• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor RWBY Speed Revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is

It electrocuted Sun when he accidentally touched it and it conducted through the metal parts of the ship they were on when Sun blocked it

It can harm 8-As meaning it also has the AP to be considered such

No I won't. This is serious.

Link to the conduction through metal?

Also are you sure it can harm the 8-As because it scales to them or simply because they weren't treated as 8-A in that scene. I hear a lot of people find the 8-A feat outlierish.

Its not that hard to link a source, may you provide that for us? Cause if there is no source. I unfortunately have to agree with Matt here on the slight downgrade.

In the first video is just hurt a guy. I guess that means every single "Electrical" attack is now real lightning. Great.

... It didn't do that in the second video, at all. It just hit the ground and had a shock effect, which included the wooden floor. You can visibly see it, even with the shit animation.

Sorry, but nothing shows it as being actual electricity, and the whole thing just looks like a low-end to me

Lightning Dodging Feats:

• Lightning directly produced by a character is only considered as real lightning if it has demonstrated some properties that real lightning has. Some examples are: making muscles of affected beings contract, having an (electro)magnetic field, being shown to actually move with a speed similar to lightning, flowing through conducting materials, the character being able to manipulate real electricity or electromagnetism in general, generating ozone or causing electrolysis.
  • Lightning speed can change due to a variety of factors, but for practical purposes, concerning attacks that are electricity-based, if they display power comparable to that of natural lightning, and fulfill the other requirements listen within this page, they should be considered to move at a comparable speed. It is required to show that the electricity carries an energy of at least 5 billion joules or a voltage of around 100 million volts in order to qualify. (Harming an 8-A allows it to qualify)
According to our rules regarding these types of feats, said attack qualifies as being lightning speed.

I want you to get some sleep because i'd rather debate with someone who is well rested and thinking clearly, not someone who will accuse me of trying to silence them for no reason and trying to invalidate a feat because "The animation is shit"

Stop trying to argue with something which is obviously not what's happening there. You are just using a scene and trying to twist it.

Also what proof of the lightning being 8-A. I could just grab the scene and use it on reverse, and say that it is proof that they aren't 8-A, and it fits the visuals of the scene way more.

What is the actual argument here? The downgrade is needed.

Also no strawman please. The animation in RWBY being shit is just statement of a fact. And it was meant as teasing, it was not the argument at all.

But even with that you can clearly see that what you say happened... Just didn't.

"I want you to get some sleep because i'd rather debate with someone who is well rested and thinking clearly, not someone who will accuse me of trying to silence them for no reason"

How can you fall for a joke so easily? Do you honestly think I'm sleepy? I'm not. I just put it in the OP to see if someone would use it to instantly discredit my arguments

How is taking the evidence presented and logically figuring out whether or not its lightning speed twisting the scene?

Because it hurt a guy who scales to two minimum 100+ ton feats, placing him solidly into 8-A, ergo the lightning is 8-A as per our rules for rating tiers and scaling

The argument is that the attack has the qualifications to be reated as moving at a speed comparable to that of natural lightning, so the feat is valid.

Im sure it was Matt, im sure it was.

If you think this is invalid then you need to take it up with Ant and everyone else who helped set the guidelines youre currently ignoring for apparently no reason.

I'm pretty sure one of the 8-A calcs is just straight up wrong. Some of the people on the OBD who calced it where saying it.

And no, that's basically calc-stacking. "He has this 8-A feat so everyone he ever faces ever is 8-A". vs "He is 8-A based on this but maybe, possibly, he is just not always portrayed as 8-A and may face weaker opponents due to other criteria, PIS, specific conditions, and different writers"

I'm sorry, but the second one makes a lot more sense.

Now.

• Prove its real lightning (You didn't)
  • Prove that its 8-A (You didn't)
If you can't do either just downgrade. It's not even a debate.

Just try to cool down both of you guys,

Weekly even if Matt is sleepy, it wouldn't impair him to the point that he can't argue.

Joking and using it to see someone would use it to discredit you are two different things, not sure why you're trying to excuse whether or not you're sleepy.

The lightning which supposedly exerts over 100 tons of TNT outright coursed through wood, and then failed to destroy the wood despite its voltage of 100 Tons of TNT/second.

You can obviously see that there are multiple wrong things with it. The lightning both cannot be 8-A and real lightning.

And before you shout "AoE Fallacy!" without understanding the term, there's no AoE here. It is a lightning bolt. It hits the ground. It should damage the ground, even real-life lightning does it. It is not a magic or ki attack fired by a particularly sentient or consciousness being who cares to the environment around him. It's not even a 5-B attack. The shock causes literally no damage to the ship.

SomebodyData said:
Joking and using it to see someone would use it to discredit you are two different things, not sure why you're trying to excuse whether or not you're sleepy.
Because I kinda knew people would take the shortcute of "You're sleepy so you're argument is invalid" rather than deconstruct the actual argument.

One of the 8-A calcs was done here and both of the 8-A calcs were evaluated by our calc members and determined to be correct so youre gonna have to talk to them about it

When have we EVER used "He is 8-A based on this but maybe, possibly, he is just not always portrayed as 8-A and may face weaker opponents due to other criteria, PIS, specific conditions, and different writers" for any verse EVER? And for the record, The dragon is stronger than him and RWBY has had the same writers since the beginning aside from Monty (rip). We have always used the first quote you used for almost every series on this wiki other than comics.

