• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MHA Ability Revisions

So MHA just got massive buffs in their stats, and I noticed that there were many abilities missing. I’ll mark down all the abilities that each character needs:

Incomplete Shigaraki:

Resurrection
(Can revive himself from biological death via sheer hatred)

Complete Shigaraki:

Biological Manipulation
, Life Manipulation (Conjured members of his family out of his own growths)

Enhanced Air Manipulation (Can casually unleash massive shockwaves, even without a quirk)

All For One:

Causality Manipulation
(With Eri’s power in the Rewind Drug, he can reverse causality)

Empowerment (Grows stronger as he gets younger)

Regeneration (At least Mid-High, possibly Low-Godly. Capable of regenerating after being turned to ash by Endeavor. Implied to be unkillable and capable of regenerating from all damage as long as the drug is active)

Immortality (Type 3 and 8) for reasons above

Non-Physical Interaction (Can see the past vestiges of One For All, and even interact with them)

Multilocation (Exists simultaneously within both Shigaraki and his main body. His vestige can appear in those who don’t even have All For One, such as Number 6)

Resistance
to Vibration Manipulation (Is unaffected by Jirou’s massive vibrations, which are powerful enough to shatter rock formations)

Dabi:

Energy Manipulation
, Explosion Manipulation, and Self-Destruction (Can produce a massive explosion after condensing thermal energy within his body and releasing it upon his death)

Passive Temperature Manipulation (The heat of his attacks is so powerful that it forms a dome around him)

Limited Weather Manipulation (Along with Shoto and Endeavor, they caused a massive storm to emerge over Japan with the heat of their attacks)

Limited Magma Manipulation (Can cause beams of magma to erupt from the ground with the heat of his attacks)

Shoto Todoroki:

Temperature Manipulation
, Fusionism (Can use Phosphor by creating a temperature equilibrium in his body, and combining the properties of his ice and his fire)

Fire Manipulation Negation (Phosphor can neutralize fire attacks in its vicinity)

Limited Weather Manipulation (Same reasons as Dabi)

Endeavor:

Breath Attack (Capable of breathing fire)

Energy Projection (Can condense his firepower into his eyes to launch scorching beams)

Limited Weather Manipulation (Same as above)

Uravity:

Telekinesis (Her quirk has awoken to the point that she can nullify one’s gravity without touching them)

Incomplete Shigaraki:

Resurrection: Seems fine to me.

Complete Shigaraki:

Biological Manipulation, Life Manipulation (This is body control and nothing suggest he was manipulating life or anything like that. He just made look-alikes out of his flesh. Limited Biological Manipulation may be fine, but I need more opinions)

Enhanced Air Manipulation: This seems fine to me, can just add it to his air manipulation section though.

All For One:

Causality Manipulation: That is the unofficial translation. This is the official translation.

Empowerment: This seems fine to me.

Regeneration: Sadly he was only charred and wasn't an actual ash pile, his body was still very much visible. Low-Godly is not acceptable either without feats.

Immortality (Type 3 and 8): It's weird to call this Immortality when he's eventually going to die. Not certain, but this seems like it could be alright?

Non-Physical Interaction: They never physically interacted with each other in the real world. Seeing each other isn't physical interaction.

Multilocation: No. All For One has a vestige just like everyone else, his vestige likely sticks with Quirks he keeps for a long enough time or maybe duplication. AFO can communicate with his vestige but he doesn't exist in two places. His Vestige is completely different and separated from him.

The two have conversations using Radio Waves and the vestige inside of Shigaraki is unaware of what's happening to Rewind AFO and vice versa currently.

Resistance to Vibration Manipulation: (This is not resistance, her vibrations just aren't strong enough to actual damage his body. Vibrations are still just kinetic energy that makes something move/vibrate. She just can't hurt him cause her vibrations aren't strong enough.

Dabi:

Energy Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation, and Self-Destruction: Can't believe I missed this, but it should be fine.

Passive Temperature Manipulation: Should be fine.

Limited Weather Manipulation: I don't know, it's not something he can do by himself.

Limited Magma Manipulation: That was his flames bursting out of the ground as pillars via his Hell Minefield attack.

Shoto Todoroki:

Temperature Manipulation, Fusionism: Limited fusionism at best, Temperature Manipulation seems fine.

Fire Manipulation Negation: Already gave him limited power negation for that.

Limited Weather Manipulation: Same reason I gave above.

Endeavor:

Breath Attack: Can't believe I forgot this, should be fine.

Energy Projection: This is just fire manipulation from his eyes.

Limited Weather Manipulation: Same reason I gave above

Uravity:

Telekinesis: No. Her gravity touch spreads like how Shigaraki's spread until we get told otherwise. She has no feats of telekinetically controlling anything.

Isn’t him getting stronger as he gets younger just a result of some of his older quirks returning?
His Quirks are stated to be unaffected by the Rewind. He's still using Quirk he only recently got like the Mud Warp (He stated it was new in Kamino) and Search.

It's the opposite of the original drug, which only rewind the Quirk and not the body.

