• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor RWBY Speed Revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about you call the truth the truth and recognize that its 8-A instead of ignoring it for no reason? There is no reason for it to not be treated as 8-A other than your own personal opinion.

It didnt, Sun blocked it, you and anyone with sight can see it if you watched the video.

Sun touched it and was electrocuted, it didnt hit him when he was on its face.

So now youre just flat out ignoring the most blatant proof. Nice.

WeeklyBattles said:
How about you call the truth the truth and recognize that its 8-A instead of ignoring it for no reason? There is no reason for it to not be treated as 8-A other than your own personal opinion.
It didnt, Sun blocked it, you and anyone with sight can see it if you watched the video.

Sun touched it and was electrocuted, it didnt hit him when he was on its face.

So now youre just flat out ignoring the most blatant proof. Nice.
I feel I'm just arguing with a door at this point.

Nothing makes it 8-A other than shoddy scaling.

He obviously didn't block anything or else it wouldn't have "coursed" through the metal cannon, the wooden floor, and the imaginary rails.

He didn't. He got hit and got hurt. Now I guess this makes all vaguely lightning looking attacks in fiction real lightning. This is the incredible standard of evidence we're dealing with here.

There is no proof to ignore.

What caps lock?

You took screenshots and still cant see it? How does that work?

Didnt know the God Emperor was in that scene, guess i didnt watch it after all. And nice job cropping the scene where the electricity is coursing through the metal, really drives home how youre argument is invalid when you have to manipulate the evidence so it works in your favor.

The caps lock you used in your own post I quoted.

Left mouse click on highlighted text. Don't be needlessly obtuse to not have to address an argument

>Guy who never read a paragraph of Warhammer says that the Emperor is a wooden character

>40Keks.

You were the one outright ignoring everything else, buddy. I never ignore the supposed coursing through metal. You were the one failing to look and see that it coursed through wood in the same frame. You never brought it up. You acted like it didn't exist.

Manipulating nonexistent evidence is what made this "lightning" 100 Tons of TNT+ in the first place.

And it gives us wooden tiles with 100 Tons of TNT damage. More durable than literally any material on Earth. Amazing technology in the RWBY world.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Guys, let's just calm down a little.
How the hell am I going to make semi-controversial revisions if everyone is already upset? </div>
This is already super controversial because man doesn't want characters to lose a plus sign in their profiles

Same here except its being an asshole right now

Nothing shoddy about being 8-A for blatantly harming an 8-A

The rails are quite visible, dont know how you dont see them, theyre all around the boat's edge. And yes, he did block it, otherwise he wouldnt have been there to do so.

Technically yes, by our standards if they harm an 8-C+ or above they would be, its the reason most of Fairy Tail is MHS+ from the beginning now as well. Once again, if you dont like it then bring up a revision of how we rate said feats and go through the two to three massive threads that were had about creating the standards for rating such feats.

I'm not being an asshole, I'm just being blunt.

Wow, that's not at all what happened. What happened is that being with no 8-A feats harms a guy who is 8-A feats via scaling from other guys, but now apparently this makes the dragon 8-A even though the only way he can be that way is if you treat the low-end of the guy who's 8-A via scaling... not the low-end it is.

No rails, no visible. Wood is visible.

Wow, never said he didn't block any. It still hits the ground.

And assuming you're not distorting evidence to win a point, that's also wrong. And yes, the standards are too low and needed to be raised high.

Just like the steaks of this thread just got higher by mentioning that.

How about this thread gets closed and you guys discuss it another time? Because its pretty obvious this thread is gonna blow up and I'd rather not have to see two staff members be forced out of their position.

Like, only reason its blowing up is cause Weekly gets like this whenever a verse he likes is questioned.

Also everyone can accept my jokes as just that: Jokes. There's no reason that Weekly can't.

Hey, you dont accept it when a bullshit argument about a verse is made, i dont take it either

You never oncce made a joke in this thread

Where?

Hey ask Azzy, i started reading WH40K months ago, he even helped me and told me where to start.

