• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Man (Classic) Ability additions

Today I’m going to try to get a whole bunch of abilities for Rock added and try to give Rock an actual intelligence rating. This is going to be a long one so bare with me. I'm again using the spoiler tag feature to separate the CRT so It's not just a wall of text. There’s nothing else to really say so I’ll begin.

Bodily Weaponry : Rock has an arm cannon

Transformation:Rock can transform either arm into an arm cannon and he can turn it back into a regular arm.

Absorption: Rock is passively absorbing the Sun’s energy considering the fact that he is solar powered.

Enhanced Senses: Rock is able to fight in pitch black areas.

Accelerated Development: In the events of the events of the first game, Rock gets converted from a lab assistant robot to a robot with combat abilities to stop Doctor Light's out of control robots. Despite the fact that Rock has not had any prior training or combat experience(the only thing he really did before MM1 was help Doctor Light with his lab work) Rock was able to quickly learn how to fight and he went on to defeat an entire army or robots. Further supporting this Accelerated Development, Rock is able to master and learn how to use new weapons and abilities in short amounts of time.

Organic Manipulation: He can create blobs of oil with the Oil Slider.

Surface Scaling: Item-3 allows him to scale surfaces.

Technology Manipulation: Rock has access to Shadow Man’s Shadow Blade, which is a weapon that deranges the functions of any mechanism hit.

Paralysis Inducement: He can paralyze robots with the Spark Shock.

Body Control: Rock can fire off his fist as a projectile with the Hard Knuckle.

Temperature Manipulation:The Pharaoh Shot allows the user to manipulate Thermal Energy and form it into a ball(Thermal Manipulation is listed under Temperature Manipulation)

Energy Manipulation: Skull Barrier and Star Crash allows Mega Man to manipulate small bits of energy and have them rotate around him. Also in the Star Crash’s case, he can launch the energy bits at others.

Weapon Control: Rock has weapons that he can telekinetically change the direction of mid flight such as Gyro Attack and Hard Knuckle.

Crystal Manipulation:He can launch large crystals with the Crystal Eye.

Pre Stardroid Invasion Resistances:
Extreme Temperatures: Rock has shown the ability to resist extremely hot and extremely cold temperatures. He can tank Heat Man’s fire attacks without melting. Heat Man’s flames are capable of reaching 12000 degrees which is hotter than the temperature of the sun(The scan is a translated version of Heat Man’s japanese data entry from Mega Man & Bass). He can also tank Ice Man’s Ice Slasher without freezing. The Ice Slasher can reach 200 degrees below zero(This comes from Dr. Light's Journal, An official guidebook detailing Dr. Light’s studies leading up to the events of the first Mega Man game).

Technology Manipulation: Shadow Man’s Shadow Blade is coated with a special liquid that deranges the function of any machine that is hit by it. Despite this fact, whenever Rock is hit by the Shadow Blade he takes it like any other attack and he still works completely fine without any issue.

Corrosion Inducement: He can tank Toad Man’s Rain Flush, which is an acidic rainstorm,

Resistance to Electricity Manipulation:He can tank electric attacks from Elec Man. Elec Man’s Thunder Beam is potent enough to short circuit numerous robots. Also later on he can take hits from Spark Man. A robot who has electricity that is twice as potent as Elec Man’s.

Plasma Manipulation:He can fire off balls of plasma with the Plug Ball

Illusion Creation: He can generate holograms with Copy Vision

Magnetism Manipulation: The Junk Shield allows him to use magnetism and make metal scraps orbit around him.

Social Influencing: He was able to convince Quick Man(A robot who was very intent on killing him a few minutes prior) to turn on Wily and protect him.

Acrobatics: Throughout Super Adventure Rockman, Rock has shown to be capable of doing acrobatic jumps multiple times.

Vehicular Mastery: In Mega Man V, Rock is shown to be a skilled pilot. He can maneuver Rush around enemy bullets as well as asteroids. He has also shown to be a skilled kart raced in Mega Man Battle & Chase.