Rewind AFO does not have his Prime Quirks or abilities.

Edit: AFO himself states the younger he gets the more power he can draw out of his Quirks.

Telekinesis: No. Her gravity touch spreads like how Shigaraki's spread until we get told otherwise. She has no feats of telekinetically controlling anything.
Yeah, I would say this was almost established. Since Toga couldn't create new clones with double to avoid the quirk, it tells us that as long as it's in contact with someone affected by "float" they'll also float.

His Quirks are stated to be unaffected by the Rewind. He's still using Quirk he only recently got like the Mud Warp (He stated it was new in Kamino) and Search.

It's the opposite of the original drug, which only rewind the Quirk and not the body.

Rewind AFO does not have his Prime Quirks or abilities.

Edit: AFO himself states the younger he gets the more power he can draw out of his Quirks.
I see, I forgot that part. Thanks for the correction.

Here is a very basic translation of the Japanese raw.

Seems like the official translation fits well, though we can have someone more knowledgeable take a look if you want.
Makes sense
Resistance to Vibration Manipulation: (This is not resistance, her vibrations just aren't strong enough to actual damage his body. Vibrations are still just kinetic energy that makes something move/vibrate. She just can't hurt him cause her vibrations aren't strong enough.
Shouldn’t AFO get a Sound Manip resistance then? Her vibrations also produce immense sound
Limited Magma Manipulation: That was his flames bursting out of the ground as pillars via his Hell Minefield attack.
Alright, but the ground still resembles magma due to its glowing cracks, so Dabi should still get it imo
Limited Weather Manipulation: I don't know, it's not something he can do by himself.
While it was the combination of all 3 of the Todoroki’s efforts, they should still individually scale on a weaker level. The way I see it, Dabi could still change the weather with his attacks, but not to the same level as it was with the other 2 Todorokis

Looks like Rage Power.

According to Tsukauchi, Keigo reported that All For One de-aging increased his power, which All For One attributes to Tomura's hatred imprinting on his progressively younger, increasingly more impressionable mind, drawing out his latent potential through sheer wrath. (Also, Tsukauchi's "hero" name is "True Man"???)

or, has rage power been merged into empowerment yet?

Shouldn’t AFO get a Sound Manip resistance then? Her vibrations also produce immense sound

Alright, but the ground still resembles magma due to its glowing cracks, so Dabi should still get it imo

While it was the combination of all 3 of the Todoroki’s efforts, they should still individually scale on a weaker level. The way I see it, Dabi could still change the weather with his attacks, but not to the same level as it was with the other 2 Todorokis
Resistance to sound manipulation means sound is less effected on him than normal, which nothing points to. What exactly we suppose to expect from someone who doesn't have resistance? Sound Waves are still a force and don't mention hearing, AFO doesn't have ears and likely hears through some unknown Quirk.

AFO is just really durable, Jiro doesn't have dura negation nor showcases anything like that with her vibrations. If she had dura negating properties with sound, that'd be a different story, but she does not have such a thing.

Dabi or the others aren't actually manipulate anything, they just produce it as an unintended side effect. We don't give people Vibration Manipulation just from producing shockwaves as a side effect of their power, they have to use this ability for something.

Dabi isn't using or manipulating magma, his heat is hot enough to melt the ground. The same applies to the weather stuff, their heat can change the weather together, but they don't manipulate it. Unless they actually use the magma or weather they create for something, I don't think it should apply.

I know we shouldn't bring other verses into this discussion, but I've seen a lot of characters who can melt rock that don't have magma manipulation.

So I feel safe with saying the same with Dabi as well.

Last edited:
Also AFO should probably get the “seeing OFA vestiges” as part of his Enhanced Senses, since it’s pretty much seeing spirits

You need at least one staff member agreement if it's something uncontroversial before you can add it.

AFO's thing is special and not normal, it's due to OFA and AFO resonating with each other. Normally AFO cannot see them at all.

I'm not certain what to call that.

I agree with everything except afo vibration, am also a bit iffy on low godly regeneration.

Also, dabi having magma manipulation would fit just fine based on the way this wiki and others described it since we've seen dabi use this ability twice and when he did this the second time against endeavour, it seem rather casual or a side effect of his power + aoe.

As for limited weather manipulation, I think it should be changed to passive environmental destruction since what the todoroki's did match the description for environmental destruction.

{Environmental Destruction describes a character's capability to damage and destroy an area around themselves, but not necessarily their capacity to realistically harm their opponent. In practice, this is essentially a non-combat applicable Attack Potency; if a character is able to cause weather phenomena or natural disasters without any reasoning that can support their other statistics being at this level of destructive potency, then they should have trouble or lack the capacity to use these powers to damage characters in comparable tiers. }

Magma Manipulation is not alright whatsoever. Dabi never used it for anything, it just existed due to the fact his fire is really hot.

That's not manipulating magma, it's no different than someone blowing air and saying they should have air manipulation.

Not unless Dabi uses it for something, it cannot be labeled as anything.

