• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mewtwo vs Shao Khan

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
First one got no traction, so doing it again.

Unrestricted Shao vs Mega Mewtwo Y. Bloodlusted, speed equalized.. Who wins?

Mewtwoboss
Shao Khan

Soul Manip vs Mind Manip

Kahn's soul stealing takes the raise of a hand and AFAIK Mewtwo's mindhax takes a thought, so unless I'm wrong on any of this, Mewtwo probably takes it.

Mewwo Mind Screws before Kahn soul steals, which is the only way to bypass his regen without too much trouble.

Apparently Mewtwo does not always start with mindhax. If this is true then I might change my vote to Kahn as he is guaranteed to start with Soul Manip.

Right. He's never done so in canon because the Elder Gods restrict him from doing so but that's obviously not going to come into play here.

Starryknight200 said:
Right. He's never done so in canon because the Elder Gods restrict him from doing so but that's obviously not going to come into play here.
If he never did it in canon, why on earth is it being argued here?

If he never did it in canon, why on earth is it being argued here?

I believe Starry Meant he never did it in any of his tournament fights.

First move in MK3 was soul steal everyone on the planet.

Frankly, the reasoning that Mewtwo won't lead with an ability like that is a bit bs. We're implying that the genius whose first instance of screentime was with mindhax, and who had shown to mind screw when it conveniences him, wouldn't lead with it, and would instead be grossly out of character to not be pragmatic about his approach and instead DBZ his way through problems.

@Cal The only reason Shao Kahn doesn't immediately Soul Rip every opponent he encounters is because in the MK tournament, which is the setting of most of his fights, the Elder Gods have rules set in place that say if he tries it he will die. The one time he didn't have these restrictions set on him he Soul Ripped the entire planet, as Gar pointed out.

Which he wasn't doing in a one on one, and it was a pet of his plan, which is the same reason Mewtwo's mind hax got rendered "obsolete".

Also insta soul ripped Shang Tsuing in the only example someone wasn't resistant so there's that......

Also, Cal, if you're blatantly going to say that Mewtwo leads with Mind Hax and Shao Kahn not leading with it, you're arguing on your own thread that Mewtwo wins and that shit is spite.

I'm saying that if Mewtwo won't lead with mind hax for those reasons, neither would Shao Khan and soul rip. Not that Mewtwo can do one and not the other.

Gargoyle One said:
Also, Cal, if you're blatantly going to say that Mewtwo leads with Mind Hax and Shao Kahn not leading with it, you're arguing on your own thread that Mewtwo wins and that shit is spite.
He can argue on his own thread. Nor is he saying Mewtwo leads immediately. Neither of them do.

By that logic, most Accelerator matches are spite.

The real cal howard said:
I'm saying that if Mewtwo won't lead with mind hax for those reasons, neither would Shao Khan and soul rip. Not that Mewtwo can do one and not the other.
Then you're wrong.

There are examples of Mewtwo being ABLE to Mind Hax, but not doing so, Kahn on the other hand, has always done with every opportunity.

Analyze every fight.

The only one on one fights with unrestricted Kahn was with Lou Kang.

That's it....And he's resistant.

You realize every major fight Mewtwo was in, with Mew, Deoxys, and Genesect, the opponent resisted mind hax, right? Every time he was against humans without Pokémon, he mind wiped, be it Nurse Joy, Ash and co. or Team Rocket.

Something that I also think is worth mentioning is that Mewtwo does have precognition. I don't think it's unreasonable for Mew to lead with mind hax since he would be aware of Shao's ability to rip his soul out.

Back