• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid V: To Infinity and Beyond

I scaled off the mountains in the shot, though they aren’t in the foreground
Why? We literally see the ship? And the blast obviously originates from that, aka, it's on the same depth as that.
There’s still also the problem of an entire ship being in the way to take the blast for Samus, so I’m not even sure that should be a supporting feat for her (also funny that her ship now scales to being obliterated by like a ton of tnt while her gun just meant to paralyze things is over that lol).
Tbh we dont even know if the ship was obliterated, the explosion could have been just from its KE, given it was like a 100 ton ship on re-entry. The ship for all we know could be intact (which means she didnt take anything), and just broken given, well it was already broken it's why it crashed.

I mean the main point was she didn’t scale, but I was assuming since it’s exploding on impact it would be what’s blowing up. But interpreting it as just an explosion make sense too.

Just beat Metroid prime remastered and damn was that a fun experience, loved it all the way! Although I think the elemental troops do a little too much damage...

I have always felt those feats were weird and knowing it requires multi building sized complexes to work (referring to the power bomb and ice beam) makes them even more insane for Samus to scale to them. Mainly though what will Samus be downgraded to without those? I assume one of the new calculated tier 6 feats that was mentioned earlier by chariot.

I think there's a 6-B-ish (yet to be calced, could be higher or lower) feat in S&J where she tanks a massive nuke, so that at minimum.

I think there's a 6-B-ish (yet to be calced, could be higher or lower) feat in S&J where she tanks a massive nuke, so that at minimum.
Do ya want me to do it? I can throw it in my sandbox since I've not had anything to add since the other 2 calcs

Just remembered that Phazon has many different strains and variants that affect things differently rather than being a uniform substance, so Phazon hax is kinda dependent on what strain of Phazon it is.

Play Prime 2 i like that one, has brug :)
Would love to, but I'm hoping for a Prime 2 Remastered (and hopefully Prime 3 as well) to come out relatively soon. Would be very weird for Nintendo not to capitalize on the Prime series as a whole after Prime 4's announcement.

Honestly, i doubt there would be a Prime 2 remaster anytime soon. Remastering one game in a trilogy but not the others would be a very Nintendo thing to do.

Arceus’ true form got it for stuff like transcending space and time and being beyond dimensions, thought it was worth asking.

Arceus’ true form got it for stuff like transcending space and time and being beyond dimensions, thought it was worth asking.
True Form Arceus is 1-A for being ontologically superior and undifferentiated in comparison to normal reality. The Low 1-A stuff for the avatar is probably not gonna pass, and the NA Chozo lore is far too vague to qualify by itself. It's just kinda basic "transcending space and time" which isn't nearly enough.

True. I think it could pass for at least 5-D, it considers space and time as illusions that they’ve moved past the need of, which would include numerical dimensions like 4-D hyperspace.

I mean, you don't need to even have higher dimensions to get Low 1-A of 1-A in the new system, but qualitative superiority (which is what viewing the material universe as an "illusion" would be) has pretty strict standards when it comes to anti-feats, and the very fact that Samus can do anything to Chozo Ghosts is a huge disqualifier, and an even bigger one is that Phazon can affect them when it's never been remotely implied to stem from some higher reality. And if QS is contradict then it doesn't really mean anything AP-wise

Tbf Samus could only affect Chozo Ghosts after they were reduced to a lower dimensional state (which I guess also is an anti-feat), but also Low 1-A doesn’t require qualitative superiority iirc, only 1-A and above.

Someone list off every non-ship FTL feat btw, i can only think of one atm and that ain't good. list them and if legit ill calc.

There’s Samus being shot at FTL speed to enter the infinity void, Gorea being able to rampage across the galaxy in 3 months and the universe in a vague timeframe, the speed of the white hole expanding across the universe, all the North America Chozo stuff, Samus reacting to the solar energy shot by lumites and potentially enemies moving in tandem with the light beam if that exists, (I know this is being talked about rn shh) Ridley potentially flying across solar systems after his near death on SR388, some laser reacting and then the ship feats.

