• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MHA: General Scaling And Movie Revisions

Wait, why is that one feat an outlier if Bakugo did it and it hurt him to do? And then he does a feat near its level, and isn’t hurt in a stronger key? Why isn’t that consistent?
Because Bakugo has two different feats weaker than it in that same key. It isn’t consistent for Bakugo to toss out a 5 ton blast experience pain then toss out several 10 ton blasts in succession when he’s stated to have not improved in power by that point.

It’s also further damning when a stronger version of himself can’t muster the same feat

Because Bakugo has two different feats weaker than it in that same key. It isn’t consistent for Bakugo to toss out a 5 ton blast experience pain then toss out several 10 ton blasts in succession when he’s stated to have not improved in power by that point.

It’s also further damning when a stronger version of himself can’t muster the same feat
I don’t see the point of the stronger version having a weaker feat because it wasn’t the same attack, his pinwheel against Nine didn’t hurt him to do.

I’ll agree that it isn’t consistent with the other feats for Bakugo at the time, since he hadn’t gotten stronger since then.

I don’t see the point of the stronger version having a weaker feat because it wasn’t the same attack, his pinwheel against Nine didn’t hurt him to do.

I’ll agree that it isn’t consistent with the other feats for Bakugo at the time, since he hadn’t gotten stronger since then.
Ah my bad I wasn’t aware the Pinewheel wasn’t a full power shot.

I don't mind dropping the 10.51 Ton calc, Bakugo in the movie throws out several dozens blast until he actually feels pain. With each one of those blast being 10.51 Tons, while in the same key he throws out a 6.68 Ton blast which instantly hurts him, it was bad enough that he groans in pain.

So it does seem inconsistent.

I believe it is best to scale Bakugo and his durability to the 5.13 Ton explosion. As he was able to take that blast, and the recoil caused little damage. We see his arms twitch a little but it doesn't seem like he's severely hurt or anything, so Bakugo's dura scaling to 5.13 Tons seems fine to me.

And we can go back to using the 8.12 Ton feat in Heroes Rising, that one shouldn't be a problem right?

And we can go back to using the 8.12 Ton feat in Heroes Rising, that one shouldn't be a problem right?
As a supporting feat? Yeah, it was a Pinwheel Blast. But upscaling 8% from 5% still gives slightly higher results.

That'd be fine, 8.2 vs 8.1 isn't that big of a deal for me. Here is a large list of scaling, I warn you, MHA has a lot of characters.

High 8-C: Bakugo (5.13 Tons, scales to dura), 5% Izuku (Can injure Bakugo), Harden Kirishima (Can harm Bakugo), Steel Tetsutetsu (Can harm Harden Kirishima), Ojiro (Can harm Harden Kirishima, albeit with some pain), Stain (Can take hurt 5% Izuku with a elbow strike, and took little damage from his 5% attack), Todoroki's Dura (Took a 5% punch), Recipro Iida (Can harm Stain), Tiger (Can hurt 5% Izuku), Magne (Can trade blows with Tiger), Muscular (Took no damage from 5% and broke his arm in one punch. Might upscale to High 8-C+?), Moonfish Blade-Tooth (Could threaten Bakugo and Todoroki with his attacks), DS Dark Environment (Stomped Moonfish's Quirk), Wolfram's Quirk (Could injure 5% Izuku and block his attacks), Kaminari's Electricity (Could hurt someone who took an combined attack from Bakugo and Harden Kirishima), and Gang Orca (Could stop a Iron Soles kick from 5% Izuku, while wearing restraints and weakened. Maybe upscale to High 8-C+?)

High 8-C+: 8% Izuku (Should at least be 1.6X stronger than his 5%. Can injure a weakened Nine, who took a 8.12 Ton attack), JTA Bakugo (Is able to produce 8.12 Ton explosion without harming himself. Took an explosion strong enough to destroy his bracers), Yakuza Arc Unbreakable (Was confident in taking Bakugo's Howitzer, which should be stronger than his 6.68 Ton explosion), Nine (Overpowered both 8% Izuku and Bakugo), Sugar Rush Sato (Broke Bakugo's Bracers, which can withstand 8.12 Ton explosions), Chimera (One hit KO'd Sato), JTA Harden Kirishima (Took a hit from Chimera), Rappa (Broke Yakuza Arc Unbreakable Kirishima's arms with one punch), Fat Gum (Is able to take dozens of hits from Rappa), Mirio (Is considered to be the strongest U.A. Student without using their Quirks, making him physically superior to Bakugo. Can injure 8% Izuku, who is at least 1.6X stronger than his 5%), Chisaki (Took hits from both Mirio and 8% Izuku), Sir Nighteye (One shotted a Twice clone of Rappa, and broke Fused Overhaul's arms with his seals), Gentle Lover Mode (Overpowered 8% Izuku. His base is a dozen times weaker), Aoyama's Laser (Has a 6.76 Ton feat), Beast Shishida (Stated to be capable of matching Unbreakable Kirishima's power. Is considered to be one of the strongest first years without using their Quirks), Iida (Was able to cause Chimera to flinch with a kick, that forced him to let Shoji go), and Asui (Was able to survive being slammed into Iida by Chimera, and both had identical injuries. Was able to knock out a distracted Shishida)

