• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Man and Air Man's resistance to Time Manipulation (And the reason Quick Man is weak to it)

Rodri_"Dante"

Hablo español.
Joke Battles
Administrator
Basically the Rockman Complete Works official site gives us this info about the Time Stopper:

Time Stopper

That's one ugly traduction, but basically every MM2 boss (sans Quick Man) has Time Manipulation resistance.

None of the bosses show it in-game (Save for Boobeam Trap, for some reason), but hey, its not the first time a game character has an ability that never works while playing.

Rockman Complete Works official site

Google translated

Seems alright. I don't think we have profiles for every MM2 Robot Master though.

@Dante

The Alien is just a solid hologram, so I don't think we should count that.

Oh, okay.

So... should I add the resistances right away or wait for further input?

Also, Air Man is lacking a lot of resistances. And by a lot I mean all of them.

Air Man is inmune to Metal Blade, Air Shooter, Bubble Lead, Crash Bomber and, of course, Time Stopper.

But there's no reason for Air Man to be immune to all of those things.

The Alien has the excuse of being a hologram and the other Robot Masters have canon countermeasures against Time Stopper or specific weaknesses to the others.

there's just no in-story purpose to being immune other than game mechanics.

These divices clearly were all used for the boobeam trap since if you use time stopper on any boss besides them, including Flash Man himself, it still stops them in place.

So... Wily made 6 defensive devices against the Time Stopper, wasted 5 of them on Boobeam Trap, and gave the last one to Quick Man, which turned out to be defective.

This is so amusing that It's now my personal headcanon.

I've accepted the Time Stop resistance, but I'm not keen on the other ones you've proposed.

@Smashor

There's no in-story reason for that though. Hence it's just game mechanics.

Probably not, as this was specific to these Robot Masters as a modification by Wily. Mega didn't have any Wily modifications, and Bass and Proto Man were after MM2.

@Bruce

But it's never really been confirmed though to the best of my knowledge. It's best not to insert headcanons into this.

Shouldn't the robot masters who are immune to certain weapons at least be considered to be resistant to said weapons?

@The Smashor

But there's no logical reason for those resistances other than for gameplay purposes.

In nearly every version of the Mega Man story, the Robot Masters can fight each other just fine to the best of my memory.

The robot masters almost never fight each other in the normal games. And when they do (Like Powered Up or Super Adventure Rockman), I beleive it's never using a type of attack the enemy Robot Master would be immune to.

@Smashor

Most of them don't make sense though.

Are we going to say that Wood Man is immune to boomerangs?

Well do you have any better ideas? Probably we'll mention it if said weapon is a noteworthy element or type of weapon (I.E. Metal Man is immune to fire). And Wood Man dosn't even have a page.

They don't make any logical sense and aren't reflected in the story at all unlike the Time Stopper. I still don't think we should add them.

In addition, adaptations like Mega Man Megamix and the Archie Comics Mega Man have Flash Man being beaten by Quick Man despite being "immune" to the Quick Boomerang.

Time Stopper still effects all of them though. Seriously, use Time Stopper on a boss in Mega Man 2. I think it even effects the Wily Machine! By your logic we shouldn't use weaknesses either, since what sence does it make for Darkman 4 to have a deadly alergey to robotic birds?

@Smashor

The Robot Masters usually have very justified weaknesses.

Air Man gets his fan clogged by Wood Man's Leaf Shield.

Wood Man gets burned by Blast Man's Atomic Fire.

The Metal Blade pops Bubble Man's bubbles while its ceratanium alloy construction makes it resistant to his acid.

And so on.

I'm gonna make a blog post trying to find every justification for Robot Master's resistances.

Guts Man's Resistances

The Rockman Complete Works site only had justifications for Mega Man 1-3 (and the ones from MM3 were pretty vague)

Anyway, here is it .

Back