Transmutation: He can turn enemies into land mines with the Mine Transformer

Power Nullification: The Blocker item is an item that nullifies an opponent's special ability. This is what it looks like when used(It blocks Roll’s special ability gauge at the top left). Rock can obtain and use this weapon in game

Analytical Prediction(Precognition): Rock accurately predicted where Flash Man would appear at the end of a time stop. Also Rock’s entire fighting style is based around learning to predict and avoid enemy attack patterns mid battle.

Transformation: In Mega Man 11, Rock’s Variable Weapon system has seemingly evolved and now Rock’s form changes whenever he uses a new special weapon.

Limited Power Modification:The Power gear changes the way his special weapons act when activated. An example of this, Rock’s Scramble Thunder normally explodes and leaves a small electrical field whenever it makes contact with an enemy but with the Power Gear it goes through everything and doesn’t explode at all.

Self Perception Manipulation:The Speed Gear allows him to slow his perception of time.

Afterimage creation:He can create afterimages with the Speed Gear.

Aura(Explosive):When using the Double Gear Technique a yellow aura surrounds his body.

Resistance to Black Holes:He can survive the effects of Saturn's black holes while in the singularity.

Resistance to Fire Manipulation: In the Mega Man 8 opening, he easily shrugs off a blast of fire with no notable damage or burns.

Even though Rock has a small paragraph for his intelligence section he doesn’t have a set intelligence reading and is currently listed as unknown. Rock should have a gifted Intelligence rating and I’ll list some of Rock’s intelligence and skill feats to back this up:

Rock has battled and defeated over 100 robot masters and other machines which all have different statistics, fighting styles, and abilities. I’m gonna list some notable opponents that Rock has defeated:

He defeated Buster Rod G. A Robot that has been described as a skilled martial artist.

He was able to defeat robots like Centaur Man, Flash Man, and Time Man. Robots that often spam their time stopping(or in Time Man’s case, time slowing ) abilities mid battle. Rock was able to avoid their attacks and defeat them despite being trapped in stopped(or slowed) time throughout most of their battles.

He defeated Knight Man, A robot who has fought in and won over 1000 battles.

He defeated Ra Thor and the Ra Devil. Two machines that were created and being controlled by the over 20000 year old supercomputer, Ra Moon.

He defeated a near perfect clone of himself that had all of his abilities and intelligence.

He defeated Quint and Rockman Shadow. Two future versions of himself that should be superior to his current self skillswise.

He can learn how to use new weapons in short amounts of time.

He has shown to be capable of navigating through multiple trap filled castles created by the genius Dr. Wily(This feat is already on the profile but it’s good support).

I’ve mentioned this one already. Flash Man was spamming Time Stop throughout his fight with Rock and Rock accurately predicted where Flash Man would appear at the end of a time stop.

Rock canonically relies on exploiting enemy weaknesses in battle as shown in the ending of Mega Man IV.(Rock uses the weakness of all of the robot masters there) and the ending of Mega Man 9(In this scene, Rock is showing Wily his past defeats and Rock’s color matches those of the boss' weakness in each of those situations) . This shows that Rock is capable of analyzing and adapting to his opponent’s fighting styles and strategies in short amounts of time. It also shows that he is a quick thinker, considering the fact that he could think of possible enemy weakness mid battle.

I feel all of these feats are good enough to warrant a gifted intelligence rating or at least above average.

That is all.

Last edited:
Most of these are things that are just forgotten to be added, so, yeah agree

As for intelligence, I feel like we need an entire blog of just, every Robot Master he’s fought, which he can do all of them with Mega Buster only technically. Their patterns alone make a huge skill feat list tbh, agree.

I don't know if it is Supernatural Willpower, Resistance to Hacking, or both.
Acrobatics: Throughout Super Adventure Rockman, Rock has shown to be capable of doing acrobatic jumps multiple times.
Actually, Acrobatics ability applies to Pre-Stardroid Invasion Mega Man because Mega Man is a platform game and is therefore capable of avoiding enemies' attack though leaping and firing mid-air. And that's why platform game characters are easier to get Acrobatics.

Lemme see...

