• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we would have to determine which DC Comics profiles that would scale, and scale them accordingly.

Not necessarily. And Superman seems to likely be back mostly to normal now.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
I can get Kal-El and all, I'm just finding it hard to believe that post FP Bruce is stronger then his post crisis part
It doesn't matter what you find hard to believe. If FP has better feats and isn't stated to be weaker than Post-Crisis, FP is stronger.

I'm very sorry if that sounded harsh. That wasn't my intention. My point is just that if FP has feats to suggest he's stronger, and PC lacks statements to suggest he is, then we go with FP being stronger. Regardless if that seems weird to you. There are plenty of stats here I find very odd, that I have to concede to since the evidence points towards it.

Could someone show scans of Batman's condition after the school blew up, as well as scans of the actual explosion? The ones in OP don't work and depending on the type of explosion it may not be necessary to frag the entire school.

Batman's condition is relevant too, as if this nearly or completely destroyed his armor then people who merely hurt him would only be scaled as "at most" since their level of damage was nowhere near that of the explosion's.

I would also appreciate help with more scans.

So they did not withstand the explosion point blank? Just a small part of the shockwaves? In that case, we might have to remove the feat.

Well, perhaps LordXcano can calculate the feat?

That seems more unreliable. If we were not shown outright that he withstood the shot, it seems far more likely that he entirely or partially dodged it.

@Antvasima

There's no reason to assume he dodged it when we clearly see Batman groaning under rubble. Going by what we have it seems safe to assume he was shot.

I do not think that we can draw such conclusions, no. It seems more likely that he dodged the shot itself, but had part of the building that it hit fall on him.

How can you assume that he dodged it? All that we see is the cannon firing and Batman under rubble. The bullet hit the ground, not the building also.

The point is that we cannot assume anything, as we do not have enough visual information. We have to go by explicit feats, not ones that could have played out several numbers of ways. Sorry.

Having a protagonist or a villain avoid certain death by simply skipping to show any specifics of their escape is a common comicbook trope.

I'm simply making the most safe assumption here. Batman was under the tank's direct aim and the tank shot, and Batman is shown groaning under rubble from an explosion that hit the ground. The least amount of assumptions dictate that he was shot.

No, he could easily have been hit by the shockwave and falling debris. If he was shot, did he have a huge part of his costume torn off for example?

I am very busy, so I would prefer if you focus on more reliable feats.

Ant is right, to an extent. He obviously wasn't hit directly as the shot itself is too high up to hit Batman head-on, but I do believe he was hit with a good bit of the explosion.

Regardless, a very high Wall/Small Building dura for N52 Batman isn't all that unreasonable. He has several feats near that. Notably:

However, this should really only be his suit's durability. As two of those feats above show, it's entirely possible to damage Batma without really damaging his armor. And plus, pretty much all of his feats are wall level.

Okay. What about the initially mentioned explosion feat?

It hasn't been linked yet so I don't know. The one Peter provided was for the explosion with Harley Quinn.

As for now the only thoughts I can provide on the school one is that given that the school seems to be both abandoned and made of old wood its likely the explosion wouldn't need to be small building level to destroy it. Bringing down a building only requires you knock out the support which becomes a lot easier when said support is likely rotting.

Okay. What values do we get for the explosion featuring Harley Quinn?

LordXcano said:
It hasn't been linked yet so I don't know. The one Peter provided was for the explosion with Harley Quinn.

As for now the only thoughts I can provide on the school one is that given that the school seems to be both abandoned and made of old wood its likely the explosion wouldn't need to be small building level to destroy it. Bringing down a building only requires you knock out the support which becomes a lot easier when said support is likely rotting.
It has, the calc which dark made, uses the same school in my link

@Pete These two are the same building/feat? Okay, then yeah. Same thoughts pretty much. Batman and Deathstroke weren't near the explosive, as we don't see these presents in any panel with them fighting. And the last explosion seems to just knock out one of the building's floors rather than the entire thing since we can see the roof caving in right afterwards.

Can you calculate the required durability to withstand the blast?

No, I don't know where the presents/explosives are in relation to Batman and Deathstroke other than "not in the room they're in".

Okay, but it should not exceed 9-A then? Is anybody interested in removing the feat from the Post-Flashpoint Batman page? Are there any other profiles scaled from him that also need to be adjusted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back