• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Dark Souls Character Clean up and revisions

The powers and abilities are fine.

Though, as discussed with Bambu, I think all characters who use soapstone should get limited summoning. Its combat applicable uses may not be as useful as one might think, but it is still an ability soapstone users have.

Also, I think red eye orb should grant dimensional travel, as should Nito, as he could send his followers to other worlds to spread death.

Also also, all creators of rings should get power bestowal. Can't list them all right now but a few at the top of my head would be Gwynevere, Gwyn, and Gwyndolin.

So, assuming the people that only added and didn't say "I hate this destroy it" are supportive...

Support: Myself (duh), Ovens, Monarch, Wokistan, Keeweed, DMUA (He only said "nice" so I dunno if I'd count him).

Either way that's Monarch and Wok, so two staff members. Feel like this is fine to apply.

>Monarch and Wok

You're there too Bambu. This is why people think you're non-staff smh.

This is the second best thing I could have woken up to today! So excite! I'll get started on the changes in a few minutes.

Keeweed said:
(note: Priscilla isn't effected by this as the game states "Even the Gods feared Priscilla's lifehunt ability, and in the hands of a mortal, its power will turn upon its wielder." and Priscilla is half immortal due to her dragon side)

It also mentions that the bleed is its power turning on the user due to being mortal.
But it causes the user to bleed; what power would that fall under then?

The problem though is it's not an ability Pricilla can use and it doesn't affect her. At best it's a unique ability of the Scythe in '''other people's hands'''.

But that's why the scythe bleeds the opponent for the same reason it bleeds users other than Priscilla. It's the ability not that the weapon is sharp. The dagger you get from her tail also bleeds people because of Lifehunt.

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I was trying to think of the best thing to say while not sounding like a d*ck. I think it should probably still be blood manipulation since it causes bleed, but I'll wait to see what others think. Maybe I'll make another thread for it?

The gods don't usually have regen in dark souls so I don't see why they would fear it if it just negated regen.

So I don't think exessive bleeding effects necessarily needs to affect the blood at all. What it needs do is cause the body to not heal properly, making wounds remain open longer then normal or similar effects. And I think the bleed bar could be interpreted as something akin to natual regen/healing.

But you don't bleed until the bar completely fills and that doesn't explain how it causes the user to bleed. Which in the quote I posted above is the Lifehunt power backfiring on the user because they aren't immortal.

I dunno. I still don't think she has blood manip but if a bunch of other members disagree with me then lets change it. On another note I just discovered Ceaseless suddenly has a page and is missing a few things, namely -

Notable Attacks/Tecniques:

• Physical Attacks: Due to his twisted nature, Ceaseless' body is constantly on fire and emmiting magma
  • Fiery Slam: When his opponent is out of melee range, he will fire off a large cone of flame
  • Burning Slam: Ceaseless will first ignite his fist and then slam it onto his opponent.
Bed of Chaos also has a page now, but I'll need more time to work on that one.

EDIT: I also propose we change Ceaseless' pic to Ceaseless Discharge 01

I was actually thinking about that picture when I made the profile so changing it would be fine. I looked at his magic resistance and it was closer to the creatures that have a weakness to magic and same thing with lightning. Mind and Soul resistance is fine. His speed should honesty be below average human, superhuman speed by sheer size doesn't apply here because he's shown to be slow.

>6-B Bed of Chaos

Hmm... Considering the fact that Bed of Chaos birthed the Demon Prince, who later fought Lorian, I'm inclined to believe that she should be scaled higher. Plus, her page should have two keys, one of them being Witch of Izalith.

In addition, the Chaos Flame was compared to the First Flame, so I don't know how that would be treated.

Honestly think that all Lord Soul bearers should be 4-C but I'll see what others think first.

Keeweed said:
I was actually thinking about that picture when I made the profile so changing it would be fine. I looked at his magic resistance and it was closer to the creatures that have a weakness to magic and same thing with lightning. Mind and Soul resistance is fine. His speed should honesty be below average human, superhuman speed by sheer size doesn't apply here because he's shown to be slow.
My only problem with that is in Dark Souls 1 nobody actually has a weakness stat, just weaker resistance stats. The fact that they have resistance stats at all, in my mind at least, equates to a resistance on some level. Some times the resistance is so minimal it just doesn't really matter. Ceaseless' resistance are actually on par with most other bosses minus fire which is infinate

I laughed my ass off when I saw he had infinite fire resistance

I would say minor resistance to lightning and magic would be best then considering how much focus they put on his fire resistance.

He's not the only one

I guess. I just like having all the resistances all neatly ordered together in one line.

EDIT: Though tbf his resistances are similar to, if not higher the, bosses on similar levels.

That more seems to say something about those bosses than Ceaseless. Now if there was an enemy that uses lightning with a lightning resistance around 200 I would say that they probably do resist lightning, but lightning creatures usually have a lightning resistance around 700-800 like the lightning drakes and; Kalameet for some reason.

Kalameet just likes to feel special

What I'm saying though is just having a resistance stat means you have a resistance. It could be a really good resistance or a really shit resistance, but it's still a resistance.

Feels weird to have everlasting dragon resist lightning but Kalameet says hi so I'll just say Ceaseless having lightning and magic resistance is fine.

I personally think it's not so much that the Everlasting Dragons are weak to lightning as they are weak to having their scales blasted off which lightning is good at doing.

True.

Also what are your thoughts on Everlasting Dragons having deathless immortality? It was stated that before the flame, there was no disparity and thus, nothing could "die". There were no extreme ends of the spectrum because there was no spectrum to begin with.

To be honest anything before the flame was stated to be grey, I think this is a literal metaphor for how life and death kinda stagnated and everything was technically both. Regardless we have feats of Everlasting Dragons being immortal even after the flame, as Nito had to actually instill death into them before they could die.

Back