I agree with everything pre-stardroid, EXCEPT:
  • Enhanced Senses: No. Wily flashes when he fires his weapon, and even if he didn't, Megaman could've simply made the informed decision of firing at the source of the attacks.
  • Supernatural Willpower: Reading it, it feels less like supernatural willpower and more like Resistance to Technology Manipulation, as it is less about a sense of justice exactly and more about a circuitry system that is about justice, which would imply that it is essentially an override for any unjust action Rock might take.
  • Surface Scaling: Is it really surface scaling? It creates a robot that does the scaling for him which he uses as a platform. I mean, I can see the connection, but ehhh...
  • Accelerated Development: I'll stay neutral on this, not outright agreeing, as while I do agree that Megaman learned how to use weaponry very quickly, I am not convinced at him displaying such a notable level of combat skill that it would warrant this ability. However, as this is subjective to me, I won't outright disagree. Nevermind, after reading the intelligence feats, I agree this constitutes as accelerated development.
I agree with everything post-stardroid and in the intelligence section. I do think that Above Average fits just about right for Megaman, though - he still isn't in the ballpark I'd consider gifted.

Enhanced Senses: No. Wily flashes when he fires his weapon, and even if he didn't, Megaman could've simply made the informed decision of firing at the source of the attacks.
Would this section from Bright Man's stage be enough for enhanced Senses? Rock is able to jump across multiple platforms in a pitch black room.
Supernatural Willpower: Reading it, it feels less like supernatural willpower and more like Resistance to Technology Manipulation, as it is less about a sense of justice exactly and more about a circuitry system that is about justice, which would imply that it is essentially an override for any unjust action Rock might take.
I can agree with this. I'll remove supernatural willpower from the op.
Surface Scaling: Is it really surface scaling? It creates a robot that does the scaling for him which he uses as a platform. I mean, I can see the connection, but ehhh...
It's done with a piece of equipment that Rock has. We normally give characters abilities that they only have via equipment. I don't see why Item-3 would be any different. By this logic, shouldn't we remove Flight and Spaceflight from Rock's profile because he needs Rush to fly?
I do think that Above Average fits just about right for Megaman, though - he still isn't in the ballpark I'd consider gifted.
I disagree here. I feel Rock fits the gifted criteria. On the Intelligence page it says, that to be gifted, a character has to "demonstrate high reasoning ability" (Rock normally displays this when he thinks up counters to his opponent's fighting styles and figuring out opponent weaknesses) "can master difficult concepts with few repetitions"(Rock is able to quickly learn how to use new weapons and devise plans with those weapons in short amounts of time) and "display high performance capability or notable mastery in intellectual or specific academic fields, which makes them equivalent to real-world experts in these areas." ( I feel all of the feats I have listed so far would put Rock far above most real world experts when it comes to combat).

Would this section from Bright Man's stage be enough for enhanced Senses? Rock is able to jump across multiple platforms in a pitch black room.
I dunno... They are clearly visible in the dark, and if it is meant to represent that even in the dark Rock can see them, it is mighty inconsistent with how Rock is utterly blindsided in any other such occasion.
It's done with a piece of equipment that Rock has. We normally give characters abilities that they only have via equipment. I don't see why Item-3 would be any different. By this logic, shouldn't we remove Flight and Spaceflight from Rock's profile because he needs Rush to fly?
Fair point. I'd argue that it is different from a piece of equipment like, say, climbing claws, which still needs motion from the user to engage, but it's fine.
I disagree here. I feel Rock fits the gifted criteria. On the Intelligence page it says, that to be gifted, a character has to "demonstrate high reasoning ability" (Rock normally displays this when he thinks up counters to his opponent's fighting styles and figuring out opponent weaknesses) "can master difficult concepts with few repetitions"(Rock is able to quickly learn how to use new weapons and devise plans with those weapons in short amounts of time) and "display high performance capability or notable mastery in intellectual or specific academic fields, which makes them equivalent to real-world experts in these areas." ( I feel all of the feats I have listed so far would put Rock far above most real world experts when it comes to combat).
I would disagree with the high reasoning, as using weaknesses that are clearly demonstrated by the Robot Masters when hit by them isn't a good feat of very high reasoning, although it does justify wuick thinking.

