• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor One for All Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the users of One for All should be given a resistance to Power Stealing. Case in point

• All Might stated a user has to willingly give up the power to pass it on
  • When Stain ingested Deku's blood, he did not get One for All.
  • All For One, the guy whose power is all about stealing quirks tothe point he can't help it, has never tried to take back that Quirk, despite having beaten all the previous users besides Toshinori.
What do you think?

I think it's somewhere stated that One For All cannot be stolen, although the user can be forced to give it (e.g torture). So yeah, I'm okay with this.

>When Stain ingested Demi's blood, he did not get One for All

Pardon me but where was it stated he can take quirks.

Also I agree.

Gargoyle One said:
>When Stain ingested Demi's blood, he did not get One for All
Pardon me but where was it stated he can take quirks.

Also I agree.
He can't, but One For All naturally gives itself via DNA ingestion+a wish to give it.

Js250476 said:
Plus All Might was worried Stain might have gotten it for a bit before explaining it to Izuku
No, he wasn't. He asked if Izuku wasn't worried, then when Izuku freaked out he explained why there was actually no need to worry.

One For All is a power that can be transferred to others and the power transfer process requires the original user to allow it. How exactly does this equate to resisting power absorption?

Andytrenom said:
One For All is a power that can be transferred to others and the power transfer process requires the original user to allow it. How exactly does this equate to resisting power absorption?
All For One can't steal it. No one can steal it, actually. It's the reason why OFA vs AFO is an useful match-up despite the massive versatility difference: power advantage and the fact AFO's ultimate trump card against quirk users is rendered useless.

When was it shown that AFO can't steal it? All Might may just have never given him the opportunity.

Andytrenom said:
When was it shown that AFO can't steal it? All Might may just have never given him the opportunity.
How about all the times AFO had the previous OfA users at his mercy? Or hey, how about the time where AFO stabbed All Might in the back with those needle fingers? You don't think he wouldn't have at least attempted to take it?

The fact that OFA got to Deku means that all the OFA users had already passed down the quirk when they were defeated by AFO.

There is no proof that AFO ever tried to take back OFA, you need proof for such a statement not speculation. We know Nana fought AFO after giving Toshinori One For All.

Also I'm positive AFO can't insantly take a Quirk just by touching someone, it probably takes time to steal a Quirk.

lets not forget that Its super super super super rare for a person to have two quirks. The stain couldnt steal it was just probably because of that.

Personally, I'm okay with this, since All Might explicitly states that One For All can only be given willingly (even if forced at gunpoint) rather than taken.

Whether it can be copied is another story.

You only need to obtain it willingly via DNA ingestion, there's no evidence for it being impossible to absorb / steal / copy since AFO HAS to have battled against OFA users after they already have passed down the quirk, since you kinda need to be alive for that to happen. Also there's no evidence that AFO can simply absorb quirks with a touch, so the "But why didn't AFO steal OFA from All Might during their first fight" argument can't be used.

Well, we do see that AFO can pass down quirks within a few seconds (Origin of OfA) by face... grasping apparently.

In what way? We know quirks are genetic things, why would giving someone a Quirk be any different from taking it away? It's literally just the inverse of the other.

@Dziga

He explicitly states that it can't be stolen, period. Not just via DNA Ingestion.

You're taking that out of context. If I remember that chapter correctly, they were talking about someone eating Deku's DNA accidentally. Also that doesn't prove at all it can't be stolen by any means. Obvious abuse of NLF.

@Dziga

I know it's talking about DNA ingestion within the context of that scene, but All Might's phrasing outright says that it can't be stolen period.

If he was talking about only DNA ingestion, he would have said "One For All can't be stolen by DNA ingestion".

It's not a NLF when the best known power-stealing ability in the series does it by facepalm.

Note that I never said immunity. I just said that resistance to power stealing is the most likely option.

I have heard people say AFO absorbs quirks through bone tengrils. Why? Where is everyone getting this idea from? Because I'm 99% sure it was never stated, shown or implied within the story itself.

@Andy

I don't know where people are getting it from but why is that relevant to this conversation?

This would only give Resistance against a very specific type of power stealing at best. And you still have to prove AFO does it by a simple facepalm. The flashback scene doesn't show him doing it in an instant, we just see him facepalming people, for what we know, that could take a few minutes to half an hour or more, which would explain why AFO couldn't steal from All Might since he probably never got the chance to.

@Dziga

He gives Quirks by facepalm so the mechanism for taking Quirks should be the same.

@Dziga

He had the chance to take it from the first wielder of One For All, who was dramatically weaker than all of his successors. All For One isn't stupid. If he could have taken it, he would have.

Also can I point how we're basically basing this all on extremely vague statements and scenes.

I don't know you, Dziga, but I think that having to facepalm a person for multiple minutes is just way too inconvenient to put on a story.

But overall yeah, I stand with Reppuzan on that one. At the very least it's highly likely that One For All can't be stolen, and given what the brother of All For One had, it does seem like OFA is an overall counter of All For One in that aspect.

@Dziga

That doesn't change the fact that it's been explicitly stated to not be able to be given unless the user wills it to.

This is on top of the fact that All For One has never taken it from any other users that he's already beaten.

Resistance to Power Absorption is fine.

It doesn't matter, we have no idea how AFO steals quirk with accuracy, and people are just assuming its instant because??? Insert vague panel from the manga. Seriously I just want SOLID proof.

@Dziga

You're being obtuse about this.

I never said anything about it being instant. If anything, the process is slow and extremely painful given how the victims are rendered catatonic and the first wielder of One For All is clutching at All For One's hand when the transfer happens.

We already have statements that are backed up by feats. That should be more than enough.

Okay, you have a point.

But isn't what has been presented in the manga so far enough for a sort of "Likely resistance to power absorption (Cannot be stolen via forcibly ingesting the user's DNA, indirectly implied that All For One is unable to steal it)" to be put in Deku and All Might's profiles?

No Reppuzan, it doesn't explicitly states anything. You just showed me a panel taken out of context, Which even if we accepted, would only give Resistance to a very specific type of power absorption.

@Dziga

We have an explicit statement from All Might and feats from the Stain arc as well as All For One's inability to nip the problem at the source.

Resistance is fine. You're clamoring like I'm trying to add "Immunity" onto the profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back