• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Minor" Mihawk > Shanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monkey what happened to you
Nothing... You should be telling that to yourself
You have to be joking
No.
You think Mihawk enjoyed the challenge of that fight? bro all he says is he should go train and try and beat him lmao

💀

He enjoyed that fight, yes.
0051-019.png
0052-017.png

You guys are acting ignorant for bs reasons, you know what I mean via saying east blue zoro...

Ok... First of all, that's referencing old shanks... When they dueled and then it has nothing to do with strength but swordsmanship as that's what the whole text is talking about
he wants someone that can surpass shanks because... shanks literally lost his arm, therefore half his striking power, blocking power, a shit ton of 2 handed sword techniques, so now and it's not fair, so it's not fun...? there's a reason it's an emphasis on world's STRONGEST swordsman because being strong is a part of being good with swords

He enjoyed that fight, yes.
0051-019.png
0052-017.png

You guys are acting ignorant for bs reasons, you know what I mean via saying east blue zoro...
bro he's not enjoying the battle he thinks it's cool that Zoro is an honorable swordsman and thinks he has potential lmfao

enjoying himself =/= enjoyed the fight

he wants someone that can surpass shanks because... shanks literally lost his arm, therefore half his striking power, blocking power, a shit ton of 2 handed sword techniques, so now and it's not fair, so it's not fun...? there's a reason it's an emphasis on world's STRONGEST swordsman because being strong is a part of being good with swords
Literally stated even tho he lost his arm, he lost no strength or something

Shanks currently is literally stronger than when he was dueling with mihawk
bro he's not enjoying the battle he thinks it's cool that Zoro is an honorable swordsman and thinks he has potential lmfao

enjoying himself =/= enjoyed the fight
He still enjoyed it but I guess it wasn't fully via swords skills... So sure

can anyone corroborate this
I'll let someone else do this (or I'll do it later), too tired to do it currently... But him not having that in his profile's weakness section supports that it's true
IMG_20220312_192509.jpg

One of the "Four Emperors" who reign in the "New World. Once an apprentice to Roger's pirates, he later went head-to-head with "Hawk-Eye" and eventually became an equal to "Whitebeard".

Relative… Yes, then I can name also whitebeard aswell who he could’ve went after if it was about strength
Sheer cope. Bigger Mom can't oneshot Kid, Shanks can oneshot Kid despite Killer jumping in between them, and Kid and Killer both couldn't move at all after.

Sheer cope. Bigger Mom can't oneshot Kid, Shanks can oneshot Kid despite Killer jumping in between them, and Kid and Killer both couldn't move at all after.
It’s stated and or showed all emperors are relative, you the one coping

Shanks not losing strength from losing an arm doesn't mean that Mihawk isn't the strongest swordsman.

They've fought in the past. Like 10 years ago. Just because they were never able to settle a definitive winner does not mean that one is not stronger than the other.

For example, Kuzan and Sakazuki fought for 10 days straight until one of them emerged as the victor. If they stopped fighting at 5 days or 8 days, they would not have found out that Sakazuki was stronger. Who's to say this wasn't the case for Mihawk and Shanks.

You can't even use the argument that the "World's Strongest Swordsman" title is one given by society in the One Piece world, and thus isn't legitimate, because there are several sources from Oda himself which include Vivre Cards, Databooks, Magazines, etc. that reiterate that Mihawk is the Strongest Swordsman in the World in BOTH name AND reality.

There is nothing ambiguous about Mihawk being above Shanks. It's just a matter of when people accept this fact.

Last edited:
I was going to say people who think Shanks isn't a swordsman and is relative/equal to/above Mihawk need a brain transplant immediately, but I might get reported lol

I don't think that saying that the two are relative is a bad take, as that just means that they're somewhat similarly strong.

Can literally anyone tell me why Mihawk didn't want to keep fighting Shanks if Shanks lost no power or skill from losing his arm? Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back