As for the rest, fair enough. I dislike putting people's intellects highly by their performance in fighting skill alone, but using it as a standard, it is fair. I disagree that Rock would necessarily be far above real world experts as such, but he is certainly an expert himself.

So, I'm fine with Gifted then, but only if we use fighting ability as a standard.

As for the rest, fair enough. I dislike putting people's intellects highly by their performance in fighting skill alone, but using it as a standard, it is fair. I disagree that Rock would necessarily be far above real world experts as such, but he is certainly an expert himself.

So, I'm fine with Gifted then, but only if we use fighting ability as a standard.
Would it be better if the profile said "Average normally, Gifted in combat" and then it explains why Rock is at the level he is at?

Would it be better if the profile said "Average normally, Gifted in combat" and then it explains why Rock is at the level he is at?
As in the wiki we don't tend to separate intellect types (Average for a topic, Gifted in another one), I think that a Gifted in general is alrighty, no need to specify more. The intellect description should make it clear enought that it is about fighting skill.

OH WOW I TOTALLY DIDN'T FORGET TO COMMENT UNTIL NOW WOW.

There are a few other things that should be changed:
*The Proto Shield should be moved to the post Stardroid invasion key due to Super Rockman Adventure taking place after it, explanation here.
*Mega Man has shown surface scaling on his own, whether it should be exclusive to his second key or not is another topic.
*The Leaf Shield gives electromagnetism manipulation according to Rockman Daizukan and Rockman & Rockman X Himitsu Daihyakka ("Electromanetic wave generator, shield that creates a completely safe position" and "Leaves with a special coating, they move thanks to a compact generator of electromagnetic waves").

The other thing is how we handle Mega Man's access to special weapons (Which we talked about both on the forums and Discord but never did anything about it). I think a note like this should be added:
"Due to games like Mega Man: The Wily Wars and Mega Man V, it is unknown if Mega Man can carry all of his weapons at once. Should the OP decide to do so, they can choose how many weapons Mega Man has during a VS Thread from 8 (The usual minimum Mega Man carries) to 16 (The maximum he has been shown to carry)."

Aditionally, how do items work in Battle & Chase? How many you can carry, how do get access to them, etc.

Oh, the Time Stopper also works differently than how it is described in the page.
What it does in SAR is freeze time for a few seconds the first shot, and shooting while time is stopped works like uncharged buster shots except they still consumme ammo (You can switch to other weapons instead). The first shot doesn't have to be aimed to stop the target.

Aditionally, how do items work in Battle & Chase? How many you can carry, how do get access to them, etc.
I myself haven't played Battle and Chase ,so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. From what I've seen and read about the game, in the game there is a point system. You get points from destroying obstacles. Every time you get 10 points, your character will get a random item.

I myself haven't played Battle and Chase ,so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. From what I've seen and read about the game, in the game there is a point system. You get points from destroying obstacles. Every time you get 10 points, your character will get a random item.
That's a bit problematic, how would that be handled on a VS thread?

Also, wow, there are quite a few more things that I wanted to say:

From Super Adventure Rockman, Mega Man has an alternate way to fire the Mega Buster, the Search Snake is capable of going through the air (Also aplies to Mega Man while using it), the Bubble Lead is capable of going through the air and should have overpowering the Atomic Fire as a feat.
The description of the New Parts must be changed, explanation here and here.

The other thing I wanted to talk about is AP. In SAR, after absorbing enough energy from other robot masters, Mega Man is capable of bypassing N. Yellow Devil's absorption, which previously protected it from the attack of 10 robot masters. That's not all, while Mega Man is capable of defeating N. Yellow Devil without having to absorb that much energy, Light explicitly stated that robots boosted by the Double Gear system would be too much for Mega Man to handle if Mega Man didn't have the Double Gear system himself, so Double Gear boost should be superior to the boost of absorbing the energy from other Robot Masters. N. Yellow Devil is also called Ra Moon's "shadow" by Wily (Translation deleted, thanks YouTube) implying is an extention of it (So Ra Moon should scale to N. Yellow Devil), and Mega Man can defeat Ra Moon with the Double Rock Buster even if he didn't absorb energy from other Robot Masters.

tl;dr: Mega Man gets a 10x boost after absorbing enough energy or with the Double Rock Buster, and the Power Gear should be above that.