At least 8-C, possibly High 8-C: JTA Monoma (Can injure 8% Izuku with a Quirk that increases his power by several times), JTA Uraraka (Can injure Monoma with her attacks), War Arc Toga (Fought against Uraraka), Kendo (Is consistently shown to harm Monoma. Higher with Big Fist), JTA Shinso (Was able to threaten JTA Uraraka with his attack), Base JTA Izuku (Protected JTA Uraraka from Shinso. Is stronger than Monoma), Koda (Broke out of Air Prison, when Shinso could not), Aizawa (Could injure a giant villain while he was still a student. Should be superior to Shinso as his mentor), Shigaraki (Can block a strike from Aizawa), and Momo's Shields (Can block strikes from Kendo's Big Fist)

Note: JTA Ojiro probably shouldn't scale to High 8-C+, since I don't think being one hit KO'd by Chimera means he's comparable to Sato. He should just be stronger than his previous key, and I don't think it is enough to upscale to High 8-C+ or 6.5 Tons. Anyone who scales to Ojiro would be affected, like Pony's Horns, Shoji, and Spiral.

We still need to figure out a rating for Tokoyami, 9-A for all of his light environment keys or not? Also Tokoyami was stated to overcame his physical weakness with Black Abyss, Tokoyami himself didn't overcome it by becoming physically stronger. Regardless his base shouldn't scale to 9-A, and instead go back to 9-B.

How we figured out the speed ratings yet, or does that need to be discussed?

Last edited:
Nope as it's scales to all mights body
But how does that work? it would make the platform size inconsistent between calcs as the platform is calced at 146m in the one suggested by the OP, but the current LS Calc has the steel beam at 341m and is visibly smaller than the platform.

I mean there was absolutely nothing wrong with Earthyboy's measurements, the film just failed to portray the size of the tower and made it much bigger than 865 meters.

But how does that work? it would make the platform size inconsistent between calcs as the platform is calced at 146m in the one suggested by the OP, but the current LS Calc has the steel beam at 341m and is visibly smaller than the platform.
Because size is never going to be 100% consistent in 2D animation.

I mean there was absolutely nothing wrong with Earthyboy's measurements, the film just failed to portray the size of the tower and made it much bigger than 865 meters.
The pixel scaling is wrong in scan 5 , he's measuring the diameter wrong, which inflates results. Compared his scan to my scan, and you can see it clearly.

Also the calc has to measure Izuku's height to the helicopter, use the helicopter to measure the helipad, use the helipad to measure the inner sides of the top platform, and use the inner sides of the top platform to measure the top platform diameter. That is far too many scans to assume they are meant to be 100% consistent in size.

Honestly, maybe it might be best to ignore KE. Wolfram states his attack was going to destroy the tower, so just find the volume of the tower and the fragmentation energy of it. That can be used more reliable than sketchy KE or weird pixel scaling. Since we know the official height for the tower, this would be more accurate.

Edit: Here is the calc, now to wait for it to be evaluated.

Last edited:
We wait for Rusty's calc to be evaluated, then the downgrades commence.

I personally prefer the low-end since the high-end hinges on considering that two other towers nearby gets destroyed as well. But the idea itself that they would be destroyed isn't far-fetched and the results are basically a little over 2x the low-end. So both ends seems fine either way. Not an expert on it tho.

I don't mind either end, since I can understand why we should or shouldn't take them into account. (Also there are three small towers)

However we should focus on the lower tier speed. After that we can go all in with the higher tier characters.

Has that been discussed yet? I don't remember if we agreed to drop the two Hypersonic calcs, or if they were okay.

While it might not mean much, we can't tell if Iida is using Recipro Burst or not. In the anime he does indeed use it, though like I said, not certain how much that means.

Last edited:
I don't mind either end, since I can understand why we should or shouldn't take them into account. (Also there are three small towers)

However we should focus on the lower tier speed. After that we can go all in with the higher tier characters.

Has that been discussed yet? I don't remember if we agreed to drop the two Hypersonic calcs, or if they were okay.
I don't see why these should be dropped. What's the argument for dropping them?

I don't know, I was just asking. Just trying to make sure we go through everything important.

If you guys are fine with them, then I guess they're fine.

They do?

Oh god... they do! I've never noticed that at all, you have a good eye. I checked other times and yeah, when he uses Recipro his engines seem to extend and bend.
Took me a few reads to actually notice it myself it’s super subtle.

As for the scene in question do we drop it as an outlier or is it more consistent for everyone to scale to base Iida rather than Recipro.

