• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto: 8 Gates Speed Multiplier Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it, either the multiplier page should be reworded and revised to accommodate situations like this. Or it's basically open season for a lot of verses that don't have direct statements but still uses multipliers

The way I see it, either the multiplier page should be reworded and revised to accommodate situations like this. Or it's basically open season for a lot of verses that don't have direct statements but still uses multipliers
What?

No.

Y’all just don’t understand the premise of the damn thread

If you want to revise the multiplier page, take it somewhere else. This isn't the thread for that.

I’m losing interest so explain what it entails while proving it amps speed linearly
muscularenergy.png

Running (speed) kicking (AP), muscular energy is your speed and power, your quickness and attack potency, etc etc.

If a person can run 5 times faster than they could before, then does that mean they can lift 5 times as much weight? And vice versa?

Nobody said it doesn’t amp speed, and it’s infuriating me that you guys are saying that I’m saying that it doesn’t
I'm not saying you meant it doesn't affect speed. I'm saying if it affects strength by X amount of time, then speed should be too. Cherry picking isn't the way to go.

This is why you got banned last time, now stop talking unless you got something of worth to add to this thread
What have I said here that is ban worthy. People can come here and insult and even make sexual jokes but me saying someone has a wrong motive for a downgrade is ban worthy?

If a person can run 5 times faster than they could before, then does that mean they can lift 5 times as much weight? And vice versa?
Nonsequitur

Muscular energy by definition is speed and power, so if its amped 5x uniformly (Lee isn't just increasing his chest muscles for bench, or just his quads for running), so 5x muscular energy is 5x speed and power.

What have I said here that is ban worthy. People can come here and insult and even make sexual jokes but me saying someone has a wrong motive for a downgrade is ban worthy?
Can you please stop talking, no one cares that you think KT is an evil biased staff, you're acting like Speedster. You're just annoying, people like you make me wanna quit the Naruto verse.

Nonsequitur

Muscular energy by definition is speed and power, so if its amped 5x uniformly (Lee isn't just increasing his chest muscles for bench, or just his quads for running), so 5x muscular energy is 5x speed and power.

Can you please stop talking, no one cares that you think KT is an evil biased staff, you're acting like Speedster. You're just annoying, people like you make me wanna quit the Naruto verse.
I will not derail any longer but I don’t care if you quit the verse it adds Nothing to me. Do you.

The Gates are never stated to be uniform increases. The 2nd Gate in fact specifically amps strength. There's nothing pointing towards both strength and speed being equally increased by the 1st Gate.

Multipliers come from direct statements instead of being reasoned from something else.
Exactly what people are doing in this thread to justify the multiplier😐

Are the gates directly stated to amp speed by five times? No? Well too bad, change the multiplier standards if you don't like it
For the record, I'm fully aware this applies to Bleach as well and I don't care

if physical limiters that previously restricted them to 1/5 of their physical potential was lifted why wouldn't it affect all stats? its not like a character getting 5x stronger and people assuming it must have affected speed too.

The Gates are never stated to be uniform increases. The 2nd Gate in fact specifically amps strength. There's nothing pointing towards both strength and speed being equally increased by the 1st Gate.
Tmk this has nothing to do with the 2nd gate? And Occam's Razor for the second point, if I said speed and power increased 5x, the simplest assumption would be speed 5x and AP 5x.

Are the gates directly stated to amp speed by five times? No? Well too bad, change the multiplier standards if you don't like it
What exactly does "directly" denote semantically 🤓

This comparison doesn't work. There needs to be a reason someone could suddenly run five times faster than before. Did he only train his muscles to do that? or did he only train his cardiovascular system to boost his muscle energy? If these two instances are the case, then it means muscle energy boost percentage doesn't correlate with speed boost percentage. But if you equally train your muscles, and cardiovascular system, then there's absolutely no reason to assume you wouldn't gain equal results from them. Might Guy and Lee are consistently shown equally training their muscles and cardio to boost their physicality, which boosts their stats. They don't perform only one type of exercise. If their muscle energy increases, then their speed also increases equally. Moreover, somebody already said this before, there is no antifeats for this. During Guy's final battle with Madara, he complimented both his speed and strength. If Guy's power was the only thing giving Madara trouble, then there's no need for him to complement his speed as well. Madara loves to pinpoint where exactly shinobi's strengths lie. He did it with Tsunade complementing her striking strength, and complementing the raikage for his speed. Tsunade lacked Ay's speed. and Ay, vice versa. Madara took notes on that.

Hell not only Bleach, Fairy Tail, Black Clover and One Piece will also easily be affected by this, this is insane lmfao

Other than Deceived, everybody in here is saying “it obviously amps speed because speed is involved in muscles”

There is no statement of speed being amped by 5.
Hell not only Bleach, Fairy Tail, Black Clover and One Piece will also easily be affected by this, this is insane lmfao
talking out of your ass we use like 2 multipliers that affect AP alone

Well I don’t have a bone in this argument but a 5x speed increase would actually result in a 25x power increase because Kinetic energy uses speed squared

If the statement is meant to be interpreted that they have 5x more power it is unlikely that speed was amped by 5x because they should be much stronger.

Well I don’t have a bone in this argument but a 5x speed increase would actually result in a 25x power increase because Kinetic energy uses speed squared

If the statement is meant to be interpreted that they have 5x more power it is unlikely that speed was amped by 5x because they should be much stronger.
You know the layperson definition of power is not the scientific definition of power right?

