• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Reactions Page Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I was recently doing a calc and I wanted to find the reactions for the character in question, but it was so difficult with the formatting of the Reactions page.
It wasn't ordered like the tables in the Attack Potency or Speed page, it was just a bunch of values. I had to convert both values to scientific notation to see if it fit, since counting the amount of zeroes was headache inducing.

Because of that, I decided to make a table in my sandbox with a better format than the current Reactions page, while also adding scientific notation so the numbers and words could be easier to distinguish. I thought it would be a great addition to the page to have a consistent table format.

Edit: Since DDM mentioned units with prefixes, I added them at the 2nd table at the bottom of the sandbox.

Last edited:
But, is it Works For Calculation? It's would be affected the timeframe method like if A Character who had lightning speed Perception or Mhs speed get blitzed by B Character at 100 Meters Distance start point so the calc would be like this 100/0.0000294 = 3,401,360.54 m/s or Sub-Rel. so, up scaling from blitzing A Character doesn't works Anymore cuz we can Do a Calculation. isn't this right?

This has nothing to do with the calcs itself, just the conversion being easier.

Also that's calc stalking unless character A canonically has that reaction time.

But, is it Works For Calculation? It's would be affected the timeframe method like if A Character who had lightning speed Perception or Mhs speed get blitzed by B Character at 100 Meters Distance start point so the calc would be like this 100/0.0000294 = 3,401,360.54 m/s or Sub-Rel. so, up scaling from blitzing A Character doesn't works Anymore cuz we can Do a Calculation. isn't this right?
So this example Calc is works.

That seems like a good way to format things. I prefer having the SI prefixes in the table as well.

One question:
Is this intentional for some levels be different from the speed counterparts?
Say, for baselines:
Normal human speed is 5 m/s, normal human perception is 0.2 s
Athletic human speed is 7.7 m/s, athletic human perception is 0.12987013 s << should this be translated to 0.1299 s instead of 0.1290 s?
Peak human speed is 10.03 m/s. peak human perception is 0.099700897 s << should this be translated to 0.0997 s instead of 0.1000 s?
Superhuman speed is 12.43 m/s, superhuman perception is 0.080450523 s
Subsonic speed is 34.3 m/s, subsonic perception is 0.029154519 s

Otherwise am fine.

I think that this is a good idea, and the suggestion seems to have been accepted, but which of the charts should we preferably use?

One question:
Say, for baselines:
Athletic human speed is 7.7 m/s, athletic human perception is 0.12987013 s << should this be translated to 0.1299 s instead of 0.1290 s?
Peak human speed is 10.03 m/s. peak human perception is 0.099700897 s << should this be translated to 0.0997 s instead of 0.1000 s?

Otherwise am fine.
I think it was.

Also, I think your suggestions make sense. I saw this issue when I was trying to get approximations for the numbers and it was a little off, but I didn't know if I should touch the specific values yet

I think that this is a good idea, and the suggestion seems to have been accepted, but which of the charts should we preferably use?
Thanks!

So far, Agnaa and Elizhaa have said that the SI units are fine. DDM was the one who gave me the idea to add them, so I guess the second table would/should be better to add.

One question:
Say, for baselines:
Could be that we changed the speed rating a little at some point but not the perception. Although it doesn't particularly matter what the border is... then again, I doubt any profile is even using (calculated) athletic or peak human perception speed. So we can easily just change them.

Could be that we changed the speed rating a little at some point but not the perception. Although it doesn't particularly matter what the border is... then again, I doubt any profile is even using (calculated) athletic or peak human perception speed. So we can easily just change them.
You are suggesting to revise the "Speed" page instead for this blog...
So we have 10 m/s peak human speed and 7.751937984 m/s athletic human speed instead? Gosh.
Sounds like Star Butterfly wanting to kill all magical creatures to preserve monsters.

So far, Agnaa and Elizhaa have said that the SI units are fine. DDM was the one who gave me the idea to add them, so I guess the second table would/should be better to add.
What do the rest of you think about this?

Okay. Please elaborate regarding what needs to be changed.
The values.

The Reactions ratings is based off of the Speed ratings, but we have come to have changed the speed ratings but not the reactions ratings that tie with them.

So the athletic human and peak human have had their speed values revised but not the reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back