Iida completely outpaced Stain while Deku was more comparable to Stain in speed. However both Deku and Iida reach Stain at similar times

That’s not the scene in question. We’re talking about in the Forest camp arc where he, 5% Deku, Todoroki and Bakugo all move at similar speed

Yeah, I think we can just go with All Might's 7-B weather punch since the cube feat got nuked to hell

All might at start of series = 7500
All might in two heroes = 2500

3 times weaker

All might at the beginning of the series = makes it rain with a shock wave (at least 5.4 MT) we know that a direct hit is stronger (at least 10.8 mt,)
I don't mind using that graph, but there are things wrong here.

First off, if we use that rating, we aren't going to randomly give All Might a 2X multiplier. That's not how this works whatsoever, he is an unknown amount stronger than 5.4 MT in this case. USJ All Might is weaker than that All Might, so I say he's just 5.4 MT during that arc.

USJ All Might is indeed weaker, even before fighting Nomu he noticed his decreasing strength. Though it doesn't seem like his drop was massive.

3X weaker would be 1.8 MT for Two Heroes All Might and 100% Izuku at the time. A stronger Izuku scaling to 5.4 MT is consistent with this as well.

The 7B feat is his weather punch from chapter 1 right? Are you suggesting 7B cause it’s the more middle end of the feat?
Creating a storm through condensation is 5.44 tons, I was suggesting a baseline 7-B rating since All Might performed the feat with a shock wave.

Took me a few reads to actually notice it myself it’s super subtle.

As for the scene in question do we drop it as an outlier or is it more consistent for everyone to scale to base Iida rather than Recipro.
5% Izuku and Recipro Extend Iida, reached and hit Stain at the same time. And Todoroki (In Kamino) was able to use his ice, to make a ramp, after Iida used Recipro Burst and Izuku used 5% to propel themselves. I'd just ignore the forest scene, since Iida obviously isn't on par with his Recipro.

5% Izuku and Recipro Extend Iida, reached and hit Stain at the same time. And Todoroki (In Kamino) was able to use his ice, to make a ramp, after Iida used Recipro Burst and Izuku used 5% to propel themselves. I'd just ignore the forest scene, since Iida obviously isn't on par with his Recipro.
I’m fine disregarding that feat then.

I don't mind using that graph, but there are things wrong here.
The problem with that graph is that it contradicts some statements in the series.

The claim that Nomu is as strong as All Might by AFO, despite the latter not yet knowing that All Might gave his Quirk, and Shigaraki saying AM didn't get weaker at all (Chapter 21).

All Might using more power against Nomu than in his storm feat according to Deku, who witnessed the creation of the storm and probably knows how All Might has managed to perform the same feat on the past (Chapter 19).

The problem with that graph is that it contradicts some statements in the series.

The claim that Nomu is as strong as All Might by AFO, despite the latter not yet knowing that All Might gave his Quirk, and Shigaraki saying AM didn't get weaker at all (Chapter 21).

All Might using more power against Nomu than in his storm feat according to Deku, who saw the storm feat (Chapter 19).
All Might can increase his stats, and go beyond his 100%, which is something he needs on his profile as he's done this multiple times.

So USJ All Might's punches being stronger than his Storm feat isn't even impossible, since at that moment he's going Plus Ultra. USJ All Might is weaker, he says so himself before even fighting Nomu. He was getting weaker ever since he gave Izuku OFA.

Shigaraki states All Might wasn't weaker and AFO was wrong, but AFO states he wasn't wrong. He clearly knows that All Might is getting weaker, and I'm certain he knows exactly how strong All Might is. USJ Nomu matched USJ All Might, and they confidently state USJ Nomu is as strong as All Might.

Despite knowing he's weaker, so clearly they do know how much he's weakened.

All Might using more power against Nomu than in his storm feat according to Deku, who saw the storm feat (Chapter 19).

Deku doesn't say that he uses more power than the Storm feat. Him flashing back to that moment could be another way of saying that All Might's storm feat was also "the real deal" and "more than 100% of his power".

Deku doesn't say that he uses more power than the Storm feat. Him flashing back to that moment could be another way of saying that All Might's storm feat was also "the real deal" and "more than 100% of his power".
The storm feat is 100% of All Might's power, Deku is saying All Might is going over that.

All Might can increase his stats, and go beyond his 100%, which is something he needs on his profile as he's done this multiple times.

So USJ All Might's punches being stronger than his Storm feat isn't even impossible, since at that moment he's going Plus Ultra. USJ All Might is weaker, he says so himself before even fighting Nomu. He was getting weaker ever since he gave Izuku OFA.

Shigaraki states All Might wasn't weaker and AFO was wrong, but AFO states he wasn't wrong. He clearly knows that All Might is getting weaker, and I'm certain he knows exactly how strong All Might is. USJ Nomu matched USJ All Might, and they confidently state USJ Nomu is as strong as All Might.

Despite knowing he's weaker, so clearly they do know how much he's weakened.
How would we even describe the whole ‘Plus Ultra’ thing? The closest ability I found was Reactive Power level and Supernatural Willpower.

Back