clockmon stuff as well. You also forgot the about the Savers: Another Mission stuff.

Oh right Dragon didn't you also mention something about True Yggdrasil being on the lvl as the True SGDLs due to the RKs?

That was merely a statement saying that Ygg is the strongest being in the Digital World. That has been added to his tier description already. However, that does upgrade VictoryGreymon, ZeedGarurumon and N.E.O.

Okay. So for Apocalymon gaining Infinite Stamina. For now, I disagree with it for reasons.

First, the infinitely spreading stuff. Now im not saying Darkness Zone cannot infinitely spread, it definitely can. The problem here however is assuming that just because the move can go on forever it means the user can automatically incorporate endless energy into it to support doing that.

This may be a bad analogy, but take a person running. There's no real limit to how long a person can run. But the reason why people obviously can't do that is because we don't have endless energy to support running forever. This will lead to said person running until their stamina dies out and they have no energy left to keep running. So it's not a limit on the running capability, but just the energy of the individual.

That's what I think is happening here. By saying Darkness Zone can expand infinitely, all it is saying is the move has no limit to how far it CAN expand. Meaning, it can go as far as a planet, solar system, galaxy, universe, multiple universes, any x amount of these finite distances via its capability to do so. But the move would only go as far as Apocalymon can make it go. Remember, there is a difference between making a move stay activated in a limited area forever via your endurance and making it stay active across a continuous range forever. In other words, Darkness Zone's capabilities has no specific set range because it can keep expanding continously, but Apocalymon's own energy would eventually die out and the move would stop at [insert here] point it reaches.

Next issue is the notion of "continous moves = continous energy" for characters. IIRC, we give stamina to characters based on the stamina they are depicted with, which goes into their moves duration. Not based off the duration of moves themselves. Technically speaking, any move can go on forever. Provided they have the stamina to support it of course. If someone with limitless stamina made an omni-directional energy wave, it would keep going in all directions for as long as they want with no limit because their stamina levels are endless. But for people with finite stamina, the move would only keep going until the energy dies out and the move vanishes. A common trope in all fiction.

Finally, regarding Machinedramon being a part of him. Now thanks to it having an endless power source, Machinedramon would be a mechanical-guy who's allowed to have Infinite Stamina. Thing here is, having someone with endless stamina as a part of you shouldnt neccesarily mean you yourself have the same stamina reserves. For one, it needs to be proven that by being a part of him, Apocalymon has the same exact power supply since Apocalymon isn't mechanical (fully anyway). Second, take Perfect Cell for example. Androids 17 and 18 both have Limitless Stamina through their infinite power supplies as well. Cell absorbs both of them to become complete and obviously has access to their power supply. Even with both andriods at his disposal, Cell still doesnt have Limitess Stamina himself. Reasons why could always be debated.

That's my notion toward this. Though I will make a positive note for Apocalymon if the above is wrong (positive note dragon ovo).

If it is true that Apocalymon really does have Infinite Stamina from Darkness Zone, then his Low 2-C form needs to be upgraded. Given the Infinite size of the Digimon Multiverse, it makes absolutely no sense for a being with an infinitely spreading move, AND infinite stamina, to only be able to effect one universal space-time contiuunm. Especially when the character in question here is already Low 2-C from scaling much higher above Digimon like Mephistomon (who was BIRTHED by Apocalymon), can already effect a universal-space time continuum by just literally existing, and has a move that can destroy parrallel dimensions. If nothing else, 2-C should be the bare minimum. Maybe even higher, but idrk.

The difference between Cell and Apocalymon however is the unlike Cell, Apocalymon has never shown himself to tire. He just wants Pizza. OvO The thing is, the attack is never stated nor shown to stop expanding. So either Apocalymon is continuously expanding it or it does so on its own.

The latter could be true. If it is, thats even more grounds for it being at least a 2-C level move.

Though for the former, even if Apocalymon has never shown to tire, we still need proof he can even access Machinedramons energy supply like Cell can toward 17 and 18, especially since Apocalymon isn't fully machine. And as for the move, I don't think the move needs to be stated to stop expanding (unless it acts independently from Apocalymon's control) since its common like that for all characters moves. If Goku tires out, his Kamehameha will eventually vanish. Same for Naruto's rasengan, Ichigo's Getsuga Tensho, etc. What I still do think is the move covers an endless amount of finite distance, since its not immediate, but will logically stop at some point once Apocalymon tires. And that can be as far as a planet to multiple universes. It just depends on how far Apocalymon can make it go.