Hmm, there are schools where they teach kids how to kill monsters, elemental weaponry that in the first episode is stated to be extremely dangerous to wield yet is also extremely commonplace, weapon that basically anyone can make that can channel the wielder's soul, yet a boat being durable is the hard part of the technology to accept. When they have airships and mechs also capable of 8-A feats.

Let me guess, all via scaling?

Stop scaling the whole verse to two feats until you reach the point where you'll end up scaling stuff like kitchen knifes and .9mm handguns to 8-A.

It doesn't hurt to admit that a low-end is what it is.

And it still doesn't prove that the floor is anything but.

I see no difference

Yes, that is how scaling works Matt, nice of you to spell it out

Rails

Yeah you kinda did

Then make the CRT and get it changed, then i will agree with you

Oh im so scared

Here's a challenge: Prove that anything in that scene is 8-A. Without scaling from feats whose scale is not replicated in that scene at all.

Except that shit scaling is invalid for obvious reasons. I pointed out multiple times that the scaling used here is terrible. The power there is demonstrably not 8-A. Or even 9-A.

Would you like me to find scans of the guy who literally uses guns and knves who is also 8-A? Because that fits the decription of a few RWBY characters, hell there's a 7-B who fits that description

Doesnt hurt to admit that this isnt a low end either

Matthew Schroeder said:
Except that shit scaling is invalid for obvious reasons. I pointed out multiple times that the scaling used here is terrible. The power there is demonstrably not 8-A. Or even 9-A.
If an attack can harm an 8-A, said attack is 8-A, what arent you getting about that?

If we went by what characters display demonstratably, most of the verses on the wiki would be immensely weaker than what we rate them as.

I'm pretty sure those guns aren't 8-A and that is just another feat to add to the "Stuff that isn't 8-A in scale" for RWBY.

Which is literally every feat aside from those two and Maiden stuff.

So in conclusion so far:

No proof of electrocution besides Weekly saying it happened

No proof of rails besides Weekly saying it happened

No proof that the wooden floor was built by Senju Hashirama or is actually filled with Adamantium inside

No proof that the dragon is 8-A in scale when the whole scene implies he isn't

Alternatively the Nevermore isn't being written as 8-A when bullets pierce its flesh, or they have bad durability. Or 8-A is inconsistent.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Alternatively the Nevermore isn't being written as 8-A when bullets pierce its flesh, or they have bad durability. Or 8-A is inconsistent.
Bullets didnt pierce its flesh ever

8-A isnt inconsistent when Weiss has an 8-A feat of her own

Im sorry Matt but at this point youre honestly being ridiculous. Make the CRT to change our standards on electrical attacks, then we can talk

No proof of anything. I already addressed all your points.

This is the structure of this talk.

You: Point A

Me: Address Point A with Point B, proving its wrong

You: Respond to Point B by returning to Point A

Youre not debunking anything, and in result make the conversation circular.

WeeklyBattles said:
Im sorry Matt but at this point youre honestly being ridiculous. Make the CRT to change our standards on electrical attacks, then we can talk
Why make a triple post just to try and silence me again by making a statement that has no argument behind it? "I'm sorry you're just ridiculous" is fallacious, appealing to emotion, and adds nothing to the discussion.

WeeklyBattles said:
You have yet to debunk any points other than just saying no because no
You could read my first posts again? Just a thought. Would be better than make a strawman fallacy.

Why acuse me of trying to silence you when that is not now nor was it ever my intention? That in and of itself is a falicious argument which also adds nothing to the conversation. You may be staff but that doesnt make you exempt from the rules and regulations of the wiki Matt. Make the CRT. Then we can come back to this becasue right now its going nowhere.

And I will. Alongside maybe possibly more throughout RWBY revisions. 8-A and MHS+ have their days counted.

Maybe.

Going to close this due to an inability to budge.

No it wasnt, i told you to go to sleep because i thought you would tired and i thought it would impair your argument, which i didnt want as this is a serious matter that i'd prefer be had between two clear minded people instead of two people tired out of their skulls shouting at each other.

Sorry i was trying to be considerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back