• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Merlin (NNT) vs Irene Belserion

Hax battle? Merlin's cube never resisted something on even island lvl so you can't assume it survives large island attack and her magic time stop would mean her enchantment is stronger than Irene's which again is just assuming since she is on much Lower scale.

Nah it's those two swords that are animated that are island lvl for fighting Mira. Now unless you wanna make that match-up (which has no sense)this is a stomp.

Hmm, don't you know how this works? She has an Island level version so it's eligible to be used. She'll be able to use all her techniques except for her Large Island level ones. Like Deus Sema. Except I'm missing something.

^hmm... I guess it's okay,but I am not convinced since that island lvl stats is not done by her physically,but okay.

That still leaves with fact that even with at least island lvl she high end Island lvl and Merlin is only possibly and low end so, Irene would win easily since her enchantments would be greater in power and she can even by pass the perfect cube since she can affect Merlin's clothes directly.

And pretty sure anything in her dragon form is large island lvl considered, since August is large island as well and they are pretty much the same strength.

^actually she and August are considered much stronger than the rest of spriggans just like Brandish her self said so she should be considered the same as August. Anyway I guess we can just go with high island lvl than and I already gave my vote and explation a.

Surely Human form Irene is at least as strong as her minions given that she made them and just one of her berserkers could overpower Erza. Plus Irene herself could tank blows from Erza and could easily keep up with her in cqc.

Since it's not specified arn't we using the strongest versions of both characters?

Burning Full Fingers said:
It should be specified to be Human Irene. Would Dragon Irene be able to use all her techniques normally?
Yes, she said that her enchanment got enhaced, so her spells would be stronger

WilliamShadow said:
^hmm... I guess it's okay,but I am not convinced since that island lvl stats is not done by her physically,but okay.
That still leaves with fact that even with at least island lvl she high end Island lvl and Merlin is only possibly and low end so, Irene would win easily since her enchantments would be greater in power and she can even by pass the perfect cube since she can affect Merlin's clothes directly.
Technically, Irene is "At least low end Island (Brandish's calc is around 8 GT IIRC)" and Merlin is "Possibly mid end Island (40 GT or something)"

So if something, they are comparable

Irene have a great AoE, but she cant kill Merlin Since she can change her repository soul As she did when Galan turned his body to stone.

In addition to that she can BRF Irene who could not do anything thanks to Infinity, Irene would be teleporting forever without being able to cancel the magic.

You do realize that Irene could just force Merlin out of whatever object she has hidden in and could cancel infinity since it is a buff applied to Merlin's spells with Deus Zero

Inpossible, with infinity Merlin's magic cant be negated/nulify, infinity works controling the time, it stop the time of magic. Besides that Merlin can just stay into his perfect cube and BRF her for into a Vulcan, seling her, use some infinity attack...

Nope, Merlin herself can cancel Infinity and since it functions as a buff to a spell (by stopping it's time and making it last forever, unless canceled) Deus Zero (which can seperate things such as buffs from other things) can remove infinity from whatever it was cast on.

True Merlin could stay inside perfect cube and throw spells assuming she casts PC.

Merlin always use in combat. Merlin just can cancel because shr controls the ability, when I said before, she controls the time of magic, stoping the time= infinity, you cant cancel or negate, put the normal time, she can stop the magic, simple.

Deus zero just show BRF people, thing that Merlin can just negate with Absolute cancel or use her own teleportation magic and return, one time returned, Infinity says when he want stay

Not always, when she fought Greyroad/Greylord she didn't use PC and was going to let his magic hit her just to see what it would do. Merlin negates her spells with a spell called absolute cancel, getting rid of infinity and whatever it was cast on at the same time.

Universe one is Irene's BFR not Deus Zero.

Infinity cancel just is used to cancel others magics, never used to his own magic.

When she fights agaist Greyroad she not used PC cause its not necessary.

Incorrect, merlin has used her cancelation on her own magic.

Merlin not using PC in that fight is actually a case of her being overconfident because she didn't know what Greyroad was capable of and outright stated she wanted to be hit with Greyroad's magic to see what it did; In fact she would have been killed by Greyroad's commandment if she hadn't used infinity to make herself stop aging.

@Delta

She used Infinity on herself long before that, as she was complaining about how little time humans had to live, so she simply made her own time infinite.

I love Merlin but I think Irene has this, while Merlin's Infinity and absolute cancel are usfull agaitns Irene her AC is only usable if she's in direct contact and Infinity works like a status effect so Irene should be able to cancel it with Deus Zero.

If this is in character then Merlin would loose since she's playful in her battles unless its againts someone she knows is dangerous, and while their both able to use stats and buff againts objects and people Irene is more effective and versitile in her apliation while Merlin is more, I guess 'pratical' in her use. While I can see them ending it as a tie, as long as Merlin keeps her playfull nature she opens her self to Irene's abilites since she is more of a resercher by trait then fighter.

@JBennett

I mean, Merlin has Balor's Power Eye, so she'll know that Irene is dangerous from the get go. After that it's just a matter of freezing Irene and stopping time before she can react.

BPE just simply measures the amount of magical abilites, will, and strength one has, since their mostly equal it shouldn't really give Merlin much to worry about. at best Irene's MAgic would be higher but not my too much that she would be fearful of since she is natrually brave againts the TC and their easily more powerful then Merlin by that meaurment.

SInce Irene is a powerful and skilled magician its unlikely she would be caught off guard unless she is flustered or destracted so just trying to freez her wouldn't work and I doubt that she wouldn't be able to break out of it, its not indestructible just last forever.

Back