• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megami Tensei General Discussion Thread

Unsure on my own favorite villain, personally. Haven't been exposed to that many.

I wonder if Narcissus counts. Did his event have a story associated with it?
Nonetheless, I do like him, because he resonates with me, at least in theory/concept. Love thy self, no matter what others think, because they aren't you & their emotions are not yours. Enjoy your indulgences, & take your own path, rejecting that which is forced upon you.

I'm shamefully unsure how accurate to him such philosphy actually is.

Yo. Just got some question if any one of yall here would be so nice to answer and sucg
My question is regarding nyx's position in the overall scaling.
In the site, Nyx is portrayed as weaker than Nyarlathotep and Philemon since she is an archetype, but in p4AU, Elizabeth refers to the realm where Nyx resides as, quote: "The most deepest realm in the abyss"
There is also the databook where it's affirmed that she is the cause of the CU, and Makoto basically needed to open the CU to seal her. So should Nyx really be realistically stronger than Philemon and Nyarlathotep? 🤔
Here, I found these scans in the Vs wiki. Would be grateful if somebody could answer my question. 👍

Interesting statement, but in a sense, yes or no. The inner universe likely refers to his soul, hence the fact he obtained the universe arcana.
Ah okay. 🤔

I heard that the universe should be the embodiment of the CU.
What about of the information that Nyx resides in the deepest realm/the great seal resides in the deepest end according to Elizabeth?
I know that Nyarlathotep and Philemon resides in monado mandala, but that realm is one of the deepest. And according to the VSWiki, there is still something even more deeper, couldn't that realm be Nyx realm? 🤔

I heard that the universe should be the embodiment of the CU.
What about of the information that Nyx resides in the deepest realm/the great seal resides in the deepest end according to Elizabeth?
That’s fine.

I know that Nyarlathotep and Philemon resides in monado mandala, but that realm is one of the deepest. And according to the VSWiki, there is still something even more deeper, couldn't that realm be Nyx realm? 🤔
No, it isn’t.

That’s fine.
Aight.

No, it isn’t.
Hmm. Do you mind explaining why? I'm kinda new to the verse and for now i'm using the vsbw blog to connect the dots, but I can't make sense of why Nyx, if she truly resides in the deepest realm, couldn't be superior to Philemon/Nyarlathotep.
Especially as stated by another person here rn, the inner universe is another term for monado mandala, meaning that makoto sealed her with that power, thus wouldn't this be proving that Nyx is > Phil/nyarly?
Or am I wrong?

Hmm. Do you mind explaining why? I'm kinda new to the verse and for now i'm using the vsbw blog to connect the dots, but I can't make sense of why Nyx, if she truly resides in the deepest realm, couldn't be superior to Philemon/Nyarlathotep.
Especially as stated by another person here rn, the inner universe is another term for monado mandala, meaning that makoto sealed her with that power, thus wouldn't this be proving that Nyx is > Phil/nyarly?
Or am I wrong?
I never said I don’t think Nyx is > Phil/Nyar, she just doesn’t have a deeper realm. She’s an alien.

Yo, gotta ask another question cuz another one popped in my head.
I was reading through the cosmology of Megaten, up to the section on the Great Will and the concept of the Great Reason, but I didn't quite understand one of the arguments presented.

The blog claims that the Great Reason is ultimately the origin. However, the statement used to support this conclusion only mentions that the Great Reason is in an extremely deep part of the origin.

This raises the question (imo): Is the Great Reason truly the origin? Could there be a mistranslation in the interview that I'm unaware of? Or is there something that predates even the Axiom itself? 🤔

Let’s say in the wildest case that the great will turns out to be the great reason in smt5 (crazy hypothetical and not at all what I believe)

How would that change the scaling in comparison to other beings who surpass smt4a yhvh?

How would matter lucifer compare to Steven, as matter Lucifer would be infinitely above smt4a yhvh? How would primal satan scale as a direct agent of the great reason who sees matter Lucifer as non factor in the great scheme of things?

Let’s say in the wildest case that the great will turns out to be the great reason in smt5 (crazy hypothetical and not at all what I believe)

How would that change the scaling in comparison to other beings who surpass smt4a yhvh?

How would matter lucifer compare to Steven, as matter Lucifer would be infinitely above smt4a yhvh? How would primal satan scale as a direct agent of the great reason who sees matter Lucifer as non factor in the great scheme of things?
1. Well, if apocalypse YHVH was no longer the Great Will, I think there wouldn't be any distinction between the SMT II and SMT IV YHVH (correct me if i'm wrong). This would mean that Aleph would scale to Nanashi, and Nahobino would be the absolute strongest SMT protagonist.

2. Stephen still vastly outscales Mater Lucifer because the latter is still tied to the Mandala System and the infinite cycle of transmigration.

3.SMT V's Satan would become the strongest SMT demon fr.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions characters will be upgraded to H1-A+ with Tier 0 plot hax, however. Vincent and the other main characters of Catherine will also scale to H1-A+ because people are too busy comparing the game to Persona 5 to actually play it, so you can make up anything you want about the game on the wiki.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions characters will be upgraded to H1-A+ with Tier 0 plot hax, however. Vincent and the other main characters of Catherine will also scale to H1-A+ because people are too busy comparing the game to Persona 5 to actually play it, so you can make up anything you want about the game on the wiki.
Hey now, I played it.....

The top tiers of the cast are pretty busted actually

Don't forget that DDS will be downgraded to 11-A

Back