• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Weiss Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never stated. So how is your assessment any more valid than the acceleration assessment?
To quote yourself from the other thread:

"You're saying that CRWBY needs to acknowledge every single speed amp for it to be canon?"

This is false equivalence. You're trying to prove that the glyphs Weiss used to assist Ruby aren't speed amping glyphs on the other thread. On this thread, you're trying to prove that Weiss' speed aping glyphs instantly increase your velocity without accelerating it over time.

You need to actually show proof for what you're saying here.

This is false equivalence. You're trying to prove that the glyphs Weiss used to assist Ruby aren't speed amping glyphs on the other thread. On this thread, you're trying to prove that Weiss' speed aping glyphs instantly increase your velocity without accelerating it over time.

You need to actually show proof for what you're saying here.
I did already, i showd proof that she has speed amping glyphs in this thread with explanations. The other thread has yet to prove that sped ampig glyphs were used in the speciic scne in qustion

All that happened in this thread was you saying acceleration and velocity are two seperate things.

Everyone then proceeded to tell you that acceleration is simply increasing velocity over time.

You have yet to refute the above, and you have yet to post worded evidence that Weiss' speed amp glyph increases speed instantly and not over time.

It fact it would be so counterintuitive for her to have more than one speed glyph active to increase speed since the original speed glyph should have already set her to the speed she needed to be. Why have multiple glyphs appear if one glyph has a set speed amp?

Last edited:
You have yet to refute the above, and you have yet to post worded evidence that Weiss' speed amp glyph increases speed instantly and not over time.

It fact it would be so counterintuitive for her to have more than one speed glyph active to increase speed since the original speed glyph should have already set her to the speed she needed to be. Why have multiple glyphs appear if one glyph has a set speed amp?
To keep her speed constantly accelerated. Once she steps off the glyph her speed goes back to normal.

And you have proof of this? Let alone how incredibly contrived that is?

Please show us that her speed instantly returns to normal the moment she steps off the glyph. If she remains at the same velocity, the glyph isn't doing what you say it's doing.

What. How does that prove the speed amp wears off after she steps off them? She wanted to stop. If you're trying to prove to me that she doesn't maintain the same velocity after she steps off a glyph, you're going to have to post an instance where she doesn't intentionally stop after getting off a glyph.

Because its the glyphs that ave th proprties. Once the person steps off of them they lose the effect.

Yes they lose the ability of being sped up, but you have yet to show me that the glyphs take you from 100 to 0 the moment you step off them without Weiss deliberately trying to stop.

Because Weiss has never used her glyphs in that manner other than the instanc i showd you. At this point youre asking m to prov a ngativ

She used her glyphs like that in that one instance in a way that at best would work as supporting evidence and yet your interpretation of what the glyphs do is somehow more true than my interpretation of what the glyphs do?

She used her glyphs like that in that one instance in a way that at best would work as supporting evidence and yet your interpretation of what the glyphs do is somehow more true than my interpretation of what the glyphs do?
Correct. Your intrpretatio is that the effcts of th glyphs persist after the person affctd by them has moved out of the glyph's radius, which is incorrect

You have yet to prove that to me considering the feat you just posted isn't a valid instance that proves your point.

And you have yet to post anything that supports your interpretation over mine. This works both ways my guy

affects velocity, repulsion, and attraction

latest
^

I have provn it, several times with the scans ive provided. Its your turn to disprov it with your own scans

This is circular. On the very basis that each of us don't have a very strong argument to begin with. I can't show you any more than that guidebook scan of what the glyphs do and you can't show me proof that the glyphs take you from 100 to 0 without the user trying to stop.

The only difference is that I'm not trying to argue for any specific interpretation of the mechanics of Weiss's glyphs. Rather, I'm trying to disprove your singular interpretation through showing you that it could literally be anything else and we don't have concrete proof it's any one thing.

I’m sorry, but is this discussion trying to say that increasing your speed is not acceleration?
All of this just because I said Ruby isn't being physically buffed to move faster but is rather being propelled, thus moving faster.

This is circular. On the very basis that each of us don't have a very strong argument to begin with. I can't show you any more than that guidebook scan of what the glyphs do and you can't show me proof that the glyphs take you from 100 to 0 without the user trying to stop.

The only difference is that I'm not trying to argue for any specific interpretation of the mechanics of Weiss's glyphs. Rather, I'm trying to disprove your singular interpretation through showing you that it could literally be anything else and we don't have concrete proof it's any one thing.
Ive postd multiple scans that prove my point. You have not. You need to post scans to prove your point. That is how dbating works.

It appears that the majority of people here have agreed against the proposed changes, so I am closing this.
have i forgotten words and meanings?

How did you take “acceleration is correct wording because what you’re proposing is just acceleration” to mean that you were free to change the wording how you wish? She’s accelerating them when they come into contact with her glyphs.

Even if it takes 0.1 seconds for her semblance to effect the other persons body in order to accelerate them on contact with the glyph, that is change in speed over time.

You’re attempting to claim that Weiss’s base glyphs, not her actual time dilating ones, absolutely break the acceleration formula with the value of time being 0.

That’s a claim that requires quite a bit of evidence to go against a fundamental law of nature.

She only has one interpretation of her glyphs, the interpretation outlined by the show

Okay then, here is a clip of Weiss using attraction glyphs to keep herself grouded while pushing back against the force of Flynt's trumpet, then falling off and losing th attraction effect when the force is removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back