Kinda hoped there was more…

There’s Samus being shot at FTL speed to enter the infinity void,
Link
Gorea being able to rampage across the galaxy in 3 months and the universe in a vague timeframe, the speed of the white hole expanding across the universe, all the North America Chozo stuff,
none of that scales tho and one is noncanon
Samus reacting to the solar energy shot by lumites
Link
and potentially enemies moving in tandem with the light beam if that exists,
Link

some laser reacting and then the ship feats.
100% don't qualify

My mistake, it’s actually a non scaleable canon Samus used to open the void, which shot at FTL, whoops.
none of that scales tho and one is noncanon
~~Samus should downscale Gorea~~ I know but it could be good for a Toeiverse-esque Prime 1 NA Samus key.
Scan log says it can concentrate solar energy into a blast, and here is the attack, I’ll try to find an instance where Samus dodges.
Dark Samus kinda ducks as the light beam is moving out of Samus’s arm cannon, I feel like there’s a better way to show it if I stop being lazy and do another playthrough of the game.
100% don't qualify
Oops

~~Samus should downscale Gorea~~ I know but it could be good for a Toeiverse-esque Prime 1 NA Samus key.
My brother ya have any idea how many keys this chick is gonna have
Scan log says it can concentrate solar energy into a blast, and here is the attack, I’ll try to find an instance where Samus dodges.
Yeah def won't qualify as light speed
Dark Samus kinda ducks as the light beam is moving out of Samus’s arm cannon, I feel like there’s a better way to show it if I stop being lazy and do another playthrough of the game.
Ya know, the light beam is a thing, maybe it can qualify? Post lore and data for it.

My brother ya have any idea how many keys this chick is gonna have
I think infinite speed Samus with 4/5-D hax is worth it.
Ya know, the light beam is a thing, maybe it can qualify? Post lore and data for it.

From the manual:
"This fires beams of light than can pass through enemies and set them on fire. It can be used to energise Light Crystals, and is effective against dark creatures. Charge it to fire a wide-dispersing Lightblast that will continually burn enemies. The Light Beam can open white hatches."

I think infinite speed Samus with 4/5-D hax is worth it.
it isnt, especially because inf wouldnt be accepted anyway, whole key just for maybe a lil hax boost aint worth the code id need to write
This fires beams of light than can pass through enemies and set them on fire. It can be used to energise Light Crystals, and is effective against dark creatures. Charge it to fire a wide-dispersing Lightblast that will continually burn enemies. The Light Beam can open white hatches.
That's one qualification, what else?

it isnt, especially because inf wouldnt be accepted anyway, whole key just for maybe a lil hax boost aint worth the code id need to write
Why wouldn’t it be, Chozo ascended to the level where they flew beyond infinite space-time and Phazon physically reached out and dragged their souls back to a lower dimensional plane.
That's one qualification, what else?
It burns, goes in a straight line, literally said to fire beams of light, doesn’t explode, might be more.

Why wouldn’t it be, Chozo ascended to the level where they flew beyond infinite space-time and Phazon physically reached out and dragged their souls back to a lower dimensional plane.
That's just (very good) range. And because Samus is 100% demonstrably not infinite, the ten billion examples where she takes time to do stuff in cases where she 100% would be going as fast as she can, kills it.

Whether it's the 48h timeframe in ZM, or the billion escape sequences, or more. Only way Samus could ever get infin, is if she got some cool powerup at the same time she whips out inf speed, invalidating anti-feats against it as it wouldn't be tied down by pass showings, but, we're talking Varia, could've MAYBE gotten away with it if ya fought Bozo ghrosts after the phazon suit only.
It burns, goes in a straight line, literally said to fire beams of light, doesn’t explode, might be more.
does it go in a straight line, thought it could be scatter-shotted.
Yeah but that's the basic, plus it's a beam to begin with, does it refract or reflect? if so, it might be good to go. Or something like that?

Last edited:
That's just (very good) range. And because Samus is 100% demonstrably not infinite, the ten billion examples where she takes time to do stuff in cases where she 100% would be going as fast as she can, kills it.