I have already proven that the attack has all the qualifications needed to be treated as lightning speed by our guidelines and have also proven that it can harm 8-As. If you dont like it then make a CRT to revise the guidelines for how we treat electrical attacks and how we scale characters to each other because right now youre basically saying the feat isnt right because you dont want it to be.

Said boat easily pinned the dragon in place despite it being able to casually fly through a shit ton of rocks like theyre nothing so im not sure why youre treating the boat like it has normal durability.

>When have we ever

Literally always. We accept that characters are not always portrayed as peak power by all writers in all installments / chapters / episodes / scenes.

I certainly won't argue that Adeptus Custodes have GigaFoe level bullets when their Guardian Spears pierce the flesh of Horus Lupercal. I will just be sensible and admit a low-end when I see it.

And no, you haven't. You just posted something and I debunked both claims. Which them proved to be even worse than you thought upon further analysis.

Maybe not for the whole boat given metal armour, but for a freaking wooden floor? Yes, certainly. Wood has the durability of wood.

Again, can you prove anything?

It cannot be real lightning because:

• It doesn't eletrocute anyone, it just hurts a guy and he is sent hurling away as if hit with kinetic force
  • It courses through wood
And it cannot be 8-A because:

• It does absolutely 0 damage through the wood it courses to. Its weaker than real-life cloud-to-ground lightning, unarguably.

Then why do we accept scaling EVER? Because that is essentially what you are arguing against right now.

There is a difference between a blatant outlier and flat out ignoring basic scaling.

I posted the guidelines we follow here and you just said no. You didnt debunk anything, you just said no. Electrocution and conducting through metal along with harming an 8-A are more than enough proof that its comparable in speed to real lightning.

There are a lot of wood users and characters made of wood who are above 9-C who would disagree. A LOT.

So I don't really have opinions on the speeds themselves, but I will agree with Matt on if an electrical attack strikes the environment, it needs to produce similar or greater damage compared to real lightning to be considered such a speed. There are too many verses now where electrical attacks are just considered to be MHS due to hurting a tier 8 character, even if they do next to nothing when hitting anything else.

The AoE fallacy doesn't work when this is the very thing we need to prove something is MHS, in the first place.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It cannot be real lightning because:
  • It doesn't eletrocute anyone, it just hurts a guy and he is sent hurling away as if hit with kinetic force
  • It courses through wood
And it cannot be 8-A because:

• It does absolutely 0 damage through the wood it courses to. Its weaker than real-life cloud-to-ground lightning, unarguably.
He wasnt launched by the electricity, if you actually watched the video you see he's electrocuted, the dragon rears his head back and throws him, and he falls

It coursed through metal

Because Sun blocked the actual attack

Holy Generalization, Batman. Just become some scaling is shit doesn't mean we will ignore all scaling.

And in this case, you are ignoring blatant visual evidence for absolutely everything, and just going "It harmed a guy who scales to two 8-A feats, the only interpretation is that it is 8-A".

It isn't. It didn't do damage to wood. It coursed through wood, didn't do any electrocution on scene, and has 0 conclusive evidence of real lightning. It isn't real and it isn't stronger than real lightning.

Also, I didn't know that Hashirama Senju had built the boat. That's an amazing piece of RWBY lore.

Seriously, though, you cannot be using that argument. That's a normal boat with normal wood. It has less durability than an average tree, and those get rekt by real life cloud-to-ground lightning.

Looking at the evidence it should have still done something with the wooden floor, and also not coursed through wood.

It did both, thus invalidating the whole calc.

Then why are you arguing that it shouldnt be used here exactly...?

Yes, that is how we treat scaling here.

It didnt damage the wood because it never HIT the wood, Sun bolcked the attack. And yes it did, it visibly electrocuted and harmed Sun and conducted through the metal of the ship. That is enough evidence to be considered the speed of natural lightning.

A boat that is durable enough to ram an 8-A with enough force to impale them

It is MUCH more durable than a regular boat and did not get damaged by lightning

No, the wooden floor. Do you even perspective. The very next shot we see electricity coursing through the wooden floor.

No proof of any metal railing. You are now just making things up. In fact, there's no proof it coursed through anything. You just see it over the metal and wooden floor indiscriminately.

"Then why are you arguing that it shouldnt be used here exactly...?

Yes, that is how we treat scaling here."

Indeed, and by the ways we do treat scaling this does not get scaled by the 8-A stuff. It is a low-end outlier. Call a spade a spade.

"A boat that is durable enough to ram an 8-A with enough force to impale them"

"It didnt damage the wood because it never HIT the wood"

It did. You and everyone else with sight can see it if you watch the video.

"And yes it did, it visibly electrocuted"

No, it didn't. It just hit a guy. That isn't criteria for anything.

"conducted through the metal of the ship"

I very doubt it did either. It didn't behave like real electrical conduction.

Nothing makes it 8-A other than scaling and it struggling with a boat is evidence it isn't 8-A.

WeeklyBattles said:
No, the metal railings. Do you even look.
Now i KNOW youre not even bothering to look at the video because its very blatantly conducting through the metal canno
Woa, lay it off the caps lock, buddy.

I watched it several times. I even took screenshots since you apparently couldn't see the scene. And no again, what you linked isn't proof again.

But in case you missed it again, look at this. "Electricity" "Coursing" Through Wood. And I don't mean the wooden character, I mean the wooden floor of the ship, which clearly has electricity touching it, and not only doing no damage but supposedly coursing through it. In the same frames you say it is coursing through metal.

Putting serious doubts into your argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back