• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mewtwo vs Shao Khan

-Nurse Joy

Not a fight, needed her for something, didn't need her anymore, broke his control. He didn't wipe her mind, he broke his control over her.

-Ash

Not a fight, wanted to hide the existence of him and the copy Pokemon. This was after a fight.

-Team Rocket

Explain.

Precog.

Need I remind you that it is not passive. He has to actively use it. Me First and Detect(?) require activation to be used.

And Mew can still do those things with nothing but a thought. If a strange giant man with red glowing eyes turned up don't you think it would be reasonable for Mew to look ahead and see what his deal is. It's not like Mewtwo is an idiot or Shao tries to hide the fact he's extremely noticeable the opposite in fact. Depending on how fast Shao's soul rip actually is Mew could easily precog and then mind hax before he even gets to use it.

Either way, I am done here, I'm not about to get involved with another Pokemon squabble. They,

A) Get tiresome after awhile.

B) Turns into a screaming match in which we get Digimon, Saint Seiya and every other verse involved.

C) I am not going to get into a screaming match this year. (At least try anyway)

Webcamparrot said:
And Mew can still do those things with nothing but a thought. If a strange giant man with red glowing eyes turned up don't you think it would be reasonable for Mew to look ahead and see what his deal is. It's not like Mewtwo is an idiot or Shao tries to hide the fact he's extremely noticeable the opposite in fact. Depending on how fast Shao's soul rip actually is Mew could easily precog and then mind hax before he even gets to use it.
He didn't do that to Red. He didn't do it to Genesect. He didn't do so to Deoxys.

If Mewtwo's Dex Entry stated that he uses the likes of Mind Control or erasure, then Ii'd be okay with it. But no, it just says, Psychic Powers. Something in which very much can mean Telekinesis.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Either way, I am done here, I'm not about to get involved with another Pokemon squabble. They,

A) Get tiresome after awhile.

B) Turns into a screaming match in which we get Digimon, Saint Seiya and every other verse involved.

C) I am not going to get into a screaming match this year. (At least try anyway)
I agree you seem to be getting heated already.

Are Red, Genesect and Deoxys even good comparisons to Shao Kahn? Shao is outright otherworldly where the other 3 are pokemon or pokemon trainers. Also was it actually clear that Mewtwo didn't use any precog during those fights?

The issue isn't necessarily pokémon in this case as a verse, but the idea that intelligent characters won't start of with certain moves that would otherwise be smart to use. Like Kakashi rarely using the Sharingan Genjutsu.

And to say one thing before I unfollow this, to use Digimon as an example before it gets argued.

I could say "Lucemon starts with Mind Control and Sealing" with this logic. Why? The first thing Lucemon did is Seal Huanglongmon and Mind Control Cherubimon. Do we argue that? No. Why? Because, he has countless other abilities he could use. Lucemon isn't just gonna automatically start using Phantom Pain just because he has it. He could, but he will not.

Alphamon's official entry implies that he uses Alpha Inforce religiously. But at the same time, it's not all he can start with. He can stop or slow time, roar, use Digitalize of Soul, etc, etc. Matter of fact I could argue he Mind Controls off the bat as you have seen, that was the first thing he did in DS. You know this, you played the game recently. (Shoulda got Dusk btw :p)

Webcamparrot said:
I agree you seem to be getting heated already.

Are Red, Genesect and Deoxys even good comparisons to Shao Kahn? Shao is outright otherworldly where the other 3 are pokemon or pokemon trainers. Also was it actually clear that Mewtwo didn't use any precog during those fights?
Does not mean he'd start with precog. Deoxys is otherworldly as well.

The Burden of Proof is on you. Prove to me that Mewtwo used Me First.

.... the Thread has enough derail so let's go back to our sheep

• First question: how does Soul rip work? he needs a thought?
  • Second question: MT Telepathy works by immobilizing the target?

Tfw I completely forget I'm the OP. I wanted to make this a match of who haxes first, and then forgot I can do that by bloodlusting them.

Both are nigh-instantaneous. It wouldn't be a fair match if Mewtwo acted like a DBZ character for the first half of the fight that's being claimed.

If that's in character then it would be perfectly fair. It would be unfair if there was absolutely nothing Mewtwo could do to win, and that list of hax as long as my arm says that's not the case. It just so happens that in character, Kahn is likely to use his winning hax first, if what Dragon says is true.

That long list of hax would mean nothing if in-character, your M.O is to punch your enemy until it dies (which I believe is untrue, but if people want to claim otherwise, then fine), and it would be just as unfair if Shao Khan's M.O was to be an MK contender while Mewtwo does x.

Mewtwo via Precognition followed by mind hax. Shao Khan's appereince would make precognition and obvious first move and once he realizes what Khan is capable of he would mind hax him to oblivion. All this would only take a thought so it's much faster then Khan's soul hax.

Back