• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meruem tries to solo your favorite verse (READ RULES)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought of this and actually this can be pretty interesting.

RULES:

Meruem (Post-Rose, 7-B version) lands in your favorite verse and tries to defeat or incap (if impossible to kill and eat) everyone, he starts from the weakest ones and absorbs every defeated one, along with their powers and resistances (that's how his ability works, and he becomes stronger every time he eats someone). If he succeeds, he goes further with his new-gained powers to fight with the more powerful ones up to the end. Your verse can create teams or armies if he becomes too powerful to fight with on 1v1 or there are some teams that already exist.

Speed is equalized and Meruem can amp his speed with Nen. Nen Crush is allowed if absolutely necessary. Poison is also allowed and there's no time limit for him.

Meruem - HUNTER×HUNTER Monster Series Collaboration

Now that has me wondering: If he absorbed Thunder McQueen, would he just try to kill himself? Or just use it on another JoJo character while they try to attack him?

Yeah, it's basically the same but instead of crushing souls it's passive fear + madness hax and pseudo-death hax, but it's very limited.

Mob Psycho 100 - The only guy Meruem can't beat in this verse is ???% Mob at the end even with Shimazaki's teleportation or Toichiro's/Mogami's abilities because they passively get countered

Hunter x Hunter - Naturally there are Maha, Five Calamities, Don, maybe Beyond and Ging. But after absorbing Netero and other hunters I'm sure he can beat them.

Akame ga Kill - Meruem with all of Night Raid's abilities can defeat Ennoodzuno Akame and later EoS Esdeath, no doubt. If they team up it's quite a problem. But still he should take this.

Black Clover - Julius exists unfortunately, he can solo his own verse so far. There's not any hax in this verse that can counter Julius' magic even though it's decently haxed for now. If Captains team up Meruem can be defeated until he goes too far

Well, he solos most of the Pre-TS One Piece characters, but some of them can amp his speed to blitz him.

He'd need to eat a Haki user if he wants to face Logias, but there's none Pre-TS while Crocodile exists. Granted, Meruem might be able to vaporize and just blitz him since he's only High Hypersonic at the time (but if Marineford Croco is allowed then the blitz would be the other way around and Meruem most likely won't be able to Rage Blast him).

So... I think Crocodile is as far as he can go. Most of the Post-TS characters overkills.

I said, after absorbing entire Night Raid and every other character that he would beat, for example Budo.

Nen Crush? Is that the same thing as another crush where you supposedly require in-verse energy to cancel it?

Then I suppose it wouldn't work on anyone having a closer energy system when verse equalized

If it's anything like "reiatsu crush" then it would be the caveat of the ability.

Not again, bro...

Let's not start the discussion again. Reiatsu Crush depends on soul resistance and has been disproved to be based on power.

HxH characters needs a specific Nen application to resist Nen's effects. No caveats. It's an ability granting resistance.

Not this again. I thought this was discussed in the last staff thread. There was no thread about reiatsu crush working irrespective of power and most people in the staff thread agreed that it doesn't work like that.

Can you go in detail about that?

Because Tatsuki/umi (can't remember the name well) was able to somewhat resist Yammi's crush despite the latter killing people just by standing on the area. We're talking about a Tier 10 resisting a 7-A's hax while everyother human was completely crushed.

Pretty sure that was already addressed. The hax was meant for fodder normal humans and she did have greater reiryoku than normal humans. Also a character having innate resistance counts as exception. Weaker people resisting it doesn't disprove that the hax doesn't work on stronger people.

And when I said go in detail, I meant about "Nen Crush", not reiatsu.

That proves that Reiryoku gives resistance outside of the amount of it/tiering, it's just that the comparable or stronger characters have equal or better Reiryoku.

Can't remember much of Nen's details, but people like Neferpitou were able to induce a crippling fear and even accelerate aging process to one of Netero's assistants in the invasion. Meruem did so against Welfin as well, to the point of making him lose all his hair.

The pseudo-deathhax is that if a Nen user hits you when using aura and you don't block with a similar aura output, you get destroyed on contact (it's more like Dura Negation rather than Death hax [unless that's not the one I'm talking about]).

Puella Magi Verse:how would his absorption work with magical girls, since all their resistances and stuff come from their soul gems

Either way he kills the weaker girls then dies to homura because timestop op

Also Post-Rose Meruem would have no problems to escape nukes with teleportation. If speed was unequalized he would easily escape it too.

The Calaca said:
Can't remember much of Nen's details, but people like Neferpitou were able to induce a crippling fear and even accelerate aging process to one of Netero's assistants in the invasion. Meruem did so against Welfin as well, to the point of making him lose all his hair.

The pseudo-deathhax is that if a Nen user hits you when using aura and you don't block with a similar aura output, you get destroyed on contact (it's more like Dura Negation rather than Death hax [unless that's not the one I'm talking about]).
Even a weakling like Zushi was able to instill terror into Killua, who is much stronger, faster, and more experienced that Zushi was. For paralysis, an example would be Illumi and his Needlemen. His aura is so strong that if a Needlemen somehow survived they are stated to be instantly crippled for life.

Death hax is from prolonged exposure to Ren. The destroying on contact thing is Ryu but it also applies to Ko and Gyo.

DC Comics: He can beat the Batman characters but almost anyone else from the JLA taps.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: GER incaps him with willpower manipulation.

Hunter x Hunter: He's already the God tier so...

Bloodborne: Doubt Ten is gonna help him when he sees the Moon Presence.

Warhammer 40,000: He can beat normal Space Marines and he should also be able to take out Culexus, right? Unless Nen is something that can be nulled.

Harry Potter: Gonna be a big fat YIKES from me, dawg

The Witcher: Stomps everyone then gets stomped by G.O.D

Call of Duty: Richtofen seals him in the summoning key

One Piece: Does well in most of pre-timeskip, gets stomped anywhere in post-timeskip.

"gets stomped by G.O.D" you mean Gaunter? He's a huge unknown tbh. He doesn't kill people unless he got a contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back