• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Btw, I agree with one of the comments in the article. I myself would like to do away with the one-hit point mechanic because of its utterly insane and ridiculous difficulty (without resorting to unlimited continues), but I think there's no better compromise than to let the players in the audience have both modes to have the fun and joy of seeing all the levels AND ******* challenging themselves to death to show the crowd who's the real man.

Are you really sure about the feat of tanking the meteors? As far as I can see from the linked video, the player character is not tanking or dodging them; they simply are on the background and so don't hit him because they pass at a great distance from him. And also in my opinion these meteors are not "football sized", they look smaller because they are far from the camera, but they are probably as big as the one hitting and killing the character. I think that the game is trying to represent a meteor storm in a 2d enviroment, so it makes you see smaller metheors on the background and bigger ones in the foreground, in order to give the impression that you are surrounded by them on all sides. So the player woud be killed if he touched the metheors on the background, as he dies when he touches the ones on the foreground. So, if I am right, there is no feat.

I know a forum/wiki move is happening, but I found this durability feat from at the end of Metal Slug 6.

A giant explosion dropped Marco (or any protagonist) who was grabbing a ledge when suddenly General Morden saved them on his saucer, a player character seemingly surviving it (at 36:28).

Edit: Also, they have a life bar in that 3D PS2 game.

Back