• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meruem post-rose speed upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
two reasons behind it:

Pouf's statement about Meruem's speed suggest that Meruem is 4x faster: http://omgmanga.com/hunter_x_hunter/301/11/ 20 minutes top speed for Meruem's original speed -- http://omgmanga.com/hunter_x_hunter/301/14/ 5 minutes

Meruem also blitzing Knuckle and the Ant: http://omgmanga.com/hunter_x_hunter/308/14/

Meruem pre-rose is listed as "At least Hypersonic+" (or Mach 10-25), if he is at least Mach 12.5 pre rose, he would be "High Hypersonic+" post-rose

Requested change:

To: Speed: At Least Hypersonic+ | Likely High Hypersonic+

if anyone could find what the calc was that gave them the hypersonic+ rating so we had a solid number to work with that would be good (it may involve pitou getting knocked away by netero which iirc was mach 13?)

I agree with this upgrade though

so according to this, a mach 20 cheetu.

that is very impressive. heck if we accepted that upgrading his speed based on that travel distance is essentially mach20X4, that very well could add the "At least" High Hypersonic+ to his speed aswell, considering PostRose Meruem>>>PreRose Meruem>>>Royal Guards>>>Cheetu

Actually his speed increased 3x. When pouf said it would take Meruem 20 minutes to reach the palace they were at the place where the battle happened but when Pouf made the statement about 5 minutes they already crossrd a good distance and in that panel we see pouf thinking 15 minutes... no 5 minutes. So, 3x speed increase. I am with High Hypersonic+ speed.

"Royal Guards>>>Cheetu"

In speed? No.

I'm okay with saying Meruem is better but not the guards.

You can use mach 60-ish for the post-rose speed though I suppose, since Pouf is pretty reliable with numbers.

You could make a case for the other guards like youpi just being youpi, and pouf saying he'd have issues chasing godspeed killua, but i'd imagine pitou is faster than cheetu, but thats getting a bit offtopic me thinks

I agree with Alaka. There is reason to believe that the guards and pre-rose Meruem were closer in speed. Pitou especially. Cheetu was nothing BUT speed and seems to have the edge over the guards in that category (especially when comparing Cheetu vs that smoke guy (keep forgetting the name... have not watched for a while) and the smoke guy's fights against Youpi and even Pouf, though the latter was extremely brief.

If Cheetu is Mach 20 and the guards are mach 12+ with Meruem being close, for example.

So, High Hypersonic+ Meruem?

@Basilisk -- Pouf would not have been reacting several minutes after they took flight. even if it were really 6 minutes, that's close to 4x in speed. Still, either way, unless Meruem turns out to be over Mach 25+ pre-rose, he would remain High Hypersonic+.

meruem is superior to cheetu.

also seeing as everyone here seems to agree I think it's fine to add the changes

look, we can safely say meruem is AT LEAST comparable to cheetu, and thats the end of this thread then, yes?

@CinCameron20 ""Pouf would not have been reacting several minutes after they took flight. even if it were really 6 minutes, that's close to 4x in speed. Still, either way, unless Meruem turns out to be over Mach 25+ pre-rose, he would remain High Hypersonic+"".

I don't understand any of this. Where does the 6 minutes even come from??

I think it's quiet clear that when pouf makes the 5 minute statement he thought it would normally take 15 minutes to reach the palace from there. The 20 minute statement came in a different panel and at a different place (where the battle happened). The speed increase is 3x not 4x. That's still High Hypersonic+.

@Everyone else So, unless anyone else has to add anything more let's conclude that Post rose Meruem is High Hypersonic+.

The 20 minute statement came from 2 pages before the 15/5 minute statement.

Youpi stated that it would take 15 minutes for Meruem after seeing his display with his new wings, but after they took flight, Pouf stated "Not 15... 5 minutes", but either way--whether 3 or 4x his original speed, it is still High Hypersonic+ is all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back