• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shantae vs Meruem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because turtling yourself inside a bubble and spamming ranged attacks that your opponent can dodge just gives your opponent Time

Time to think a strategy from Meruem is a death sentence

DatOneWeeb said:
Yeah, Meruem takes this. Bubble won't stop his mind manipulation and her resistance only covers all of Scuttle Town, but I doubt they have 500,000 people. Going for Meruem.
At least 500 000 people, I remember that Pouf could mindhax entire country in one place

I should've worded that better. I'm saying I doubt Scuttle Town has 500,000 people, so Shantae wouldn't be able to resist it.

I know I know, I just say that his mindhax is even better. I took 500 000 because Knuckle said that 500k mindhaxed people were already killed but it was entire population of country in one place that was mindhaxed

Welp, they gathered humans there and Pouf just used Spiritual Message to mindhax them. I think that's how we scale mindhax.

with what? Shantae resists his Ren, and Spirtual Massage wouldn't work since Shantae would be intangible

and I have doubts mind hax here wouldnt even affect Shantae given in-universe it effected 500,000 completely normal people, 10-Bs. Shantae is 10^13 times stronger than one of them.

That was however Pouf's and it was casual use (not sure if one could "concentrate" such an abiity but whatever) I will say such an ability was never shown to work anyone that wasn't a completely normal human without any powers.

I'm trying to figure out how Shantae's own mindhax resistance correlates to the mindhax used in the Chimera Ant arc. Why would the mindhax affect her?

Because the scale matters when it comes to mindhax. Superman is much stronger than Emperor Palpatine physically but he would still be stomped by him because Palpatine's mind hax is on a galactic scale, even though Superman himself has decent mind hax resistance.

Does the reach of the hax equate to being able to get past a character's resistance? That never made sense to me.

Because she doesn't have resistance to mind manipulation on that level, resisting a city is nowhere near resisting a country

I cant put it to words but this doesnt sit right with me, I feel like something about this feels incorrect.

and how does Meruem use said ability? Pouf used his scales, physical material, and Meruem uses his aura transmuted into photons, would they affect an intangible being?

We scale abilites such as mind manipulation often by their range (of how many people they can affect at once) and by dimensions. Meruem's can affect an entire country. Holly's affects Scuttle Town (arguably higher when visting the desert but it's iffy) which means Shantae can't resist it. Physical strength doesn't build up a higher resistance to mind manipulation.

AquaWaifu said:
with what? Shantae resists his Ren, and Spirtual Massage wouldn't work since Shantae would be intangible

That was however Pouf's and it was casual use (not sure if one could "concentrate" such an abiity but whatever) I will say such an ability was never shown to work anyone that wasn't a completely normal human without any powers.
Pouf planned to use Spiritual Message on Meruem when he was playing with Komugi. So...

Also she still needs to breath while intangible and Meruem has non-physical interaction for interacting with intangible attacks

Pouf's MInd Hax works on millions of people. Not at least 500,000. I think it's over 15 million to be specific though I'll have to check. Meruem's should be superior anyways.

Anyway even though Death Hax hasn't been demonstrated it should still be a factor. However it only happens through PROLONGED exposure to Nen whilst in a state without Ten. So it isn't instant death hax and Shantae still has an oppurtunity before she dies from strain.

Also it isn't death through madness or fear. It's through straining against a powerful Ren. Let's say I was paralyzed from fear but through will I attempted to push against the Ren. Also the Ren has to specifically ENGULF the other opponent for them to strain against it. It isn't "I flex Ren and you die". It also has to be malicious aura. But we know it isn't just "straining" in a physical sense because it pratically does no damage to ones body.

I'm seeing maybe 5 so far for Meruem. DatOneWeeb, Schnee One, LordUrien935, ApiesDeathbyLazors, and possibly CBslayeR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back