• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Weiss Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s literally impossible.

Acceleration is a change in speed over time.

If you were going one speed a second before, and a different speed a second after, your acceleration either increased or decreased.

If Weiss is making people go faster, she is intrinsically increasing their acceleration, as she has increased their initial velocity over a certain time frame.

That’s literally impossible.

Acceleration is a change in speed over time.

If you were going one speed a second before, and a different speed a second after, your acceleration either increased or decreased.

If Weiss is making people go faster, she is intrinsically increasing their acceleration, as she has increased their initial velocity over a certain time frame.
nerd

anyway this is true

affects velocity, repulsion, and attraction

latest
Velocity and acceleration are two very different things

Can you format this into a description, if this is what you are using instead of a scan?
Which i did, i hav posted a scan of her using it as a speed amp to amplify Ruby's semblance to keep up with Harriet, whose speed semblance was stated numerous times to be significantly faster than Ruby's and is canonically the fastest speed semblance in the world

The only material difference I could imagine between velocity and acceleration manipulation is the ability to alter force, but she already has the ability to affect attraction and repulsion, so I think the ability to manipulate acceleration falls out of her other abilities.

Edit: at some level, this does feel highly semantic. I don't think that, with her power set as defined, changing the wording would have any tangible effect on a vs. debate.

It is, Abstractions had an issu with the word acceleration, im changing it because its nonexistent in Weiss' powerset

Who cares about the wording? What she’s doing is the exact same, she’s increasing velocity, and therefore increasing acceleration. The word doesn’t matter, she’s doing both by doing one.
Abstractions, who is currently arguing that the use of the word 'acceleration' as opposed to 'speed amp' changes the contxt of a feat to the point of invalidation

Abstractions, who is currently arguing that the use of the word 'acceleration' as opposed to 'speed amp' changes the contxt of a feat to the point of invalidation
I don’t care.

Making a thread like this because you got stuck on an argument someone made is petty and childish.

This thread should be locked if that’s your only reason for approaching this topic. You did this because you encountered an argument you didn’t like, not because you found a flaw in the wording.

That’s not cool Weekly.

That scan also says "fundamental forces" which is fairly broad.
It is a loose statement, yeah, but that isn't the argument. Accelerating and amping one's speed are quite literally the same thing, if you amp your speed your accelerating, if you accelerate you amp your speed.

I feel dumb now cause I now realize this had no reason to happen.

I don’t care.

Making a thread like this because you got stuck on an argument someone made is petty and childish.

This thread should be locked if that’s your only reason for approaching this topic. You did this because you encountered an argument you didn’t like, not because you found a flaw in the wording.

That’s not cool Weekly.
Man, imagine trying to remove a nonexistent power from a profile that has no reason to have it being handwaved as 'childish'

Man, imagine trying to remove a nonexistent power from a profile that has no reason to have it being handwaved as 'childish'
Your ignorance in speed amps and acceleration being the exact same thing is not my problem. And you know very well you are being childish in making this thread. You have a habit of doing this when you encounter arguments you don’t like. I’ve seen you debate for over 2 years now, your style is very distinctive and easy to see through.

Trying to plead victim is the lowest of the low.

Not sure what you mean but okay, kinda harsh getting insulting over a thread literally changing the wording of a power to make it more accurate but hey, you do you my guy

Not sure what you mean but okay, kinda harsh getting insulting over a thread literally changing the wording of a power to make it more accurate but hey, you do you my guy
But speed amps and accelerating are the same thing, the accuracy wouldn't change whatsoever because it'd be the same.

Just so we're clear, Weekly. You're saying that an object increasing in velocity, is not accelerating?

So are we in agreement to change the wording on the page from gradual acceleration to instant speed amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back