I'm not sure to be honest.
From Super Adventure Rockman, Mega Man has an alternate way to fire the Mega Buster, the Search Snake is capable of going through the air (Also aplies to Mega Man while using it), the Bubble Lead is capable of going through the air and should have overpowering the Atomic Fire as a feat.
The description of the New Parts must be changed, explanation here and here.

The other thing I wanted to talk about is AP. In SAR, after absorbing enough energy from other robot masters, Mega Man is capable of bypassing N. Yellow Devil's absorption, which previously protected it from the attack of 10 robot masters. That's not all, while Mega Man is capable of defeating N. Yellow Devil without having to absorb that much energy, Light explicitly stated that robots boosted by the Double Gear system would be too much for Mega Man to handle if Mega Man didn't have the Double Gear system himself, so Double Gear boost should be superior to the boost of absorbing the energy from other Robot Masters. N. Yellow Devil is also called Ra Moon's "shadow" by Wily (Translation deleted, thanks YouTube) implying is an extention of it (So Ra Moon should scale to N. Yellow Devil), and Mega Man can defeat Ra Moon with the Double Rock Buster even if he didn't absorb energy from other Robot Masters.

tl;dr: Mega Man gets a 10x boost after absorbing enough energy or with the Double Rock Buster, and the Power Gear should be above that.
I agree with this.

Light explicitly stated that robots boosted by the Double Gear system would be too much for Mega Man to handle if Mega Man didn't have the Double Gear system himself, so Double Gear boost should be superior to the boost of absorbing the energy from other Robot Masters. N. Yellow Devil is also called Ra Moon's "shadow" by Wily (Translation deleted, thanks YouTube) implying is an extention of it (So Ra Moon should scale to N. Yellow Devil), and Mega Man can defeat Ra Moon with the Double Rock Buster even if he didn't absorb energy from other Robot Masters.

I mean, I'd like to think that Mega Man can outskill those with the Double Gear System without his own Mega Buster only, because it's something completely doable, and specifically designed to be in the game, but he has the power gear regardless so he should get that buff

Last edited:
I mean, I'd like to think that Mega Man can outskill those with the Double Gear System without his own Mega Buster only, because it's something completely doable, and specifically designed to be in the game
The thing is, even if you manage to do it, all you get is an achievement but Wily says that Mega Man only won thanks to the DGS with neither Mega Man nor Light contradicting him.

Oh, dang. I mean I feel like it should at least be accounted for as something he can do, but didn’t do or smth

That is extreme game mechanics in my opinion, Megaman in other games is not getting items for killing 10 enemies por example, I would disregard it completely
but Wily says that Mega Man only won thanks to the DGS
Could be said because Mega Man needed DGS to traverse some specific points of the stages, I can see it as a potential skill feat to use but nothing more

Everything that's been hashed out so far is fine by me.

Though can we change Absorption and add a Limited at the front of it? Giving him a fairly strong ability for the sake of being solar-powered is a bit iffy by me.

Though can we change Absorption and add a Limited at the front of it? Giving him a fairly strong ability for the sake of being solar-powered is a bit iffy by me.
He has also absorbed energy from other robot masters, though it was given willingly

Seems more like the other Robot Masters should be getting Power Bestowal rather than Mega Man having Absorption from that.

Honestly? I think you’re good to go with applying your revisions.

Honestly? I think you’re good to go with applying your revisions.
This thread is going to be adding a lot of stuff to Rock's profile, so I just wanted to make sure anyone who disagrees with anything can give their input while they still can before i apply these.

I agree with everything, but I have a question, couldn't the "gifted" intelligence be added to Bass and Protoman? They can do pretty much everything that Megaman can.

Back