• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megamind vs. Regulus Corneas (Supercriminals Brackets Round 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Got nothin’ here, just weird.

Megamind nominated by @Dusty_Raider vs. Regulus Corneas nominated by @FantaRin_The_First

Match Conditions​

• Battle takes place in a populated New York City at 8 PM
  • Starting locations will be Trump Tower and Africa Center for each opponent (opposite ends of Central Park, essentially) with both characters NOT knowing each other’s location, thus having to track one another down and having ample oppurtunities to set up ambushes or any traps.
  • Characters have a surface level prior knowledge on each other, same as any regular denizen of their opponent’s verse.
  • Completely in-character, and speed equalized.

Last edited:
Hm. With the surface-level prior knowledge, Megamind would only know that Regulus is a murderous psychopath who murders anybody who irritates him in the slightest and kidnaps women that he deems as worthy and forces them to be his wives with or without their consent.

With that in mind, Regulus won't even attempt to prep for Megamind, he'll just go around killing people and kidnapping women as his in-character move. So Megamind will have a lot of time in studying Regulus' abilities and his moveset, so to speak.

I'll also talk about Regulus' power here... He can stop his own time to make himself completely invincible. He can apply his invincible effect to anything that is part of him or anything he touches, which makes them unstoppable and makes them ignore durability. The best way to nullify his ability is to target his wives. While I am 100% Megamind won't ever think of killing Regulus' wives, he could turn all of them into the blue cube thing that he turned Tighten into and effectively cripple Regulus and make him extremely helpless.

Should also mention that Regulus is not creative, clever, or skilled in the slightest. He depends on his power to be a threat. He won't plan nor will he attack first, either, due to CIS. When Megamind appears, Regulus will, without fail, rant at Megamind for violating his rights like a goddamn male Karen and will essentially let Megamind do whatever because he is also extremely arrogant in his power. Plus, even after that, Regulus will aim at Megamind's limbs so that he won't kill him too fast in order to rant at him some more.

... Okay, he's basically a white-haired Tighten for any Megamind fans here.

Also, fun fact, I am 100% sure that Regulus' invincibility doesn't protect him against Megamind's transmutation.

Also, at most, Regulus would just hunker down at a church or a place to have a wedding, and won't move until Megamind arrives first. He also isn't subtle at all, Megamind would 100% be able to find Regulus by simply listening to the news to hear about a man with strange powers killing anybody who wrongs him and kidnapping women.

Again to further convince folks... Yes, Regulus could literally vaporize Megamind by breathing on him through his power... but he's too full of himself, and how he confronts threats are very simple - a person appears, he rants and rants, and a person is given the chance to attack. Regulus tanks it through his hax, he rants some more, and he attacks by throwing random shit until his opponent is maimed or dead. That's it. He's effectively a hax-version of Tighten with the confidence of Saitama.

He'll let Megamind do whatever he wants and won't seek him out until he's confronted. And that will be his downfall, more or less.

Me seeing Regulus first time in vs battle: OMG, IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DEFEAT

Me knowing how Regulus fight: useless piece of trash, use your ******* POWER

Fun fact, the only person that Regulus killed on-screen is a guy who he asked to stand still so that he could kill him - this guy agreed and let himself be killed... but like a goddamn gigachad, he immediately came back to life ten-to-twenty seconds later and just threw Regulus the **** away. Didn't leave a scratch, but is still a gigachad. This also means that Regulus never actually killed an important named character on-screen. Which is just funny.

If it wasn't already clear, I vote for Megamind as well. Regulus is too Tighten-ish, if you get what I mean. Even bloodlusting him won't help much since he is still heavily affected by his CIS even when he was extremely bloodlusted in his canon series.

If it wasn't already clear, I vote for Megamind as well. Regulus is too Tighten-ish, if you get what I mean. Even bloodlusting him won't help much since he is still heavily affected by his CIS even when he was extremely bloodlusted in his canon series.
Put regulus against tighten, I want to see the fireworks

Pretty sure Regulus' power would prevent transmutation, it's basically a self-inflicted time stop that prevents any outside changes, think Acausality Type 5 but less extreme.

So any form of change would be prevented, including the likes of transmutation, as his body is frozen in a certain moment.

As for cubing his wives. Pretty sure that is as likely as him doing the same to Roxanne when he was going against Metroman. Might put them in some sort of deathtrap and whatever, but causing any actual harm just doesn't seem like something he would do to someone who is pretty much innocent in all this.

Eh, isn't that a bit NFL? I mean... Regulus has never been hit by a transmutation attack like Megamind's, so I can't say that Regulus' power can protect him from that.

NLF would be arguing that it prevents higher dimensional abilities like Acausality Type 5 because it shares similar mechanics.

Looking at the way the ability functions and using logical thinking to realise that "If this works this way then this wouldn't happen." Is not NLF if their is no anti-feats to debunk it functioning this way.

Huh, I... never actually even knew that Acausality had five different types... I'm just going to go wrap my head around this. Also, at the very least, Megamind might be, at the very least, smart enough to figure out Regulus' ability and his collection of wives had a collection - if the protag of Re: Zero could figure out the connection after remembering that Regulus means Little King in Latin, Megamind sure as hell can.

NLF would be arguing that it prevents higher dimensional abilities like Acausality Type 5 because it shares similar mechanics.

Looking at the way the ability functions and using logical thinking to realise that "If this works this way then this wouldn't happen." Is not NLF if their is no anti-feats to debunk it functioning this way.
so is the insinuation by you this is a stomp :v

I genuinely thought that Regulus' powers covered physical stuff (+ a bit of mind, emotion, and soul stuff) but didn't know about this.

Lol I think the only person to affect Regulus may only be Kang then, who is on the other side of the bracket. I may have to kick him, unless you can suggest a replacement, Rin

Actually, never mind. I, uh... Back-up characters are 9-A but they don't have the means to fight Megamind's robots due to their hax not really working well here. Have to drop out of this tourny, sadly.

Lol I think the only person to affect Regulus may only be Kang then, who is on the other side of the bracket. I may have to kick him, unless you can suggest a replacement, Rin
Some dudes have social influence that could work on him
Targeting his wives will also make him unable to use his ability

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back