"Life Manipulation is the ability to manipulate the life force that courses inside living beings or the very concept of life itself."

Where did Shigaraki do that? He just made his flesh look like his family members.

Causality Manipulation is a false translation, you either aren't reading the thread or ignoring this on purpose.

Environmental Destruction is not an ability, your point doesn't make much sense to me. What are you trying to say.

Magma Manipulation is not alright whatsoever. Dabi never used it for anything, it just existed due to the fact his fire is really hot.

That's not manipulating magma, it's no different than someone blowing air and saying they should have air manipulation.

Not unless Dabi uses it for something, it cannot be labeled as anything.

"Life Manipulation is the ability to manipulate the life force that courses inside living beings or the very concept of life itself."

Where did Shigaraki do that? He just made his flesh look like his family members.

Causality Manipulation is a false translation, you either aren't reading the thread or ignoring this on purpose.

Environmental Destruction is not an ability, your point doesn't make much sense to me. What are you trying to say.
You did not debunk the reason I pointed out on dabi having magma manipulation. What dabi did completely match what is written on this wiki. Literally your main reason for dabi not getting magma manipulation is due to the fact that it wasn't used on anyone.

In chapter 352, dabi was shown putting his hands on the ground when an eruption of magma came and burnin was shown to be hit in a side panel.

FYI, you are contradicting yourself. You specifically imply that dabi has magma manipulation in your comment, but you also said that he shouldn't have due to the fact that it didn't hit anyone. This is an illogical way of thinking since I don't remember vsb having such such a rules. Like if someone where to bring out a fireball from their hand, they wouldn't get fire manipulation because they didn't hit anyone.

Life Manipulation

I didn't mention anything on life manipulation due to me not noticing it or having any interest in debating on it. I agree with you on shigaraki not getting life manipulation. If I had seen it before or paid any interest to such ability I would have honestly disagree with it to.

Causality Manipulation

Well I didn't agree with the regeneration. Afo getting low godly regeneration/causality Manipulation is basically based on a 2 in 1 ability via rewind. Since am neutral on regen, am also gonna be neutral in causality manipulation. Atleast till I do more research on both abilities since am not always around.

Environmental destruction

What is there to not understand about the todoroki's getting environmental destruction via temperature manipulation.

What do you mean by environmental destruction is not an ability when it is listed on this wiki as one. Do you want me to post the page or what.

I honestly don't know how it is hard to grasp the simple concept of the todoroki's having environmental destruction given that what they did in the manga follows the description on what this wiki has on it page and I literally posted it out.

What am saying is pretty simple, the todoroki's should have environmental destruction on their profile for being able to a storm via temperature manipulation.

When I said Environment Destruction isn't an ability I meant an actual ability for the Power and Abilities section on a profile. We don't put that stuff in that section and someone would have to calc any rating for Environmental Destruction, as such I don't understand your reasoning.

However, this feat is impossible to calc due to them the fact that we don't know what they even did beyond making heat. Going by the scan they just made a lot of heat which ended up combining with an already existing tropical system, I dare to say they didn't actually make any clouds.

Dabi never shots out magma, he's shooting fire out of the ground, which is fire manipulation.

You're just misunderstanding what he does.

Dabi never creates magma from nothing, creating it from sheer heat isn't magma manipulation at all. Since he needs to... Manipulate Magma to count.

Ngl it feels weird that AFO’s Rewind regen only scales to Mid, even though the implications of it are way higher. I’ll do some searching and see if there’s feats that put it higher

ATM though, it would be nice if a staff member could read the thread and allow me to make the changes

Ngl it feels weird that AFO’s Rewind regen only scales to Mid, even though the implications of it are way higher. I’ll do some searching and see if there’s feats that put it higher
I personally believe in Low-Godly, however we can't add such a thing based on belief alone.

Maybe there can be an argument for High-Mid after all, since Endeavor confirmed the damage done to AFO with his attack was too much for Super Regeneration to heal. And we know Super Regeneration can regeneration from some brain damage.

It may count, though I'd love some staff members to share their opinions on this.

I personally believe in Low-Godly, however we can't add such a thing based on belief alone.

Maybe there can be an argument for High-Mid after all, since Endeavor confirmed the damage done to AFO with his attack was too much for Super Regeneration to heal. And we know Super Regeneration can regeneration from some brain damage.

It may count, though I'd love some staff members to share their opinions on this.
The panel in the bottom left almost looks as if AFO is regenerating his head, or at the very least his face (most likely his head though)

I’m leaning towards High-Mid based on what you said and the panel but we need some others to weigh in

In additions to what is propose for All for One, what about Analytical Prediction in Chapter 369
Holy god I forgot about that.

I swear I put that in my sandbox at one point, how did I forget it?

AFO was also able to predict that Izuku was going to leave U.A. and travel alone with the top heroes following him from a distance.

All of this while Izuku was still in his brief coma. Not certain how good that is, but I wanted to mention it just in case.

Obviously I agree.

Once we reach a conclusion on the regen stuff for AFO and get staff agreements, I’ll put in the changes

Back