• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid V: To Infinity and Beyond

Sorry, another question.
I looked at the power bomb saying it could destroy a planet, but in context that was referring to a “super power bomb”, and the one using it specifically enhanced the power bomb capsule to create the planet busting bomb.

Is it fair to scale Samus to that.

A Super Bomb or Bomb capsule is really only like 5 Power Bombs, plus Bishop doesn't have any where near as much power and energy control Samus Aran does. And various Charged Combos Samus can do use more Power Bombs than even that, with Super Missiles or even Samus Aran's arm cannon have statements about being even more powerful than the Power Bombs. It's the same connected power source and what not and not even her full or strongest power.

Could I see a source for the super capsule=5 power bombs, Blast not having as good control, and Samus’s arm cannon/super missiles surpassing power bombs? If not too much trouble.

Edit: I did see 5 power bombs from an expansion in Super, but idk if that’s equivalent to the super power bomb. I’m guessing that it’s the analogy of missiles to super missiles=power bomb to super power bomb?

Last edited:
Super Missiles in Metroid Prime require 5 missiles to use. Considering Samus' base upgrades are the same weapons, like the power bombs, missiles and beams, it's not that much of a stretch to say super power bombs would be the same thing as a super missile in terms of requirements.

Also she fought a power bomb guardian with a supercharged version of her abilities so it's not out of left field to assume she can tank these versions of the power bomb.

Heck if you wanna stretch it, (unless I can find some extra lore on this I wouldn't use this personally), you can argue the self healing that Samus does in Super Metroid where she spends all her extra missiles and power bombs can be used to say the energy in those weapons can rejuvenate her, essentially saying she's powered by planet level weaponry. Again not saying this is 100% legit but if you wanted to stretch it you can, especially considering we do have MP2 establish energy sustaining planets are a thing so yeah...

Crystal Flash yeah, apparently she heals off a Power Bomb’s raw energy.

Sure.
Honestly wish the chapter was consistent when it calls the capsule a power bomb and bomb capsule in the same chapter, as well as Super power bomb mixed in with just power bomb.

I think the Power Bomb to Super Missile comparison is too much of a stretch considering that the Power Bomb is supposed to be the strongest piece of her arsenal in raw destructive power and is treated as such throughout the series.

And her being able to heal using her weaponry wouldn't necessarily mean other stuff suddenly scales to the strongest part of her arsenal.

"Most Destructive" doesn't mean "Most powerful". I can counter that by the fact that there are too many bosses immune to her Power Bombs in canon, but are otherwise destroyed by Super Missiles and Plasma Beam and what not. Plus, she still can still have hundreds of Power Bombs in certain games. Plus it's still mentioned above, she consistently fights enemies who are empowered by a massively amped version of a Power Bomb power up and beats them using Arm Cannon and Missiles. Also, some lore statements in Samus & Joey actually outright consider the Plasma Beam to be her strongest weapon despite already possessing the Power Bomb and Super Missiles.

The healing example is a weird example, that's why he admitted to it. But it does not address the other point.

It seems like which is more powerful between Samus' Power Bombs and end game beam combos vary depending on which game you're talking about. The Plasma and Ice Beam were treated as a big deal just due to the SA-X in Fusion, but in Other M the Power Bombs was treated with so much importance you didn't even get to use it until the story was over. I don't think any Metroid has treated the Super Missile as Samus' ultimate weapon since she either gets in the the early game like Super Metroid or near the end of the mid game like Zero Mission.

Any idea how fast the Flash Shift lets Samus move? Enemies like the Robot Chozo Soldiers are able to follow Samus as she moves so it can't be too fast... right?

Something else I wanted to add is that the Gravity Suit in Metroid Dread makes Samus immune to flamethrowers. I've heard it's the Varia Suit that does this but I haven't gotten around to doing it myself. In Prime 1 I remember the flamethrowers and Magmoors fire breath in Magmoor Caverns hurt Samus so I think the immunity to flamethrowers is new. I don't think this necessarily makes Samus immune to fire in general since she can get hurt by enemies and bosses that launch fireballs in Metroid Dread like Kraid so the protection might only go up to a certain temperature... whatever that is.

Sorry for the triple post but the Zero Suit Samus model has been ripped from Dread and at the very least the platform heels are gone:

Looks like this Zero Suit gives Samus quite the wedgie though.

Last edited:
Are translations of the glyphs & such in Metroid Dread already known?
There's been some steady progress on translation, at the very least we know what most of the symbols/letters mean.

1.jpg

If Samus won a Death Battle or DBX and it turned out that her opponent was an X Parasite and that's why they fought, would that work? It would mean Samus didn't technically beat her opponent, but it could cause the opponent to mutate/go out of control like the SA-X at the end of Fusion which could be a cool "Bonus Round"... although that would require noticeably changing a model/sprite or making a new one entirely so I'm pretty sure this would never happen.

I thought of this since the Megaman vs Samus One Minute Melee had the reveal where Megaman actually fought the SA-X and it's mutated form jumped out of the rubble.

Last edited:
Last thing I'll say before going back to work is that a good chunk of the impressive feats from Metroid Dread are during the end, assuming you don't care about spoilers.

