• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Dark Souls Character Clean up and revisions

I'm against Type 5 for Everlasting Dragons.

Also, Lautrec can contend with mid-game Chosen so I wouldn't scale to 8-B needlessly. Unless we wanna give him two keys.

Question. what type of immortality should Aldia have?

Also where does Seath get his High regen with the Crystal?

Describe Aldia's Immortality. I've never played DS2.

I honestly expected this to get contested earlier, but I took Seath Type 8 with the Crystal specifically being said to heal off all injuries as being a suggestion of it. Seath is stated to be unable to die due to the Crystal's passive healing. I'll admit it might be a bit of a stretch and I wasn't too certin of it myself so if we need to lower it, alright.

I've just remembered something. Dark souls actually does have things with negative resistance to elemental and physical attacks. So I actually would be fine with Ceaseless having straight resistance to lightning and magic rather than minor resistance like I earlier thought.

Aldia's implied to have escaped the cycle with his experiments, beating him in the end doesn't actually kill him.

Yeah, High regen seems like a stretch, especially since he hasn't actually shown it besides instant regen. I can see it somewhere in High-Mid to Low-High.

I guess that sounds kinda like Type 5.

• Deathless Immortality: Characters who exist unbound by conventional life or death, or do not exist at all, and thus cannot be traditionally killed. Typically, abilities such as Existence Erasure are needed to destroy them.
EDIT: I guess it could also just be Type 1, but escaping the cycle seems closer to 5.

I like the sounds of Low-High.

Everlasting Dragons existed even before the cycle so I don't know why they shouldn't get Type 5 as well.

True Everlasting Dragons from before the First Flame sure.

EDIT: Do we still need to come to a consensus on Ceaseless or can I go and add me additions?

I think a very fast acting low-mid or mid regen for Seath would be better. There's no proof that he can regen from body parts, but he can regen from many head shots from man sized arrows and spells at the very least.

That's High-Low (unless I got them flipped, high-low is the one below low-mid right, having dyslexia sucks)

I don't remember his tail regening, or the Crystal itself prevents his tail from getting cut off?

Now I'm trying to think which is more inconsistent. Seath not being able to regrow his tail (so he has mid-low regen), or him being able to regen Low-mid damage like a soul spear blasting through his head. On one hand he can't regrow his tail, on the other hand Dark souls 1 blew its budget hard before they even got to Seath, and the tail's cut health bar is separate from Seath's so it could be a gameplay mechanic.

Keeweed said:
That's High-Low (unless I got them flipped, high-low is the one below low-mid right, having dyslexia sucks)
No that's me. I can't seem to keep the regen levels straight to save my life. Low-Mid regens limbs, High-Low regens digits and facial features. I'm pretty sure all tailed characters in DS currently have High-Low cause they get their tails back between boss fights. If that's gameplay mechanics we should probably figure that out.

EDIT: Ceaseless is done by the way.

There is a boss (the rotten) that regrows his arms mid boss fight, so maybe the high-low regen for the bosses that can regen their tails out side of boss fights is just non combat applicable. Seath's regen with the crystal being beneath the rotten seems pretty ridiculous considering Seath is stated to be unkillable due to his regen while that boss can just be punched like most other bosses. Low-Mid seems more consistent for Seath. Though we could have his regen be at least Mid-Low, probably Low-Mid.

Also thanks for the help on Ceaseless

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
No that's me. I can't seem to keep the regen levels straight to save my life. Low-Mid regens limbs, High-Low regens digits and facial features. I'm pretty sure all tailed characters in DS currently have High-Low cause they get their tails back between boss fights. If that's gameplay mechanics we should probably figure that out.
Oh my god, I mixed them up while ******* talking about it! I meant they have Low-Mid for regening tails. I think a Non-combat applicable Low-Mid sounds alright considering a tail is a pretty big limb.

Seath should have Low-Mid at a minimum though for the Crystal I think. Maybe Low-Mid, possibly Mid?

It doesn't really matter how big the limb is. Only the head will give you mid results (low-mid to mid regen depending on how bad the injury is) due to the brain. All other limbs give you low regen (mid-low to high-low depending on the limb). I think an extremely fast acting low-mid at least for Seath works.

I mean if you can regen from having your brain pierced (assuming we take that as what's actually happening when you have arrows inside your skull) mid is justifiable.

Question, does the Crystal prevent his tail from getting cut off? If yes, Low-mid. likely Mid is probably justifiable.

Mid regen has always confused me. We have characters get their brain literally impaled and have low mid regen while we have a character get shot to the head have mid only to have another character shot to the head have low mid. Seath seems to have more of a reason for mid considering how large some of the arrows and spells are (and spells like crystal soul spear are stated to pierce and are man sized).

Steven Pogi Paitao said:
Question, does the Crystal prevent his tail from getting cut off? If yes, Low-mid. likely Mid is probably justifiable.
I've just looked it up, as far as I can tell you need to break the crystal to have his tail cut off.

Welp, then At Least Low-Mid, possibly Mid seems fine unless there's another feat.

You can cut off Seath's tail (that's how you get the Moonlight Greatsword), we were talking about if you can do that while the crystal is active.

He was referring to the crystal preventing the tail getting cut in the first place I think.

I know.

What I was neverous about if the tail cut would limit Seath's regen to mid-low, but you cannot even cut it off due to the regen.

Exactly

You can't cut if off due to the regen.

It never reaches the point where Low-Mid would become necessary

So do you think he should have Mid-Low regen due to regenerating stabs to his lower body or High-Low regen due to scaling to the Rotten's regen? (Also the tail cut wasn't why I was arguing for low-mid, I was arguing for low-Mid because you can headshot him with Dragonslayer arrows and spells like Crystal Soul Spear and he still regens the damage)

Ok so what regen should Seath have. Monarch hasn't said what level of regen he thinks it should be yet, I think, at the very least, it is going to be high-Low due to being superior to the Rotten's.

Consideing both Greatbows can be gotten long before Seath (Dragonslayer GB is gotten right after OS) and you could actually get Seath through the head with several Dragonslayer Arrows, Mid is the lowest his regen should be.

I just looked at the regen levels again; Seath is going to be at least low-Mid no matter what since regening arms is actually low-mid and Seath's regen is vastly superior to The Rotten's. Now I realize low regen is literally beyond worthless.

Seath should have a few powers.

Biological Manipulation is obvious, as his sorceries led to the creation of numerous lifeforms (the snake-women and the moonlight butterfly). He'd also likely have Soul Manipulation regardless, as said Moonlight Butterfly's soul states "Special beings have special souls. The butterfly's soul is a creation of Seath the Scaleless." So that ability at least is solid.

I dunno about Stat Amping but he should also have Power Bestowal, as he created the ember which allows crystal weapon creation. He should also probably get the abilities of his creations, though that's speculation and really isn't concrete in any way.

Back