• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meruem tries to solo your favorite verse (READ RULES)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were the one who asserted improper information regarding the topic, or at least an improper position, especially in a confrontational "Oh, I reject what you said!" Type of way irrelevant to what an actual thread surrounding it case to as a consensus. and AKM asked you to support the opinion you had about it, which you said you had fuzzy details on. So, I posted the information, and now the first thing you do is complain about me saying something about it?

You were wrong. There's a clear as day caveat in the abilities, and you blindly asserted that you need some special resistance to the type of hax when that's not what the verse itself operates Under. The shroud function IS a caveat, and you can correct me if i'm Wrong, but I think you were particularly against the notion of abilities having this kinds of caveats, and especially against the notion of us recognizing them as caveats. But maybe i'm wrong and you didn't say anything in the last thread. Regardless, you were wrong about Nen, and that's all I wanted to clear up.

To be clear; Aura doesn't grant you resistance to fear and these effects in the conventional sense. If I had an X men mutation that gave me fear and paralysis manipulation, which is not spiritual energy/aura based in any way, they wouldn't have resistance to the effects, because the way the defense against them works is through a shroud of energy designed to protect from Life Energy/Aura/Chi energies pushing their bloodlust into an unprotected target. If I assaulted their minds with these effects telepathically, their aura wouldn't give them any special resistances, because it is not a thing that blesses their minds with strength independent of their power defending them, it's them literally shielding their bodies from the Aura itself.

So, why verse with mind hax that does that shit can hax Meruem, any Verse that uses Spiritual/Mystical/Chi bullshit to do similar affects can't do it while HxH characters are shrouded unless clarified, and vice versa. Sung Jin Woo's bloodlust ability, for example, might not work, given its likely a Mystic/Spirit Energy aura based thing that can be guarded from by Ten. And Solo Leveling characters have been known to shroud themselves in Auras, so they MAY be able to defend against these abilities due to their caveat and weakness of them not being able to pierce through shrouds.

My God, for the last time, this is NOT the place to discuss that. Nobody is even arguing Nen Crush.

Go ahead, do the CRT. You're getting on my nerves with this stuff in every HxH thread.

Ok. I'm not wrong. The reason it got rejected was because no one was actually trying to understand the verse. They did what you're doing rn and just repeated the same thing over and over again. "You got rejected!" As if that precedent means my argument is incorrect, instead of arguing against what I actually said.

Amexim said:
Ok. I'm not wrong. The reason it got rejected was because no one was actually trying to understand the verse. They did what you're doing rn and just repeated the same thing over and over again. "You got rejected!" As if that precedent means my argument is incorrect, instead of arguing against what I actually said.
Okay, but have you thought about the following: This isn't the thread to talk about this, hell, nen crush was restricted on this one.

It was relevant. Because it was brought up in literally the first 20 posts, and already debates began over it. Calaca said "No caveats!" And I demonstrated how that makes no sense. Then everyone began to be childish about it by, instead of engaging with the points I made, say "No, you're wrong, you were rejected," as if that makes me wrong inherently.

But here:https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3573457?useskin=oasis

Ah, it's now allowed. But it still isn't the place to discuss if Nen crush is a thing or not, you just have to discuss whether or not he beats any verse with it. Jesus.

If people think it's a thing, and it's not, and that idea hinges on a victory in some circumstances, then isn't it relevant to discuss it?

You know, just Incase someone like AKM thinks it's relevant to a fight he has in mind! And then someone like Calaca thinks you need special resistances because they believe that Nen grants the user themselves a special ability hax that's more a Hatsu from HxH than an actual verse mechanic.

It came up. Without my prodding. It became relevant without me doing anything.

Probably gets into the Mid-Tiers of Ultra Series but the moment they hit actual Ultras, he basically gets curbstomped as they're far too out of his league. And even if he does get to the High-Tiers, he hard stops at the likes of Zero who can go "no u" to Meruem if he tries anything Nen against him.

Also, Nen Crush has been allowed since I started posting in this thread, with the clarification "if necessary". So it was always relevant, and I'd like an addendum to Calaca saying "It's restricted for ffs" because it isn't. Not currently, nor has it been sense I posted. So..

It was restricted before but it is not now, then. Probably because Spooky wants some respect for Meruem.

Doesn't change the fact that Nen Crush wasn't the original intention of this thread and you're still derailing with your wall of texts despite the repeated advices of taking that to a CRT.