Whether it's the 48 timeframe in ZM, or the billion escape sequences, or more. Only way Samus could ever get infin, is if she got some cool powerup at the same time she whips out inf speed, invalvidating anti-feats against it as it wouldn't be tied down by pass showings, but, we're talking Varia, could've MAYBE gotten away with it if ya fought Bozo ghrosts after the phazon suit only.
I mean, this is an alt continuity consisting of just the first Prime with no escape sequence type stuff, plus you could say that about a lot of infinite speed characters.

Plus Samus was fighting ghosts after they had already had their HDE negated, so they weren’t infinite speed at the time. It’s just a feat for Phazon amped beings being able to reach beyond space time in finite time and affect them.
does it go in a straight line, thought it could be scatter shotted.
The charged version does, standard doesn’t.
Yeah but that's the basic, plus it's a beam to begin with, does it refract or reflect? if so, it might be good to go. Or something like that?
It might refract in the Torvus Bog water, I’ll test it at some point.

I mean, this is an alt continuity consisting of just the first game with no escape sequence type stuff,
Fusion, Metroid 2, Metroid 1, (and super) all canon, all have fuckys, and even this game has a fucky, there's an escape sequence at the very START.
plus you could say that about a lot of infinite speed characters.
Yeah, and?
Plus Samus was fighting ghosts after they had already had their HDE negated, so they weren’t infinite speed at the time. It’s just a feat for Phazon amped beings being able to reach beyond space time in finite time and affect them.
Yeah, range, so why would this make Samus inf?
The charged version does, standard doesn’t.
it's the same beam though? they both need to qualify.

Fusion, Metroid 2, Metroid 1, all canon, all have fuckys, and even this game has a fucky, there's an escape sequence at the very START.
Yeah, as Varia/Power Suit, not with Phazon Suit where Samus would scale.
Yeah, and?
And it just seems weird to single out Samus when a lot of infinite speed characters arguably have the issue where they job to finite things like time limits.
Yeah, range, so why would this make Samus inf?
Because the Phazon could reach past infinite space in finite time, universe is accepted as infinite iirc so Phazon would have to go that distance to pull the Chozo back.
it's the same beam though? they both need to qualify.
It’s the same beam but they’re firing shots in a different way and one is charging up, plus it’s literally firing light out.

Yeah, as Varia/Power Suit, not with Phazon Suit where Samus would scale.
You fight Chozo ghosts long before that? You also fight Meta who, ya know, AND phazon suit doesnt use phazon to attack? Not that all phazon is equal anyway.
And it just seems weird to single out Samus when a lot of infinite speed characters arguably have the issue where they job to finite things like time limits.
Dude they all suck too, 95% of inf mfs on wiki are frauds. An actual inf dude would be like Wally West drawing from the Speed Force, not Kratos.
Because the Phazon could reach past infinite space in finite time, universe is accepted as infinite iirc so Phazon would have to go that distance to pull the Chozo back.
Range dog, do you actually think phazon like, physically extended tendrils of goop that distance? Do you think when they say that they literally flew the universe's distance?
And wouldnt matter because still an outlier and Sam dont even use phazon, to attack, best she ever did was combine with beam via the beam succ property.
It’s the same beam but they’re firing shots in a different way
The shots both ways need to adhere to light standards.
and one is charging up,
Doesnt matter.
plus it’s literally firing light out.
Also doesnt matter, especially in the game that calls thermal energy "light".

You fight Chozo ghosts long before that? You also fight Meta who, ya know, AND phazon suit doesnt use phazon to attack? Not that all phazon is equal anyway.
And all those Chozo ghosts had their ability to travel beyond space time negged by Phazon, they straight up confirm Phazon robbed them of their ability to do that. Phazon suit is still amped by Phazon and Samus fought the Metroid that sucked on the leviathan’s Phazon for 50 years, the same Leviathan Phazon that did the feat.
Dude they all suck too, 95% of inf mfs on wiki are frauds. An actual inf dude would be like Wally West drawing from the Speed Force, not Kratos.
Well at least you’re consistent.
Range dog, do you actually think phazon like, physically extended tendrils of goop that distance? Do you think when they say that they literally flew the universe's distance?
And wouldnt matter because still an outlier and Sam dont even use phazon, to attack, best she ever did was combine with beam via the beam succ property.
Yeah, because the game never says that Phazon teleported outside of space time, it says it bursts out from the leviathan and claws away at the surroundings, which is physical movement.