Going to put this under a spoiler tag just in case other don't want to see it. Samus' Metroid DNA she got from Fusion starts to "awaken" and she gains the ability to drain energy like a Metroid by grabbing her victim with her left hand. Everything she drains, including the final boss and his floating fortress (even if that last one wasn't intentional) takes about 15 - 20 seconds maximum to finish them off. Although just draining the final boss isn't enough since Samus' Metroid DNA went out of control giving her the Metroid Suit and Hyper Beam, a giant energy beam that Samus can fire continuously that annihilates anything it hits, including X Parasites in their base forms. X Parasites are straight up immune to Samus' weapons, Power Bombs can stun them for a time but that's it. However, the Hyper Beam instantly kills them. During the escape sequence after the final boss Samus touching enemies in her Metroid Suit kills the instantly, even when the X aren't in their base forms. Not sure why this is, usually Samus can only absorb/kill X by touching their base forms. You can get a better visual by just watching the final boss and ending, although if you want to see the part where the Metroid Suit appears, skip to 6:35 in this video:

The Metroid Suit and Hyper Beam should be things Samus can reacquire since she's still part Metroid after Dread and the Hyper Beam is stated to be Samus unleashing her latent power, combining all Arm Cannon abilities into a giant energy beam.[/ISPOILER]

A strength feat I can think of from Dread is the Kraid Melee Counter in general since Samus starts the counter by blocking Kraid's back hand and she's able to forcibly open Kraid's mouth.

Not sure how this compares to some of the Melee Counters from Samus Returns, such as Samus being able to overpower the Metroid Queen and slam her head into the ground, stunning her for a bit:

There's also a yellow E.M.M.I. that uses the Speed Booster ability so that it runs as fast as Samus does. Since their running speeds are comparable does that mean Samus' base running speed without power ups or Speed Booster is almost mach 1? The yellow E.M.M.I. has a mach cone in front of it, so. I've been trying to find a YouTube video to make a gif out of but I've been turning up nothing.

Going to put this under a spoiler tag just in case other don't want to see it. Samus' Metroid DNA she got from Fusion starts to "awaken" and she gains the ability to drain energy like a Metroid by grabbing her victim with her left hand. Everything she drains, including the final boss and his floating fortress (even if that last one wasn't intentional) takes about 15 - 20 seconds maximum to finish them off. Although just draining the final boss isn't enough since Samus' Metroid DNA went out of control giving her the Metroid Suit and Hyper Beam, a giant energy beam that Samus can fire continuously that annihilates anything it hits, including X Parasites in their base forms. X Parasites are straight up immune to Samus' weapons, Power Bombs can stun them for a time but that's it. However, the Hyper Beam instantly kills them. During the escape sequence after the final boss Samus touching enemies in her Metroid Suit kills the instantly, even when the X aren't in their base forms. Not sure why this is, usually Samus can only absorb/kill X by touching their base forms. You can get a better visual by just watching the final boss and ending, although if you want to see the part where the Metroid Suit appears, skip to 6:35 in this video:

The Metroid Suit and Hyper Beam should be things Samus can reacquire since she's still part Metroid after Dread and the Hyper Beam is stated to be Samus unleashing her latent power, combining all Arm Cannon abilities into a giant energy beam.[/ISPOILER]

Can't wait for Dread to get added to her profile.

There is a Raven Beak profile, but it's barebones compared to what it deserves.
Speaking of which I added a little to the abilities and techniques section and added that he uses the Beam Burst (in Phase 2 of the boss fight).

Is the Dread Hyper Beam really about 5-B in power or is that just a guess for the time being?

How exactly do the X consume their victims? I'd assume the process is on the cellular level since they copy DNA even though the X multiply at the same time... or is it after the host's DNA has been copied? There's also the fact that the X in Dread can take the biomass of their host, as their being consumed, and use that biomass to transform so the DNA copying and multiplying can be done in tandem with transforming? Is it just that the process can be done ridiculously fast? Samus in Fusion seemed to last for several hours after getting infected since it took a while for Samus to initially fall unconscious then had to be transported for surgery.

I ask this because Samus' Metroid DNA grants her X immunity but does that make her immune to other diseases? Like would it make her immune to something like the Flood from Halo? How would that even work, does the Metroid tissue automatically life leech any foreign material deemed as hostile? It can't be just the X exclusively could it? There's also other parasites like the Klyntar from Marvel comics. How would the X and Klyntar react to one another? If a Klyntar tried to bond with Samus would the Metroid DNA reject the Klyntar or absorb it/life leech outright? Then again the X don't really act like parasites considering how quickly they kill/eat their hosts.

Last edited:
Yeah, she should logically resist the Flood easily; they're like extremely fodder compared to X's. X copy memories, technology, and biology and hack everything. They only thing they can't copy is the soul.

Samus has organic material on the outside of her suit in Dread so one would think Flood spore would just infect that. Then again Fusion Samus has much more organic stuff on the outside and can go into space without issue. Watch, it was an aesthetic choice all along and nothing more...

I know there have been Flood vs X and Flood vs Phazon discussions in the past. At this point we know a lot of the Flood (goals, methods of infection, etc.) and what can happen if they get too far/out of control from the Forerunner Trilogy of novels, even though part of it was because the Forerunners were heavily weakened from 1,000 years of war. There was one instance where Flood infection was resisted by Private Jenkins from Halo CE but that's a rare case. The X have two games and Phazon has three but it doesn't go too in depth on the how they do what they can do, just that they can do it. Halo stuff can get pretty powerful at its peak like bombs capable of destroying solar systems (a slash and burn tactic by the Forerunners to deny the Flood territory I believe) but outside of that Metroid is in a much higher weight class and has plenty of crazy stuff in it.

For how Metroid tells its narrative that's fine, give the audience enough for general understanding but leave enough out for mystery and people will come back for more. Does get a bit annoying after a while not know basic stuff like what method of FTL travel is used? What major planets/races/events are there in Metroid? Don't know anything outside of the places Samus goes to and Federation Force.

Back