• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Man (Classic) Ability additions

I believe it's because the High 5-A calc came from a Black Hole, which was unquantifiable for durability.

I believe it's because the High 5-A calc came from a Black Hole, which was unquantifiable for durability.
Is because Megaman using power gear grants him a power boost but not a defensive boost

The other high 5-A feat is him using 2 mega busters, which is again a power boost, not a defensive boost

Edit: Also, he has "probably higher" because despite him being 5-A, he can fight other power gear users who should be also high 5-A, but you can always defeat the bosses without getting hit, Megaman also could perfectly be using speed gear to dodge his high 5-A attacks, etc, so probably rating is the best option"

Speaking of which, I know it should be saved for a different topic, but I know Classic series has like an at least High 6-C key with a possibly 5-A for pre Mega Man 5 on gameboy. I know most of the fanbase just wanted 5-A outright since all Robot Masters are still built using the same superalloys and use same power sources. But it was agreed there are canon statements about Mega Man getting tweaks that make him noticeably stronger throughout the series. So a key is justified.

The X series kind of goes through the same thing where his 4-B feat happens in X8 iirc, and it's implied X, Zero, and Axl a got a lot stronger to the point where the clones who should be as strong as the original Sigma are treated like fodder enemies. There are some High 5-A feats earlier, and X at his weakest still upscales from any Classic series at their strongest. So I am wondering if there's going to be a similar key split format there.

it's true that PG doesn't increase megaman's defense but he can still survive PG attacks from other robot masters, despite him taking much more damage than normal

Power Gears also do utilize the UES being made of the same UES digital Data that pretty much all super weapons in the Mega Man series are made from also.

The X series kind of goes through the same thing where his 4-B feat happens in X8 iirc, and it's implied X, Zero, and Axl a got a lot stronger to the point where the clones who should be as strong as the original Sigma are treated like fodder enemies. There are some High 5-A feats earlier, and X at his weakest still upscales from any Classic series at their strongest. So I am wondering if there's going to be a similar key split format there.
Potentially? It's a bit more tricky to quantify for X given while, yes, he does grow stronger the more he adventures, it's difficulty to keep track by how much he grows strong.

Zero theoretically would be much more simple to split into keys due to, you know, blatantly getting upgrades throughout the series. But maybe this could be implemented. I'll see how to go about that.

Potentially? It's a bit more tricky to quantify for X given while, yes, he does grow stronger the more he adventures, it's difficulty to keep track by how much he grows strong.

Zero theoretically would be much more simple to split into keys due to, you know, blatantly getting upgrades throughout the series. But maybe this could be implemented. I'll see how to go about that.
We've talked about splitting them into different X-Era Keys so many times at this point....

Obviously, that's especially true that Zero series really upgraded X and Zero hence the massive speed buffs. And another thing that makes it complicated are the armor upgrades; First Armor, Second Armor, Third Armor, ect. Though I do notice a few buffs; Zero was originally strong than base X but weaker than First Armor X given the fight against Vile. But Zero came back seemingly much stronger than 2nd armor X; he one-shots a boss built using Zero's old body and was originally a tough boss fight for X. But then Third Armor X goes back to being much stronger than Zero, especially with the Z Saber. Also, stuff like Ultimate Armor legit is canon, but Light implies it's too dangerous to use, so Ultimate Armor seems clear cut 4-B in general. Same with Black Armor Zero.

And it is true Zero does have more linear indications of getting stronger.

I try a suggestion, the tier of the X can be like this :
4-B in base form, higher with armor, even higher with ultimate armor

Obviously, that's especially true that Zero series really upgraded X and Zero hence the massive speed buffs. And another thing that makes it complicated are the armor upgrades; First Armor, Second Armor, Third Armor, ect. Though I do notice a few buffs; Zero was originally strong than base X but weaker than First Armor X given the fight against Vile. But Zero came back seemingly much stronger than 2nd armor X; he one-shots a boss built using Zero's old body and was originally a tough boss fight for X. But then Third Armor X goes back to being much stronger than Zero, especially with the Z Saber. Also, stuff like Ultimate Armor legit is canon, but Light implies it's too dangerous to use, so Ultimate Armor seems clear cut 4-B in general. Same with Black Armor Zero.

And it is true Zero does have more linear indications of getting stronger.
This only gets a bit further complicated when you take into consideration the Sigma/Zero Virus amps that Zero gets in X5, given... he can grow so strong he can just one-shot X with Genmurei (Genmu Zero) lol

I try a suggestion, the tier of the X can be like this :
4-B in base form, higher with armor, even higher with ultimate armor
really, the x profile will be the most complicated for you to change/update/revisit/make corrections/add etc etc and etc and oh, just like Zero, he also has a NEO ARMOR

it's true that PG doesn't increase megaman's defense but he can still survive PG attacks from other robot masters, despite him taking much more damage than normal
I believe its a bit of gameplay/story segregation.

The game makes it very clear that Mega Man stands no chance against the bosses of MM11 without the DGS, and characters can take attacks x times stronger than themselves without scaling directly.
Also, scaling Mega Man's durability to PG attacks just creates a circular scaling chain.

The game makes it very clear that Mega Man stands no chance against the bosses of MM11 without the DGS, and characters can take attacks x times stronger than themselves without scaling directly.
Also, scaling Mega Man's durability to PG attacks just creates a circular scaling chain.
true, but in this case, the only ones that would change would be Rock, Torch man, Ramoon and wily, and possibly doctor light and Duo, as megaman 12 will not appear in the next few years, this scaling chain will not be so big..i think.

true, but in this case, the only ones that would change would be Rock, Torch man, Ramoon and wily, and possibly doctor light and Duo, as megaman 12 will not appear in the next few years, this scaling chain will not be so big..i think.
That's not what circular scaling means. When a scaling chain is circular, it means that chain will come back to the character it started with. Since the MM11 Robot Masters can harm Rock without the power gear it messes with the scaling. It would make it so the RMs are equally strong in base form as they are with the Power Gear amp, which doesn't make sense for obvious reasons.

I agree with Rodri here, and I disagree with scaling Rock's durability to High 5-A.

Last edited:
This only gets a bit further complicated when you take into consideration the Sigma/Zero Virus amps that Zero gets in X5, given... he can grow so strong he can just one-shot X with Genmurei (Genmu Zero) lol
Yeah, that too.

Eh, I still stay Mega Man could still do the Skill. There were probably times when he overheated from Gear overuse or had to fight without it for a bit

Doesn't mean he could have done the skill several times occasionally where he needs to let his gears cool off

Doesn't mean he could have done the skill several times occasionally where he needs to let his gears cool off
It’s not like the rms had the Gear’s active for their whole fight. They used it in short burst similar to Rock. He probably just recharged while the robot masters weren’t using the gears.

And like Rodri mentioned, if Rock’s durability were to scale to the power gear then it would create a circular scaling chain.

Back