Only time I don't recall it happening was when Apocalymon fought Tai and the other digidestined and that wasn't really a long fight (was also very PIS filled too so).

4ntFrk4
"Infinite Darkness". Gennai literally said that the Darkness Zone of Apocalymon was endless. Something infinite necessarily is constantly expanding, it has no way of being infinite and having a delimitation.

@Ex

That I already covered and acknowledged. The move has no set ranged limit to it because, as we all agreed, it continously expands.

But what im trying to say is it will only expand as far as Apocalymon can make it go. If it was an independant move, then it would keep expanding no matter what. But if its Apocalymon that makes it expand, then the move will keep going until Apocalymon cannot make it go any farther himself. And the range can be any finite distance you can think of, from a planet to many universes. Either of or in between. Basically its this:

-If independant, move spreads forever and ever no matter what.

-If depedant on Apocalymon, it keeps spreading as far as he can make the move spread, which can be any distance.

Can we pause for a sec and notice that the guy who literally spreads infinite Darkness is neither a Virus Attribute nor Dark type?

Gennai and the profile were very clear, the Darkness Zone IS infinite. Apocalymon IS the Darkness Zone. So Apocalymon is infinite.

@Dragon Apocalymon is formed by all the Digimon that have already been deleted in history, so it is formed by all possible attributes. Just because he has power from the darkness does not mean that he is a Virus, the darkness in question is a reference to the Infinite Nothingness/Void that he incarnates.

Yes, but everything about him screams "Dark". OvO

It makes sense lore wise, but still.

@Dragon

When pokemon don't get the logical types they deserve lol.

@Exectutor

Thats only in the case of Apocalymon's non-corporeal form (which is 2-A IIRC). Not the physical form we all know. Apocalymon without a form is clearly infinite, but when using a physical body, Im not sold on that. It may even seem NLFish (again, for the physical Apocalymon. Not the formless one).

@Dragon In the future it will be just 2-A. We already have enough evidence that servers are universes, a human server has infinite data and others have several stars, planets and galaxies. Each Story game also runs on other servers (similar to Pokémon) and during the game itself we travel between servers as if they were parallel universes.

We just need to put this together in a blog to conduct this review. It's my next step, I'm just resting a little because of the last blog I made.

Speaking on the blog, sad to know he was not mentioned here ... PaChi2 said that it would be nice to put him here to know the general opinion on whether or not to accept what is in it.

It's best we create a separate thread about that. Either that or have someone evaluate the blog. If someone can ask like Matt, Sera or Azzy to comment there, it will help.

tfw there is a thread about Conceptual stuff, but stamina of all things is the big debating point. Also I'm removing Alphamon from the OP.

I do not know exactly why, after all we see literally that Alphamon has Clockmon data in Super Xros Wars because of DigiFusion, but... Okay...

Well that is true, but in plenty of other things, he goes straight from DoruGreymon or Grademon to Alphamon. If you can persuade everyone else I have no issues adding it.

@Dragon

I see. But for now I still go back to my original point before.

A characters move really doesn't require a statement to stop since, unless they have endless endurance from the start, its a common trope with characters moves to eventually cease after use. Now for Darkness Zone, it says it continously expands and theres 0 doubt about that. The range for it is unspecified since it can be any finite distance you can think up. But endlessly expanding still means its going across an unknown finite distance instead of it immediately covering everything. There would be a difference betwen saying its range is only multi-universal and that it ca be multi-universal. "Only" implies the move stops at multi-universal when thats very wrong, it continously expands. "Can be" implies the move has the capability of reaching multiple universes, provided its user can make it go that far. And I previously explained why moves themselves dont give you stamina but that stamina gives the moves their duration.

That said, this is just me right now and I have no where near as much Digi knolwedge as most users in this thread.. If everyone says otherwise, that is fine.

Every Digimon with TPI is gonna get it changed to Acausality so Lucemon will be changed eventually.

The point is, if something expands infinitely then what makes this expansion has infinite power. And the Darkness Zone has been twice said to be infinitely direct, it being in expansion is something obvious because everything infinite necessarily needs to be constantly expanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back