• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megabug downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megabugs ratings are completely unjustified and not even tier 2 at all.

The first point is that Megabug warped the reality of marios realm and caused it to become unstable

However, in this it clearly states that the rabids have been teleported to marios realm which is what caused it to become unstable. It never stated anything along the lines of megabug using his own power to cause it to become unstable. This clearly indicates that this was a chain reaction feat and not a power feat.

The only thing that even hints at megabug doing this on his own is his defeat removing all of the corruptions. However based on the fact that the rabbids existing in the mushroom kingdom were stated to be the reason everything was becoming chaotic, all this would mean is that his existence was only part of the reason this was happening. As for warping marios realm here and here, all he did in this scene was open a portal which drew everyone into the same space which is just just a feat of portal creation.

And lastly. None of this was even performed on a universal scale let alone affecting an entire space time continuum. His corruptions have only been shown on a planetary scale with only his portals being used on a larger scale.

Additions:

Megabug should become large star level for defeating and taking control of bowser and being able to fight mario and his friends. He should also get portal creation and Immortality (type 6) or Possession for taking control of bowser.

Sorry but that's incorrect. The Megabug is indeed the cause of the corruption of Mario's world and the reason it became unstable. This is further supported from the DLC where Beep-O was able to detect residual corruption from it, which was clearly causing an instability. It was anomaly in the fabric of space-time created when Rabbid with the supermerge accidentally struck the Time Machine. The Rabbids were corruppted in the first place because of Megabug, further supported when one of the Rabbid turned into Spawny and Beep-O grew ears as soon as they were transported the Rabbids to the Mario's world. Not to mention, it was pointed out that it was the Rabbids were corrupted in the first place because of his energy, shown here when the Rabbids were free from his control. In other words, he is the source of the corruption and instability while the rabbids were not catalyst but simply carrying the energy he implanted in them.

The Supermerge, which is stated to have Dark Matter and Space-Time Manipulation, basically caused a reaction with the Time Machine's Time Warping abilities, which ended up creating Megabug having all of those properties while warping the very essence of their destination to incorporate elements of the Rabbids' world, including it's space time. Proof of this is the Clock Tower, which can reverse time. This was done in order to reverse the moon's orbiting and revolving course in order to be a full moon for Tom Phan to be summoned. It's explained this was only possible due to the effect corruption had upon the realm.

I feel like a lot of this should have been added into his profile to begin with

So he basically causing instability apon the rabids in order to create corruption everywhere else which would be the case if we went by the statement i provided. That still makes it a chain reaction feat. If megabug could cause everything to go unstable on his own then why even target the rabbids in the first place and not the other characters? It was the rabbids after all who were mainly affected by the corruption. Plus the corruption itself still isnt shown to be on a universal or greater scale.

The second paragraph proves he has space time manipulation. It doesnt mean he can destroy/create an entire universe sized space time continuum with his own power. Warping someones destination is just forcing someone to experience dimensional travel which is just hax.

Sorry but none of this is even really low 2-C. At best this would only be low 2-C hax.

There's no chain reaction whatsoever. It already happened the moment he was formed due to the combined powers of the Supermerge and Time Machine. The Rabbids simply carry his energy which corrupts them and defeating them just simply makes him take it back and gives him form. If the Rabbids themselves were also the caused of instability of Mario's verse by simply existing in it, then it would indeed be a chain reaction. However, they aren't and again, we seen it was Megabug, who was the interdimensional rift, causing this, proof when we saw Spawny and Beep-O drastically changing their appearance as soon as the entered the Mushroom Kingdom, the rift breaking apart Mario's world during the ceremony, and the Clock Tower being able to reverse time in the universe as a result of the alteration of the Space-Time in the universe.

" It doesnt mean he can destroy/create an entire universe sized space time continuum with his own power. Warping someones destination is just forcing someone to experience dimensional travel which is just hax."

I suggest you learn the terminolgy properly because warping the fabric of someone's reality isn't dimensional travel, it's reality warping. How the Rabbids got into Mario's world is dimensional travel. What happened to Mario's world, however, is reality warping. The game takes place wihtin the same world Mario lives in, not an alternate version of it. Low 2-C is not limited to simply destroying or creating an entirely new world down from the space-time but also changing and alternating it down to the space-time(Eg. The Celestialsapiens from Ben 10 hence, why the characters and locations' voices and appearances appears different in every season), which he did via altered the reality of Mario's world and giving it properties it did not had such as altering the time to reverse the course of the moon. It seems you are abit confused since you don't understand the story nor the tier.

Please dont remove the topics

Well they did state otherwise here but ok. If this was true then why would they get affected but nobody else? Also the rabids retain the same appearance when the rift dissapears. Also the rabids changing appearence when they enter that universe wouldnt contradict my logic. Since megabug would just be corrupting the rabbids as soon as they appear and use them to affect reality. The only thing in the first paragraph that hints at it being universal is the clock tower. However megabug giving a clock tower the ability to reverse time is still only time manipulation. It doesnt mean he is breaking apart and corrupting everything on a universal scale with his own power.

A lot of the second paragraph seems like headcannon. Sending someone to another universe is not low 2-C at all nor low 2-C reality warping. Even in the opening cutscene you just see everyone get taken to the same place through portals which again, is just portal creation. Main justification for alien x rating - Effortlessly recreated a destroyed universe with a wave of his hand. I think that is pretty self explanatory. Changing the art style is only part of the reason and it was a statement that they can completely change the universe. If he were corrupting reality including its time and space on a universal scale then it would be low 2-C (and causing damage to it) in most cases. However you are going to need more than "warping the very essence of their destination" and making things in that area unstable to justify a low 2-C rating. Ill admit that i am not massively familiar with the crossover, but none of this sounds like low 2-C. Even a few staff have pointed this out.

Do you think we should get someone like cal or maybe matt to give their opinions on whether megabugs showings qualify as universal plus or not?

You can ask some other administrators and discussion moderators to comment here if you wish.

Nobody else knows about the crossover itself, but hopefully cal could give some insight for whether it is low 2-C or not

Black dino ranger Take as much time as you need.

Okay. Let's wait with contacting others.

Oh. I already contacted cal about this. If you are reading this cal, just follow the thread and await dinos response. Thank you.

You can remind Dino about this if he does not reply.

Sorry, I just finished my finals hence my late reply. Unfortunately, due to how tiring it and my new position has become, I'm not really in the mood for an long-running argument right now. So, let's just give the character an Unknow tier instead........

Okay. Feel free to update the profile accordingly then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back