• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Might Guy's and Rock Lee's at least 5x Multiplier With Gates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jvando

VS Battles
Retired
Pretty simple.

According to this scan:

E04C08FB-B488-4065-87CA-6FD18A3967D3
The Gate of Opening Gives the user 100% from 20% of their muscular strength by overriding the safety feature of the brain. This means the user gains a 5x increase to strength and speed, exemplified by when Guy states "...The release of enough muscle power to enable the user to perform a series of grueling and demanding tasks at incredible speed...Pushing his own body to the limits of safety and beyond..."

Basically, with this scan, those who use the Gates have at least a 5x Speed and Strength increase with the later Gates showing more speed and power but to an unquantifiable extent (they don't give multipliers for the Gates after the Gate of Opening).

How this applies to Guy and Lee
We know that you have to open the Gates in order so, whenever Guy or Lee have used the gates above the Gate Of Opening, we know that the 1st gate is open as well.

Some Examples of this increase:

Chapter 258 when Guy is Facing 30% Kisame
He can't even match up to Kisame and is pegged pretty hard while in Base:

715163D4-D791-4938-84F8-7D1E05324CD6
E8EDF464-6709-4A4E-B59A-AD097AB04D08

Then, after he opens up until the 6th Gate, even Kisame comments on his speed:

BAC64565-BF6E-4721-86B3-F1EA844A95A9
DA9C7119-8867-4029-A4D2-B9633A21A7F2

Chapter 83-85 Lee vs Gaara
He is getting destroyed by Gaara:

3EC70692-3408-4C08-8B8B-6DC5FF9107EF
009B5D68-5CE3-47F7-8BB1-3912211D47C2

Then once Lee opens his gates, he basically Blitzes Gaara:

6E813B5C-5CEF-42E7-8A00-4401BC77C66A
3BDB7530-AE9C-4967-99C1-E9796845AB9B
5ECA83B1-1B37-4547-91A5-E5BF7A0E838B
4C961314-9088-4460-9689-C5C1E50924DF

Conclusion
From this, we can see that the multiplier makes sense and isn't contradicted in the story whatsoever so it should be taken into consideration.

Disclaimer: No, no one will become FTL with these multipliers and don't assume that's what I'm trying to propose.

well, first things first i suppose- this also applies to kakashi. all his forms from pts to current. now, i can tell we are amping speed based on said mutlipliers, but what about AP?

Interesting interesting. It looks fine and seems to have enough evidence

@Lorenzo Kakashi rarely uses the Gates tbh

AstralKing7 said:
Interesting interesting. It looks fine and seems to have enough evidence

@Lorenzo Kakashi rarely uses the Gates tbh
madara has only used wood clones once in the entire show, yet this is prolly the biggest arguement i hear when he gets into any battle ever. if he has it, he has it.

madara has only used wood clones once in the entire show, yet this is prolly the biggest arguement i hear when he gets into any battle ever. if he has it, he has it.

Kakashi is noted to use the gates already on his profile I believe. My point is that he doesn't use them at all tho in character.

Also no Madara actually used wood clones more than once my man

By the way, Might Guy's profile has 3 keys at the bottom, but four keys for his speed.

I agree someone forgot to add the 7th gate to his profile because st the top of it shows only 6th, 8th and Base

Also, the Eight Gates is said to make the user tens of times stronger than the Five Kage. (Whether it means the five kages collectively or just tens of times stronger than the level of the Five Kage is unclear I think).

tbf the 5x multiplier doest deal with the gokage. The 8 gates comment was in regards to the 8th gate specifically

It's did not say speed it said power strength which is different.For one this would only bea 5x power amp (not speed) for the first gate it would not apply to the other gates.We also know the second or the first I forget gates main function is to replishness your stamina to 100 percent which would in return justbring you back to your original strength plus the gate amp

bro it looks like everyone but you read the fine bold at the top in the bio where it literally says incredible speed and phyiscal strenght. You do know phyiscal strenght increases speed right?

All these scansare not quantifiable they are just abritrauy scans showing they get an unknown amount faster

leave. you obviously arent understanding the context. Muscle power= leg strenght= increased speed. Scans=proof. 5x increase in muscle power= 5 times increase in speed.

I think its literally impossible to explain this any simpler

did u even read it ? bold

Guy states "...The release of enough muscle power to enable the user to perform a series of grueling and demanding tasks at incredible speed...Pushing his own body to the limits of safety and beyond..."

y are u not reading the thread dude??? WHy are u literally ignoring where it said muscle power??? At this point your blanatly ignoring the context and evidence just to argue and to grasp

@Godlytae please read the post and thread

> We know that the gates give a boost in speed and power

> We know the boost is from 20% to 100%, that's 5 times

That's all we need really

@astralking7

That is now true.I can have greater leg strength than someone and be slower than someone.My sqaut could go up by 100 times and me be the same speed.

Yea its 5x power for the first gate.It does not say 5x speed those are two different things.Once again prove its linear

But it increases speed

And the increase is by 5 times

What's so hard to understand?

TataHakai said:
But it increases speed

And the increase is by 5 times

What's so hard to understand?

You would have to demonstrate that because Tae is saying that if only says that it increases power by 5x. Power doesn't correlate to speed at all.

I would have to demonstrate that how?

1. We literally see that speed increases with the gates, this is self explanatory

2. The lee vs gaara fight was literally about Lee opening the gates and then being too QUICK to be caught by lee, literally that was the point of opening the gates in the first place, to say only power increases is to genuienly be stupid (No offence but literally)

3. It literally says that gates allow you to do things at faster speeds, from 20% to 100%, that's 5x

It says speed is increased

And it says the boost is from 100% to 20%, you are unnecessarily nitpicking and ignoring important context that points far more towards one than the other, please stop derailing the thread with asinine points.

That not what it says.It says strength increases from 20% to 100%.Then it says speed goes up.It made a difference between power and speed and did not state 5x speed.So once again prove it goes up by a linear amount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back