• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Master Chief Revisions and Upgrades

So some new calculations and such have come in, from yours truly. Here

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:VersusJunkie54/Halo,_Master_Chief_feat_compilatio

Revisions

Suitless Master Chief

First off, this should be a separate key.

New stats: Wall level, for being presumably much stronger than his 14 year old self who preformed both of these feats directly after receiving his augmentations)

Speed: Subsonic, preformed directly after receiving his augmentations, and it was stated that he'd get faster as he aged.

Lifting Strength, Class 5, we now have a defined value of 1.61 tons.

Armored Master Chief.

Small Building level+, Possibly higher Based off the accepted Mid-End of the calculation that was preformed in a set of armor 2 generations out of date, so his newest suit should logically be considerably stronger than his MkV., higher with Damage boost (Applies to all forms of weapons, increasing their potency considerably)

Speed: Supersonic Combat Speed and Reactions, higher with Cortana, Cortana helped him react to a projectile that would otherwise be too fast for him to react to normally, higher with speed amps

Durability: Small Building level+, Possibly higher for physical armor, for his current suit being significantly more powerful than his Mk5, witch withstood an explosion this strong, Building level with shields. Master Chief tanked the Fuel-Rod Cannon in his Mk6 armor, and his Mk7 is more powerful. This rating is because the calc for the Fuel Rod Cannon itself is laughably close to 8-C anyways)

Also, Invincibility should scale to the Scarab beam.

For suitless John, 1.61 tons is Class 5 as opposed to Class 1 actually, so that's a slight upgrade. Where did Subsonic+ combat speed for suitless John come from? Subsonic via dodging stun rounds is good, but 55 m/s is only Subsonic. That was with Mjolnir John reacted to the Scorpion rocket, but Supersonic Combat speed and reactions, Higher with Cortana is good for speed.

I mentioned it on another thread, but I personally don't think an at least is necessary for suitless John's tier. Sure he's much stronger than his teenage self, but it's still heavily implied that this would have killed John if he didn't have Mjolnir armor. Nothing against it, but still feel it's unnecessary. For Small Building level+ likely higher, that's good.

IIRC, Reppuzan wanted Invincibility removed due to it not being "Standard Equipment." Though I can agree it would scale to Scarab. Scarab does have a fairly good 8-B calc, but the 8-A one made a while back is kinda bad. Really would have been safer to use Titanium values.

@KarmodF, we went over that thing about invulnerability here. Invincibility is not true invulnerability; especially since it cannot be assumed to save them from 3-A attacks.

@DDM.

1.61 is Class 5? Ah, I see.

Subsonic+ comes from the calc. You saw it didn't you?

Fine, but it should be noted that he'd be considerably stronger than his teenage self.

That landing feat is merely a low-end. And we'll be going with Possibly Higher for Small Building level+

Baseline Building level with shields, since his Mk7 is more powerfull than his Mk6 MJOLNIR

Yeah, it's Class 5.

Oh yeah, I saw it, but Bean Bag round page on Wikipedia says nothing about stun guns; it's talking about shotguns actually. However, I found an article about Stun rounds here; and it says 180 feet/s which is equal to 54.864 m/s. Using the 1.5x calc in the blog, that would be 82.296 m/s.

I know the landing feat is a lowend feat, but it's still something Johnson and the other Marines were freaking out about. And yes, possibly Higher for Small Building level+ is good. Just saying the landing feat is still something he required Mjolnir to do is all. We can still add justifications that his adult self should be much stronger than his teenage self.

Baseline Building level with shields is also good, yes since Fuel Rod Cannon is literally a hair away from that, and MkVII > MkVI.

@DDM

You can say that to "debunk" any Invincibility ability for any character like Samus and Pit, Invincibility doesnt break canon even if we consider it to be like that, just a powerup wich stopped to be used since Halo 3.

Pit doesn't have Invulnerability listed on his profiles powers and abilities section, and neither does Samus really. It's more like Barrier creation and Intangibility for Pit, and Samus also has similar things. Even with Invincibility, John can still get hurt from melee attacks and vehicle crashes, so it's actually not invulnerability at all.

Mario and Sonic had invulnerability removed for similar reasons.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Halo Invincibility not not true invincibility, period.
I think a not was enough.

Anyways If we arent gonna used it as Physical Invulnerability then it should just be used as a Higher since the only data about it is that it provides Invulnerability as the use, not that it scales to Low 7-C based off the Scarabs.

We do know that Invincibility makes the user able to tank virtually anything in the game of Halo 3, including direct hits from the Scarab beam. So yes, it should scale.

Whatever, just basing from feats and the statement.

Also can we talk about how an ODST Team that defeated a Scarab and a large group of Covenants with just a Warthog and improvised equipment? Thats quite the feat, they should deserve a profile.

The scarab has 2 notable calcs; the 8-B one looks fine, but the "Low 7-C" (which is actually 8-A because it took two hits to perform that feat so Fan divided it in half) seemed iffy. However, I recalc'd it as 8-A here.

And yes, the ODST Team took down Scarab using a Ghost, not a Wraith actually. And yes, they did so my bombarding its pressure points. The individuals may get profiles at some point, and they'll scale to other ODST soldiers who are Street level physically but Wall level durability with their armor.

I suppose that the changes that Medeus accepted seem fine.

@KarmodF, that calc is just for the durability of the Lekgolo legs to survive the reentry fall. Nothing to do with the laser attacks.

In Halo Wars 2 both a UNSC and Banished Scarab are able to trade blows with each other, like the fact that they ar comparable is pretty obvius, I guess.

Except Scarabs the actual body of the scarabs is less durable than the legs; especially with all the pressure points over it. Also, using RTS's to scale is often a bad idea; James Raynor can trade blows with Battlecruisers in StarCraft.

Scarab bodies should be as durable as their legs tbh, they use the same amount of lekgolo and armor, it would be weird to have the legs above the actaul plating, not to mention that the 8-A feat supports it quite well, the scale is not based on something hypotetical, they send a Condor to fight a Scarab in the last mission, they trading blows is 100% canon to the mission.

Arent all "fall from a great distance" feats taken into account for general dura? I mean we rate John as 9-B for that and many other characters, the Scarab should be no exception.

Human legs are stronger and more durable than the torso, and makes sense since they're designed to support all the weight. Also, the body of the scarab is covered in pressure points to the point where even 9-A to 8-C weapons can wear them down. All going by words spoken by FanofRPGs in that blog.

And not everybody lands on their legs though; also, everybody who's normal human or above has Street level durability in their legs are bare minimum. Suitless John still has other 9-B feats so that's not the only reason technically speaking. Also, durability of a biological lifeforms and vehicles have different rules and/or standards. Humans still feel pressure on their organs when they take a great fall and land on any part for that matter, where as vehicles don't really have organs. Windows and windshields of cars don't scale to the durability of their engines.

Edit: I'm going to get some sleep, will be back tomorrow though.

Now can we apply the changes now? It's pretty strsightforward and if we wait for more staff imput, that will just cause uneeded delay to the revisions themselves. I guess I'll start applying them.

Also, thoughts on my Cortana profile?

The changes to John's profile are good, just don't forget to update the characters who scale to him as well.

Cortana's profile looks alright so far, did do a bit of profile clean up. There may need to be updates between John and Cortana though; Cortana's abilities shouldn't really be on John's profile aside from being listed/linked under equipment iirc.

Back