Nen Crush makes any victory a passive stomp, which guess what, never gets added. It's not a clear way to stack victories and I've already told you this. This BSty argument was never true and that's why Bleach is so infamous in versus threads now.

I have seen the thread. I don't care anymore, but what I care about is that even when you created it, you're still messing around about it here instead of discussing the topic in the CRT, wasting everyone's time with the very same topic we're done to hear about.

You do realize they don't need to be added in order for people to get off on having that be said, right? People make threads all the time to wank off whichever characters they want, just because they wanna be able to say their character can beat a rival they have in mind. That doesn't invalidate the idea that people preserve this Nen Crush myth because they want to spite characters— because people totally LOVE having one sided matches to showcase a character's dominance. Why else do you think people comment "Reinhard Throws his spear gg" and "All Fiction GG", in stomp matches clearly decided with one OP ability that ruins the challenge of the fight? Because even if those threads don't get added, they get acknowledged, and people get their kicks from it.

Worse, you still haven't argued any points against what i've Said in this thread or the one I made when you asked me to, and BLATANTLY tried to create this narrative that I brought it up unprovoked when it's not just been in the OP since I got here, but was discussed and brushed off by you, in a way that's flippant and disregards the actual conclusions that were made for the thread. The CRT about the energy standards were already applied, and the rules stated that we have to take caveats into account. Useless rule if we can neither clarify what is or isn't a caveat because of a disagreement on rulings, nor can we debate and clarify them in the threads they come up in and settle it organically.

You just use bureaucracy to silence the opposition. You simply appeal to the previous threads, and then when I DO make the CRT, you don't even argue against it. You kick it down the curb, and then attempt to avoid engaging in the discussion by saying "we did this already", as if that makes it final and correct. People rejected the idea that African Americans were human before, that doesn't make that ruling correct. Why would people not engaging properly with the evidence and misinterpreting facts in one instance and then a high stress thread about the entire topic in general really make any of what was said in those threads concrete true? You're smart enough to know that's REAL bullshit.

It's a waste of time to you because your mind is already made up even though you're wrong, and I shove it in your face HERE, because you wouldn't listen to reason anywhere else. People ended up being convinced that these things hard require resistances to them, rather than You readily admit you're hazy on the details of Nen's mechanics in the first place, but are quick to simply preserve your notion that you need a natural resistance to counter it. You're biased, and you don't realize it.

That's why I was reluctant to make the CRT. Because whether I be nice or nasty, I get the same bullshit. Nu uh! Nen Crush is only stopped by resistance! And the whole wiki continues to believe that nonsense even when I pull out scans and use critical thinking to explain why that's not true. You literally would have ignored it ANYWAY even if I said this in a CRT by itself. All anyone has done so far is just say that i'm wrong and deny there being a caveat to the ability when there IS one, just because two threads went chaotic as per usual with ANYTHING here.

The Calaca said:
Nen Crush makes any victory a passive stomp, which guess what, never gets added. It's not a clear way to stack victories and I've already told you this. This BSty argument was never true and that's why Bleach is so infamous in versus threads now.
I have seen the thread. I don't care anymore, but what I care about is that even when you created it, you're still messing around about it here instead of discussing the topic in the CRT, wasting everyone's time with the very same topic we're done to hear about.
Isn't the Death Manipulation based on non-nen users feeling the bloodlust present when flaring ren? IIRC, flaring your Ren is something that has to be done voluntarily.

Not entirely passive, nor entirely unresistable. But yes, it makes a lot of 'verses a lot easier.

Paralyzing and fearhaxing someone just flexing your aura is semi-passive, considering that's what you'd inmediately in a fight.

1. That's only with violent intent, which goes without saying in a fight, yes, but it's not naturally a part of the energy itself, as if it's some kind of poison that requires an immunity to.

2. It's Defended against by having your own shroud of Aura to protect you, so any verse that uses Ki with shrouds would be able to defend against it via Verse Equalization.

Important information in a thread where it's a relevant piece of discussion as to if my favorite verse gets ****** by Ant Man.

Create a new one. I'll close this. Amexim doesn't seem to understand that this isn't the place to discuss Nen Crush mechanics and keeps posting wall of texts despite of it.

Restrict Nen Crush too so it's not relevant at all. Otherwise it would have to be discussed, because if it's real or not is dependent on how it works.

Then it has to be discussed, and would be naturally. Which is fine. People just have to use it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back