Your strength have little to no participation in your speed whatsoever, and it isn't proportional. Bro must think Usain Bolt could square up with anybody on the planet.
How fast you can punch is how hard you can punch and vise versa. The strength of a hit comes from mass and velocity. If the mass stays relatively the same, the thing changing to increase the power is the velocity.
No, I'm talking about how it's not linear

Horrifyingly shitty false equivalence
It's really not. We have direct evidence of the 6th and 8th Gate amping strength and speed linearly, and the difference between the Gates is how far your body is pushed with each subsequent one, it's not like SSJB and UI where the actual mechanics of the form change as you transition.

muscularenergy.png

Running (speed) kicking (AP), muscular energy is your speed and power, your quickness and attack potency, etc etc.

...no ******* way that's what you got from those.
Those are things you do with strength.

You run by applying your strength to the ground to move. How do you think muscles impact speed?
That doesn't mean "2x muscular energy = 2x speed".

You run by exerting the energy in your muscles to constantly move your body.

All because speed is involved (speed is involved in EVERYTHING), doesn't mean speed is the main thing being spoken about
One should also consider which statistic a multiplier applies to. If a character just gets 10 times more powerful, then that doesn't necessarily means that all of its statistics are multiplied by 10. For example could a fiction in principle have a character become a 10 times more dangerous fighter just by increasing his combat technique, with only minor increases in stats. A more classical scenario is one where a characters strength increases by some multiplier, but their speed is untouched.
I even thought it was a new argument

It's really not. We have direct evidence of the 6th and 8th Gate amping strength and speed linearly, and the difference between the Gates is how far your body is pushed with each subsequent one, it's not like SSJB and UI where the actual mechanics of the form change as you transition.
More of the Gates is just increasing the amp, it's not making the properties of the form different (I guess with the exception of the 2nd Gate which has an extra ability in the form of healing). We know the 1st Gate increases your muscular energy/chakra by 5x, leading to a great increase in strength and speed, not really distinguishable which one is affected more. We know the 6th Gate amps your abilities exponentially, not your strength, not your speed, but your abilities in general. We know the 8th Gate amps your physical abilities by dozens of times. It's just very consistent for the Gates to be a proportionate strength and speed amp.
Nothing you just said is proportional
All you said is that it amps them both

"Amps your abilities exponentially" does not mean amp your abilities to the same extent

"Amps your physical abilities by dozens of times" does not mean "amps each physical ability to the same extent"

Like you're just providing a bullshit interpretation then rolling with it as if it's the law

I even thought it was a new argument
You failed to address the argument. Muscular energy refers to your speed and strength from the energy within your muscles. By definition it means strength and speed (from your muscles), so by definition increasing the available muscular energy 5x, would increase the speed and strength you can exert with your muscles by 5x.

This isn’t a vague statement like “his fighting strength increased 5x”, it’s literally saying his muscular energy, which the definition of which is just speed and strength from muscles, increased 5x. You’ve dismissed the argument without addressing or debunking the definition. It’s not that speed is loosely involved, speed and strength make up the term by definition. That’s the crux of Deceived’s argument.

You’re arguing muscular energy isn’t speed and strength from muscles and rather that it’s some thing that’s loosely connected to speed. That’s not the case, muscular energy is just as connected to speed as strength. Conceding to a 5x strength amp from the phrase would inherently concede to a 5x speed amp. You can’t do either or, it’s both or none. This is because muscular energy is strength and speed from your muscles.

Nothing you just said is proportional
All you said is that it amps them both

"Amps your abilities exponentially" does not mean amp your abilities to the same extent
It's saying his abilities are amped exponentially with the 6th Gate, meaning it's (Guy's abilities) x (exponential amount), or in other words, his abilities as a whole are amped by an amount. If it wanted to separate them it would've given a different word for one of them. Then it'd be (Guy's AP) x (larger exponential amount) and (Guy's speed) x (smaller exponential amount). Something like "It works by exponentially increasing all of Guy's abilities, and increasing his strength to an incomprehensible level." That sounds like a pedantic argument, but if the word exponential had been replaced with say 30x, then it would be as clear as ice, and there's no real difference besides the fact that exponential isn't giving a set value. It's still an all-around amp. "It works by opening up to six of the Eight Gates and increasing Guy's abilities by 30x." Like if you're looking at this you wouldn't question if it's the same amp to strength and speed. So why does the value not being given change the equation? The word exponential is like an x-factor in the equation but it doesn't change the general structure. From 10(30)+10(30) to 10x+10x.
"Amps your physical abilities by dozens of times" does not mean "amps each physical ability to the same extent"
First of all, the same argument as above applies. The amp is being applied to Guy's physical abilities as an entity, it's not applying amps to each of Guy's components. And secondly, the fact that the amp is several dozen times for all of Guy's physical abilities on its own supports them being close to each other. The range of several dozen isn't that large. Even if Guy's speed was amped by 3 dozen times (minimum of several) while his strength was amped by 6-7 dozen times (which I'd argue is near the top of what you could consider "several"), the strength to speed ratio is still quite close. So even if you call the above argument an attempt at fancy schmancying the same thing I've already said (even though it's not), this still exists.

I find myself in agreeance with GokuSparkle. Either keep or get rid of both. Muscular energy being 5x doesn't mean you can punch 5x stronger. The same thing applies with speed. Here's the thing, we can use our brain to know what the author is implying. There is a clear implication that when muscular energy is multiplied by 5, so is their physical stats. This includes both strength and speed. However if we are taking the literal route than both shouldn't be valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back