How is it an outlier if the Chozo being beyond space and time was repeated 3 times and we have confirmed higher dimensional entities like Phantoon and hyperspace in other parts of the franchise. And like, yeah Samus is firing Phazon at Metroid Prime’s essence to kill it, Metroid Prime’s own Phazon actually.
The shots both ways need to adhere to light standards.
If one adheres then shouldn’t the other, if they’re both the same beam?
Also doesnt matter, especially in the game that calls thermal energy "light".
Don’t recall that, but I think it’s kind of obvious that the game with the dark-light dichotomy that has a weapon that shoots beams of what the game explicitly describes as light, which is the polar opposite of the beam that shoots concentrated darkness, is actual light.

And all those Chozo ghosts had their ability to travel beyond space time negged by Phazon, they straight up confirm Phazon robbed them of their ability to do that.
Then they literally dont matter?
Phazon suit is still amped by Phazon
So? You should know by now phazon isnt a universal amp that just gives everything.
and Samus fought the Metroid that sucked on the leviathan’s Phazon for 50 years, the same Leviathan Phazon that did the feat.
So? As above, and, it didn't even suck all of it, not even close actually, it's why the planet is dying off.
Yeah, because the game never says that Phazon teleported outside of space time, it says it bursts out from the leviathan and claws away at the surroundings, which is physical movement.
Because it would literally have to to reach bozos in a higher-D plane? You CANT reach HDE via physical 3D movement, ya realize that yes?
There was 100% some weird fucky inter-D hax going on, otherwise it'd have never reached them even if it WAS infinite.

A higher dimension just doesnt sit atop the uni if that's what ya think.
How is it an outlier if the Chozo being beyond space and time was repeated 3 times and we have confirmed higher dimensional entities like Phantoon and hyperspace in other parts of the franchise.
Dude it could be repeated 100 times, it'd be an outlier because she just like, isn't? Consistently THOUSANDS of anti-feats.
Gameplay, lore, even plot, everything ever enforces she's explicitly finite, and you're arguing nah she's infinite due to a vague feat that's almost 100% just range that she scales to because she just so happened to have a suit formed by a negligible infinitesimal amount of that same substance. Who then goes on to fight the very much finite Meta Ridley.

Bro come on man....

Phantoon also isn't infinite, and hyperspace is super ultra not infinite (takes about 2h to warp to Zebes, from the same galaxy).
And like, yeah Samus is firing Phazon at Metroid Prime’s essence to kill it, Metroid Prime’s own Phazon actually.
Yeah, via her beam? if you picked up a handful of phazon, and didnt instantly die to omega space aids, and tossed it, would that toss be infinite? No, obviously.
If one adheres then shouldn’t the other, if they’re both the same beam?
That's EXACTLY the problem, why does one adhere but NOT the other? They should both be a straight line, but charged isn't, and if charged breaks that rule, that tells us non-charged being straight, isn't because it's light, but just because that's how the beam fires, while also being a knock against actual light given, well, they're the same thing, both need to qualify, if one breaks rules then both break rules because it's the same.
Don’t recall that,
The LoA my dude, is everything BUT actual light.
but I think it’s kind of obvious that the game with the dark-light dichotomy that has a weapon that shoots beams of what the game explicitly describes as light, which is the polar opposite of the beam that shoots concentrated darkness, is actual light.
Yeah except the game describes a bunch of stuff as light that isn't photons, in fact, the fact it energizes the light crystals, which isnt actual light might be an issue.

Fyi im not saying it isnt light, im saying we need more proof still, just being called light will never be enough unless we see that shit come from a real light source.

Back